Songs...

Thank you for reposting this song @crazykate the lyrics are so relevant to many of us on here.

5 Likes

Mike and the Mechanics. - The Living Years.

Dedicated to my Stan, my brother, John and my dearest friend of 72 years, Pam. I love each and every one of them but of course Stan is at the top of the list.

5 Likes

I’ve (hopefully) linked two videos of the same wistful Nick Parker song, Guess I’ll Never Know.
The first is the “official” quirky video, Nick is duetting with Saoirse Casey on this version

The second is a version from a bar in Devizes when Nick duetted with the lovely Zoe Newton, who was the support act that night, the sound quality isn’t particularly good, which is why I linked the original as well.
Karen and I were perched on stools next to the guy with the camera. Watching that video now, I can visualise Karen and me having a beer and enjoying a great evening listening to some live music

1 Like

I listened to both versions, imagining you both sitting next to the camera on the second one brought a tear to my eye but I am happy for you that you have this memory. “I wish I could talk to you and ask how you’re doing”
 yeah
 I’d never heard of this guy or the song before, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I have no idea how this Taylor Swift song ended up in my play list, but it is utterly represents how this particular bystander felt watching his wife go through her cancer treatment.
This is a live version, I think you can see the emotion in her face, but the sound quality isn’t great so I have popped the lyrics below
Soon You’ll Get Better

The buttons of my coat were tangled in my hair
In doctor’s-office-lighting, I didn’t tell you I was scared
That was the first time we were there
Holy orange bottles, each night I pray to you
Desperate people find faith, so now I pray to Jesus too
And I say to you

Ooh-ah, soon you’ll get better
Ooh-ah, you’ll get better soon
'Cause you have to

I know delusion when I see it in the mirror
You like the nicer nurses, you make the best of a bad deal
I just pretend it isn’t real
I’ll paint the kitchen neon, I’ll brighten up the sky
I know I’ll never get it, there’s not a day that I won’t try
And I’ll say to you

'Cause you have to

And I hate to make this all about me
But who am I supposed to talk to?
What am I supposed to do
If there’s no you?

This won’t go back to normal, if it ever was
It’s been years of hoping, and I keep saying it because
'Cause I have to

Ooh-ah, you’ll get better

'Cause you have to

4 Likes

That’s lovely and the words are so true. I watched my husband suffer with terminal cancer over the 5 short weeks from diagnosis to his death and I said many a time.

“But who am I supposed to talk to?
What am I supposed to do
If there’s no you?”

Thank you
Shona

2 Likes

Anne Shelton, she was a very popular singer during the 1940’s and 1950’s.

3 Likes
2 Likes

This pops up on my Spotify all the time. It brings me straight back to my dad

1 Like

One of our wedding songs :broken_heart::heart:

3 Likes

Sorry if been on already

2 Likes

Thank you for posting @Fg15

I’m not a huge Phil C fan but One More Night, In the Air, Against All Odds and Groovy Kind of Love are all in amongst my favourite tracks

1 Like
3 Likes

Thank you for that FleurdeLis. If only. xxx

2 Likes

‘But tell me you love me. Come back and HAUNT me. Oh and I rush to the start’
 Do that or We can’t wait to join the ranks of stardust again ^^

1 Like
3 Likes

Yes Riley :’(

The mad world song is one i am now surprised hasn’t come on RenĂ©s smart speakers as he used to play it and I would groan how depressing it was and ask him to change track, which he’d do but he liked it a lot (and the other version).

hearing it now again though I get it and i like it now too. What a comfort to hear this forgotten song thanks x

2 Likes

RenĂ© probably doesn’t want you to feel more depressed than you already are now, maybe that’s why his speakers have been skipping this song. I felt depressed when i heard it before too but weirdly enough it kind of comforts me now knowing someone has felt this way when they created the song. Keep sharing ^^

1 Like

For people who lost their loved ones to cancer (including my mum) xxx

1 Like
2 Likes