So much for support from my surgery

I contacted my surgery through their website and ask for a consultation regarding counseling or contact details for a local bereavement group yesterday and asked to be contacted with appointment details on my email or phone me. By chance, I noticed that they booked an appointment for today from 13:35 to 13:40. So I charged my phone - assuming that it will be a telephone appointment again and I am still waiting 30 minutes later. In the meanwhile, they closed the appointment online so it looks like that they phoned me (it happened before). Sometimes they call later in the afternoon but I do not hold my breath. Why I am actually bothering to contact them? I am really let down by everyone so far. The only support I have is this forum.

3 Likes

So sorry to hear this but not unusual with surgeries these days. They are a law unto themselves, ours has nearly driven me mad at times.
I hope you get an appointment soon and more than five minutes!
Sending hugs x

4 Likes

An update: I got a phone call from my surgery at about 18:00 - better late than never. I have a face-to-face appointment with a GP this week!!! Hopefully, she can point me in the right direction. At least good news.

8 Likes

So pleased for you. Please tell them everything how you’re feeling, problems you have. Even ones that seem trivial. They all add up x

2 Likes

So pleased, hope you feel better and have a good night.
xx

1 Like

@Annaessex so pleased you are finally getting to chat face to face with someone. Hopefully they can provide you with more support.

1 Like

Thank you for all your kind comments. Love and hugs to everyone.

2 Likes

Fabulous @Annaessex - hope it goes well and they get you some help xx

1 Like

@Annaessex how are you? Haven’t noticed you on the forum for a few days. Hope you are ok. Did you get any luck with your GP?

1 Like

Hello Jan17, I went to see the GP today and she referred me to mental health. She thinks that I will need one-to-one counseling because of the traumatic experience I went through and because I am on my own without any support. A nurse will call me soon to make an appointment. The GP also prescribed tablets I have to pick up tomorrow from my local Boots. I have forgotten to ask the name of the tablets - my brain is still mush. Thank you for your concern and I hope you are not too bad. Sending you lots of love and hugs.

3 Likes

Good morning @Annaessex. I am so pleased to hear that you are now having support from your surgery and going to have counselling. Hope you feel a little better this morning.
Sending love xx

3 Likes

@Annaessex so glad you are getting support from your GP surgery. Hope it helps. Keep chatting on here. Take care.

2 Likes

Eventually they can help. My surgery assigned me a health coach who rang me and who I can contact. I have self referred via nhs website for counselling. From your posts I am so glad you are now getting support. Hugs xxx

3 Likes

Thank you all for your kind messages. I am going to pick up my medication today. Maybe the tablets will help me to go better through the days to come. Hopefully, I will get soon a phone call from the nurse for counseling. Lots of love and hugs to everyone.

2 Likes

Just picked up my from my GP prescribed tablets: Sertraline, 50 mg. It will take a few weeks so I was told before they kick in. Let’s hope they help me. Sending love and hugs to everyone.

1 Like

Dear Anna, So pleased you now have your prescribed drugs. I pray that they will eventually help you, together with counselling.
Sending hugs xx

1 Like

Just knowing you have the pills might help. Hugs. Xx

1 Like

I have more support and experienced really interest on how I feel in this forum than through my so-called friends, part of his family, or my neighbours. Thank you all.

4 Likes

Hey @Annaessex I wondered how you got on. Hope the meds help & that counselling isn’t too long a wait. X

2 Likes

@Annaessex I too have been wondering how you are getting on. I haven’t seen any posts from you in a while. I hope you are getting the support you need.

2 Likes