Songs...

Thank you so much . Xtake carex

2 Likes

I donā€™t visit much anymore but this song helped me pick myself up so many times in the last 6 months. Some of the lyrics are so true ā€œAnd theyā€™ll ask you where youā€™ve been, and youā€™ll have to tell them, again and again.ā€ Each of us is alone with our grief but our feelings are normalā€¦

I hope someone here finds comfort from the song.

3 Likes

Just on the radio a few minutes ago, by Smokey Robinson but I like Rodā€™s version; he sings it with feeling.

People say Iā€™m the life of the party
'Cause I tell a joke or two
Although I might be laughing loud and hearty
Deep inside Iā€™m blue

So take a good look at my face
Youā€™ll see my smile looks out of place
If you look closer itā€™s easy to trace
The tracks of my tears
I need you, I need you
I need you, I need you

6 Likes

Many of us will relate to the words above. We look ok on the outside, getting on with living butā€¦

Thereā€™s a hidden pain. No one can see how weā€™re feeling inside, the gut wrenching agony which has become a part of our very being.

5 Likes

Hi lovely Crazy Kate, yes I so relate to this songā€¦the tracks of my tears are etched on my face, they trickle down like a slow moving river helping to release the everyday missing you feelings.

I too heard a song on the radio recently which stirred my sad & sorry soulā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦do I love you? Indeed I do!

Love to everyone :rainbow:

3 Likes

Ahh lovely Rainbow. My David was a Springsteen fan. Thank you for that. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Iā€™ve just been made aware of this Queen song. Very powerful and the lyrics, I think many of us will relate toā€¦:cry:

5 Likes

Certainly hit home with meā€¦ā€¦:cry: made me stop and listen to every word when it was played on the radio. Had never heard it before. Deserves its place on our music thread :blue_heart:

4 Likes

This was sang on the Festival of Remembrance this evening. It really moved me. :heart:

3 Likes

Oh Kate, thatā€™s beautiful, thank you .xx

3 Likes

This is a beautiful song. I think itā€™s wonderful that Andrea Bocelli has made this Christmas album with his two children, his daughter is only 10 yrs old. I have followed him throughout his career as a tenor (here in Italy) , I remember when he first became a top star after winning an Italian Song Festival nearly 30 years ago. He has sung and played music with so many famous international stars, his voice brings out so may beautiful emotions. My husband and I would often try playing his songs on the piano,together :pensive:.

4 Likes

I awoke with this song on my mind this morning and havenā€™t been able to stop singing it since. How strangeā€¦:sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

This was on the radio this morning. I havenā€™t heard it before. It was the tune which initially caught my ear with my dark mood today. :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

A few months my daughter bought me James blunt CD as she heard beautiful song by him,strang title but itā€™s called monsters,it about a son saying goodbye to his father the first few times i listed to it i cryed, i love listening to it, change some wordā€™s in my head son to daughter etc but itā€™s how i was when i was saying goodbye to my dad,the song has helped me with my grief

1 Like

@Karen621 this really is a beautiful song and sung very passionately and emotionally by James Blunt.

4 Likes

What a powerful song, beautiful :heart: xx

2 Likes

That is such a beautiful song Iā€™m sitting here crying , Thank you Kate for posting this. X

2 Likes

Thank you kate for posting it for me, it really does help me listing to it and i hope it can help others

2 Likes

It really is beautiful. Thank you @Karen621 for making us aware of it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Our flame is definitely eternal. :candle:

ā€˜Say my name, love shines through the rainā€¦ā€™

His name is uttered every single day and yes, love shines through. :heart:

4 Likes