Songs...

A lovely song brings tears to my eyes.
Debbie X

5 Likes

And now Olivia Newton John gone too. :pensive: Hereā€™s one to remember her by; not a love song but a feel good song/video. I actually laughed out loud whilst watching it.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing @Crazy_Kate - isnā€™t it amazing how Grease is still so popular, with any age group? What a wonderful legacy Olivia Newton-John has left us with all these songs - timeless.

3 Likes

Joe Is on our Musical Tapestry Kate. We saw him perform several times. Jimmy actually saw him live the week before he went to #1 with ā€˜A little help from my friendsā€™.
Actually a very apt song for this supportive group :blue_heart:

3 Likes

This song was played at my nans funeral Iā€™ve played it tons of times itā€™s words really give meaning like

4 Likes

Thatā€™s so beautiful, Iā€™ve never heard that before.
Thank you

1 Like

Np, the words are so nice knowing you will see your love ones again soon & itā€™s only goodbye for now

3 Likes

Hi @Debbie57, just discovered this great thread. You have chosen the one song that I definitely would have posted here, still donā€™t know how to go about doing it though. Iā€™m not very ā€˜technicalā€™ when it comes to this internet stuff.
Iā€™ve seen the film twice, and just burst into tears at the final scene. I never would have thought that she could sing such a heart wrenching love sung, so beautifully. I only knew her for her other type of music. Isnā€™t ā€œAlways remember us this wayā€, so touching to?

Take care.

4 Likes

Hi, @Solost
Like you Iā€™ve only know Lady Gaga for other types of music. Also love the Barbara Streisand and Kris Kristofferson version of the film too. Different songs but still emotional.
One more look at you and Evergreen come from this version.

Adding a song on here is easy, open a reply page, go to YouTube in a different window find the song you want, press share and then press copy link icon, Just paste on the open reply page.

Iā€™ve added it for you.

Debbie X

6 Likes

Hi I love the Barbra Streisand film and sound track . I was only thinking of these songs this morning . Thank you for posting them . X take care x

3 Likes

Two other great songs with words that have great meaning that I have been listening to a lot both making me know that Iā€™ll see my love ones again its not the end itā€™s like their always around us at times ,

Westlife ā€œIā€™ll see you againā€

And Carrie underwood ā€œsee you againā€

6 Likes

Thank you @Debbie57, for the video you added for me and for explaining how to do this. I will have a try,. Those other songs you have posted are great too, I try playing and singing Evergreen on the piano, Iā€™ve already learned " Iā€™ll never love again" , but when I come to the end of it, I just break down.
Strangely, I ve never actually seen the complete film of the older version with Barbra Streisand (just bits and pieces of it, by chance). Iā€™ll have to add it to my list of films to download and watch during my ever so lonely evenings, when my kids are usually both out.Being such a sad story, not really a good idea is it? Itā€™s worth the risk, though, Iā€™ve always loved Barbaraā€™s voice.

4 Likes

I know what you mean, why we deliberately watch or listen to things that make us cry, but they also remind us of the special love we had X

5 Likes

Thank you Debbie for helping with how to post on this thread.
Itā€™s truly wonderful this gives so much comfort to the group. It was set up by Crazy_Kate after we found sharing songs brought so much comfort to us.
It really is a wonderful way to find peace as we deal with loss.
Even now, over 4 years of missing for me, a song can take me right back to a moment in time. Always will :blue_heart:

6 Likes

This song kept popping up on my laptop after my mum passed away, I had been making her playlists and I thought they had all been deleted. A week later someone suggested I just listen and see what it was playing and this is what came on. I may add it never tried playing itself again.

5 Likes

Lovely sweet song. Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

A beautiful love song

3 Likes

This one has me in tears listening to the words, if only we all knew what the future was going to bring, would we have said more. :broken_heart:

7 Likes

Hi . I canā€™t put songs on here . Havenā€™t got a clue how to do it . But there is a good song out now . If anyone can put it on this thread for everyone to listen to. DERMOT KENNEDY ā€¦SOMETHING TO SOMEONE . thank you . Xtake carex

2 Likes

For Broken2222

4 Likes