So Lonely

I said to google WAYUP a site for widows & widowers . Hope you can find it. I think cruse told me about it. Yes we do have a lot in common, shame we are so far apart.

Oh Christina you been through it twice, how utterly devastating for you.
It must be so unreal to go through it all a2nd time. Diane

Thank you Diane it truly is devastating, but knowing I got through it the first time helps, even though Iā€™m now older, at times is so dreadful and sometimes a bit easier, just have to carry on.
Thank you for your understanding.
I do believe Grief is the price we pay for love. I was lucky to have two wonderful, kind, loving, husbands.
Christina.

1 Like

Aw that is nice to know they were both lovely. I canā€™t bear this loneliness of being on my own. I just seem to be going backwards with copping now. I hate it. Just sit here staring out window looking on pc & not clearing up messy house. I hate myself for being like this. Everyday I say to myself that I will do stuff in house tomorrow & then never do as seems no point to anything anymore.

1 Like

I do understand the feeling, it feels pointless, our lives have been torn from us.

Just be kind to yourself Diane, the house will still be there, when you feel more able. Now grief is all consuming.
Sending you love xxChrustina

Thanks for that I will look it up Diane
I live in Norfolk would you say where you are
Keep in touch lots to talk about x

I am in Newbury Berkshire if you click on me it does say that I think. We can always pm each other to swop numbers. x

I have broken down so many times today my husband passed away 5weeks ago after 51yrs of marriage every day is getting worse Iā€™ve surrounded myself with Steveā€™s photos I feel I cant breathe at times my heart is broken my grief is painful,keep asking him to come back canā€™t cope without him lost so much weight but no appetite,also had to cope with covid which I got from hospital treatment.How do we go on,so many of us heartbroken x

Dear Christine
I know itā€™s agony at the moment but you are not alone we are all suffering but by talking and putting down your feelings it will help a little as you are talking to people who have been there and going through the same. write whatever comes in your mind we understand and that will help you
We are with you and sending our love
You are not alone X

3 Likes

Yes Christina our lives been ripped away from us, so unfair.

2 Likes

Hi Diana

Your words expressed exactly how Iā€™m feeling. 19 weeks on from when Ian passed away and if anything, Iā€™m feeling worse and the future seems more pointless without him.

My counsellor has said I need to reinvent myself but I donā€™t want to as I was happy as I was. I have tried reaching out to people but at the end of the day, Iā€™m on my own in an empty house. ( that definitely needs a clean but why bother I say to myself).

Iā€™m just so exhausted from trying to keep going ā€¦.

Julie x

2 Likes

Julie I feel exactly the same as you. I canā€™t be bothered with anything as now on my own. Seems no point to anything anymore. These dark nights make it much worse. The first winter, I am dreading it. Sending you love & hugs Diane

Life changes so much when losing your spouse Iā€™m the same canā€™t be bothered with anything nothing seems worthwhile anymore,used to enjoy making lovely meals doing housework now I can hardly face food.Hating these long dark lonely nights without Steve used to feel so cosy now just makes me cry x

1 Like

I canā€™t be bothered hardly to eat, lost weight. Just want Vince to cook for & cuddle up to. Diane x

1 Like

Iā€™m 18 weeks in and feel exactly the same. I was happy as I was. Going out and returning to an empty house will never change the fact that Peter is not coming home. No matter where I go, what I do or who I speak to I am alone. What is the point of cleaning and tidying up. None whatsoever.

Take care Moira xx

1 Like

I cannot face doing anything around the house at the moment,grieving too much for her,only been 5 weeks ,seems a lifetime though.Miss her so much,never thought it would be her to go first,she would have coped better than me.I now have her ashes with me on the settee next to ,a little comfort that she is home again but the reality of her passing still unreal .Michael.

1 Like

I am 18 weeks on today and still feel like you. The tears flow so freely I donā€™t know where they all come from. Photos of Peter adorn my living room I find them a great comfort. His wedding ring is on my finger now too. Also I have his ashes with me I just could not let him go from me forever. When my time comes we will go to the same place together.

Take care and know that we are all feeling like you. You are not alone but what else can we do but ā€˜talkā€™ to others like ourselves. Hopefully one day we may feel a little better but it will take sometime yet I fear.

Moira

2 Likes

All of what you have said Michael, Moira, Trixie, Christine, are feelings &actions I have. Vinceā€™s ashes are with me in front room, his ring on my finger. No housework, I only just crawled out of bed.
When I read you all feel the same at least I feel not so guilty or wrong or weird as everyone goes through same motions & feelings at some point on their journey. We have to try to keep going somehow. Love & hugs to all who need them Diane

3 Likes

I need lots of hugs and love thank you.Michael.

Thank you Moira for a lovely message,everything you say and more,we are now on our own in the unhappy state.Michael.