Solo holidays

Sounds good, i never thought of Saga holidays .
Its good to hear all the adventures we have taken and where we visited.
Keep posting where you are going, which company and also if they charge single supplements.

We can all then look to see who is good to book with.

Saga cruises are mega expensive.
I went with TUI Marella and half the price. I had a fab time but yes airports can be a nightmare but ours was hassle free. Booked another one for next year

1 Like

For anyone thinking of going on holiday alone, a cruise is the way to do it. Perfectly safe, not on your own on an evening unless you choose to be, lots of excursions either with others or on your own, loads to do, all inclusive and everyone is so friendly. I am about to book one (meant to say about to in previous post as not yet booked) and I don’t have anyone to go with but that won’t stop me so happy to do it on my own unless anyone wants to join me lol

1 Like

Where are you going and when

1 Like

I am looking around June 2025 and this itinerary

1 Like

Not bad price that is it at all !!! Considering !!!x

1 Like

Deb
It’s worth every penny and you don’t need much spending money other than the excursions. All drinks are included too. It really is a fab holiday and you get to see different places every day. I am useless with sense of direction and felt so safe. My friend and I did different things if we wanted to and there is so much choice x

2 Likes

Wow that’s good price !! Loved to cruise with my husband … it’s good way of seeing lots of places in short space of time … our son got married on cruise ship captain married then some lovely photos on the bridge . As you say it’s good way to do solo holiday x

1 Like

It costs more if you are on your own but still worth it because like you say it is the best holiday to do solo.
Wow how lovely your son got married on one. We saw a couple get married on our ship, it was so lovely.
I have quite a few friends but that can’t always get away so if I have to go alone I will as I met so many people and you are never alone once you are on the ship x

1 Like

Do they charge a single supplement?

I fancy Sicilly next year found one for solo traveller with new market holidays.

Might try Krakow in October with them to see what they are like

1 Like

Scilly is lovely, hope you have a fab time
Marella cruises do single cabins

1 Like

I do encourage everyone to travel solo now, after my trip I feel more relaxed and now looking forward to the next one!
Your question was probably meant for @Victoria22 as she was on a cruise. I flew to Nice.
Xx

Saga prices include everything - travel insurance, pick up from your home to Port and return, all inclusive drinks, all cabins have balconies, onboard activities, some included excursions, etc.

Do solo traveller get balconies and are there any supplements

The solo supplement is quite high. All cabins on the ship have balconies xx

Yes I always thought Saga too expensive if double what you can pay otherwise. If you are going to use all add ons included makes sense if have that avaliable

Hi Punto.
My partner of twenty eight years passed away three years ago. I have close family and friends so far from alone but they have their own families so I still spend a considerable amount of time by myself. I’m pleased that you have been able to holiday alone and meet new friends .Thats as it should be. I have looked at solo holidays but since her passing my confidence with everything is shot. I’m not too good on line and get muddled when dealing with dates. I’m pretty sure even if I managed to book something I’d go to the wrong airport. I’m resigned to being the way I am I don’t think anything will change me now.

Yes I get the concerns about it is much harder alone when struggling with the way things are and feel lost.