Songs...

Oh Sheila, that’s absolutely beautiful. It reminded me of my mother singing that song when my brother & I were small. She was such a lovely singer.
Songs are so evocative. That’s such a precious memory for you (and in a different way for me)
Thank you
Janey xx

1 Like

Beautiful song and beautiful memories for you take care x

1 Like

I listen to radio all the time now can’t watch tv without my darlin husband . I listen to greatest hits radio 70 .80,90, and relive our past through music. I’m not good at computers so don’t know how to put songs on . We played only you by the flighing pickets at Chris funeral it’s a beautiful song . I bought him there album (record)when we were first married x

1 Like

For @Broken2222

4 Likes

Thank you so much (again) I am useless with computer stuff x Chris was the one that could do things on line x I am now having to learn how to do emails and I have managed to put my meter readings in on line x You don’t realise how much our partners did till they are not here . I miss him so so much x like everyone who is posting on here missing there loved ones . Thank you again you are so kind and thoughtful x Beautiful song x take care x

2 Likes

My husband loved this song, thank you for the memories. XXX

2 Likes

I’m pleased you liked it @Dawn41 but I really can’t take the credit as it was @Broken2222 who suggested it. Music does give us wonderful memories though, I agree. xx

2 Likes

I know this song is not about grief but it is about love and it is about being different. It has some apt lyrics:
‘I am brave, I am bruised…’
‘I know there’s a place for us, for we are glorious.’

6 Likes

And we are different, loss has changed us Kate :blue_heart:

5 Likes
5 Likes

I’ll never love again from the film A Star is Born, sung by Lady Gaga.
This song makes me cry and says everything I feel since Doug died 12 months ago. :cry:

8 Likes

My sentiments exactly… :broken_heart:

4 Likes

I gave my heart to the most wonderful guy when I was 16……lost him at 64 after 47 years together. My heart remains his :blue_heart: I live my life in his memory, he made me the woman I became. Thank you for putting this beautiful song into our juke box x

8 Likes

Just on radio. It’s been posted on here before but worth a second posting…:heart:

6 Likes

9 Likes

What a lovely thought! Thank you x

3 Likes

Oh how I need his love so bad…:heart:

4 Likes

I need his love so bad too Kate…x

3 Likes

Judith Durham of The Seekers, has died. One of my favourite Seekers songs is this and it fits the way I feel about my man…

5 Likes

That’s sad. So many singers, actors etc., of our era are gone. I loved that song and, like you, I felt it applied to my husband. I certainly could never find anyone like him, and I certainly shan’t be looking. He was one of the best, for sure, and I miss him so much.
It’s been over two years now and although I have adapted to my new life, that doesn’t mean I am over him. However, I am so grateful for all the years we had together. Some people don’t have that.
I wish all of us in this same old boat, peace and acceptance. Remember the happy times.

10 Likes