Solo holidays

I am the same, my sense of direction is truly appalling, I can get lost wondering around shops but the only way of changing that is by doing trips. I am still terrible but getting better all the time. This is why I love cruising as it’s impossible to get lost on a ship full of people and also it’s safe. I am in the Midlands too :slightly_smiling_face:

Thats true … but when youre grieving its not always easy is it ? Some days it takes all your effort to do anything ! But your rught … as a dr i know in allotment said to me a few month’s ago … distraction … that’s the key he said x

We went to Budapest many years ago and had such a wonderful time there.
Apparently it’s a twin city: Buda & Pest on either side of the river we only learnt that once we got there and did explore both sides of the river!
Buda was more developed and more modern whereas Pest was full of green spaces!
Hope you will enjoy your time there!

1 Like

I am very keen to do new things and make new memories. I can’t sit at home crying. it’s not healthy. I’ve started a new job, joined new clubs, and go out for lunch with a new group of ladies. I always think if it was the other way round and I had passed away I know Rob would be travelling on his motorbike seeing new places. Once I get my results that will determine what I will do next.

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone even has to join solo clubs or go way solo unless of course they want to, as there are plenty of people on here who are now on their own with a common denominator, all lost a partner so there are options of pairing up as travelling companions if the idea of travelling alone is too much

1 Like

None of it’s easy Deb but unless we try we don’t know what opportunities lie ahead that could bring us new happiness. We will never replace our loved one’s and grief will always exist in some form but we can’t give up on a chance of a new life

1 Like

It depends on the holiday and what you want to do whilst away, i have enjoyed joining new clubs and meeting new people, if anyone wanted to go on one of my holudays they are welcome to come.

I guess it depends on what you want in a new life, everyone is different some want to meet a new partners others like myself dont want too.

I have a tick list in my head that I am working my way through of places and things I want to see and do.

Exactly but if people are worried about travelling solo then there is always an option of pairing up with someone else who feels exactly the same. What you do when you get there is down to choosing what you want to do. I would be far more trusting of people on here than anyway else but nobody has to feel they are isolated and alone

Same here, I used to follow my husband around when we were on holiday he always worked out where and how to go so I never had to worry about it all. Then I took my first solo holiday last August to a place we had planned to go together in Mallorca and unfortunately, had a horrendous experience on that trip; my returned flight was cancelled due to heavy storm and got a replacement flight back via Nice and the flight got cancelled again at Nice Airport because of the chaos in the UK (air traffic control system failure). I was stuck in one night in Mallorca and another 3 nights in Nice!
At the time I thought I would never fly anywhere on my own ever again! My 36th wedding anniversary is on 1st July and I cannot bear to be alone at home with the all the memories of our wedding day playing over and over on my mind so the only place I can think of now is Nice - the place that I was being alone for 3 days by accident, but it has now given me some comfort that I know the place and that I should be okay to go there alone again just for a couple of days!
Fingers crossed no flight cancellation this time round :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Yeh i agree but it can take a lot of effort for some people who are in early stages of grief , thats all i meant x

1 Like

Deb absolutely, I agree everyone goes at there own pace and are at different stages , what I meant was if 2 people on here were both at a stage they wanted to go on a holiday but had noone to go with and not able to go alone then why not link up and go together? Makes sense to me xx

1 Like

An excellent idea :+1:

1 Like

me too - not looking for a new partner but looking for new places to explore for both of us just like the way it used to be!

2 Likes

It makes sense doesn’t it?
Good for you for doing it. I think the first time is always scary in anything we do but once we do it the easier it becomes and this time for you you know you can and so hopefully you will manage to enjoy it x

yes it does!
Thank you I hope I will (try to) enjoy it this time :crossed_fingers:

Good idea ! Xx

So when we going haha xx

1 Like

Seriously though it is a good idea as there are so many who want to go away on holiday but have nobody to go with… I am lucky I guess that I do have friends I can go on holiday with but then that may not always be the case in the future but I personally would go alone as it wouldn’t bother me too much

1 Like

That is why the solo holidays are good you go on your own, have your own room but can mix if you want
Excursions are included so you dont need to sort them and you have people to talk to if you want at meal times.

1 Like