Songs...

2 Likes

This was the last song at my husbands funeral Friday just gone, itā€™s been running round my head constantly since then, I was never a huge fan of his music, but my husband was, but this song has new meaning to me now x

6 Likes

So beautiful. Nick Cave has an extraordinary voice. Iā€™ve only ever heard one of his songs before and that was the theme to Peaky Blinders. Thank you @Lilyboost. I hope you find some comfort from this thread of songs as I have. I find myself searching, searching for the perfect lyrics and maybe Iā€™ve found them here, Iā€™m not sure. Many of them come extremely close. :heart:

3 Likes

This was played on the radio this morning. So much has a different meaning since my man has been goneā€¦:heart:

6 Likes

I totally agree.

3 Likes

As mentioned on @Mikeh thread ā€˜Walking my way through Grief.ā€™ I hadnā€™t heard it before.

2 Likes

Hi All, this song is of course about ABBA getting back together. For me i read it as words from afar telling me that my wife still has faith in me to carry on. Especially the line about a new spirit. I am writing stories about our life and my new life so our story will survive.

The other song ā€œdonā€™t shut me downā€ is also along the same line. Again itā€™s about ABBA being different, being a combination of ā€œnow and thenā€ the word Summit also exists which coincidentally links with all the mountains that we are climbing to raise awareness of the rare cancer that claimed my sweetheart. Another line about being open minded about the way she is also fits. She is with me in a different form.

All these songs have come out this month which is the month we got married and the month I lost her. ABBA was a favourite part of our lives. The split when we got married and reformed when I lost her.

Read into it what you like, but I take comfort from all the many coincidences that have happened all our life, far too many to mention.

I even had a message pop up in my watch when I was talking to my neighbour about a significant journey. I do not know where it can from and cannot find it on any of my devices. I showed my neighbour so she could read it ad I didnā€™t believe it. It sent shivers. Who knows, but I have an open mind and heart and our love was a true love and thatā€™s why Iā€™m writing about it.

Itā€™s is truly helping me as is writing about about my walking stories where I thread my feelings and memories into the story.

I hope you find some comfort somehow, I really honestly do.

3 Likes
1 Like

I have always been an Abba fan, In recent days when Iā€™ve heard ā€œDonā€™t shut me downā€ Iā€™ve stopped what i was doing and just stood still and listened it, just seemed to have so much meaning.
Yesterday I down loaded and printed the lyrics, I then played the song whilst reading the words.
My husband who was also my best friend died last year from Covid , I miss him every day, and this song just means so much. It brings him home to me. xx

1 Like

I agree, I try and open my heart and mind and think of my wife being here in a different way. It helps me deal with things when I listen and read the words. Why not believe it. Itā€™s not hurting anyone and might even help soothe our troubles.

They both appear in my stories. Not that Iā€™m writing around them. I have heard then at certain significant points, and that has to be fate or destiny or help from afar in a different form. As the song says. Iā€™m different and have an open mind.

1 Like

Yes thatā€™s on my playlist as well. It has meaningful words.

1 Like

Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven (Official Video) - Bing video

Beautiful :two_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, added to my playlist.

1 Like

Its a lovely song and thought it was really apt for all of us in this position, as thatā€™s probably how we all feel :heart:

Iā€™m here because I only had to reach out :blue_heart:

1 Like

Thank you. Iā€™ve just played this and really listened to the lyrics and itā€™s been such an uplifting moment for me.
I lost my husband December 20 to MND. Itā€™s my grandsons 2nd bā€™day today and theyā€™ve been sending me videos. But, Iā€™m :sob:as Iā€™m alone with no one to share their happiness with and it s really emphasising my emptiness!
Iā€™m recovering from major surgery & blessed with a group of close friends whoā€™ve been amazing in looking after me but the ache in my heart will go on forever missing my husband.
I will live again to honour him for helping me to become the person I am today a d he will be with me wherever I go. This ABBA song I like a theme tune for my lifeā€™s path as I walk it in my own. Thank you for helping me today :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

ā€˜You are not aloneā€™ :notes::notes: xx

2 Likes

Bless you @Jacaladh. Iā€™m glad you got something from the ABBA track. @Mikeh featured it in one of his posts and I thought it worthy of posting on this thread. Music is powerful and can give great comfort.

As the above song from @Stargazer says ā€˜You are not aloneā€™. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Hi Stargazer

A very poignant song. Now added to my playlist. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like