Struggling with my dad's death

It probably is him x

Not having a good evening since listening to the young lad singing on Britain’s got talent tonight about his nan who had Alzheimer’s and I remembered the last 4 days after my dad had his stroke and how empty I felt for them 4 days, I burst into tears and my wife instead of consoling me said its not that bad.
Feeling like she doesn’t care for me anymore

How is everyone this week?
Im not doing to bad one day at a time

Hi Everyone, I lost my dad March 15th and I’m have a bad week this week. Grief is so weird isn’t it. The first month after he died I refused to think or talk about him after the funeral and all the first initial stuff was over. It was just too painful and so I put him out of my mind as best I could and didn’t cry. Then the last couple of weeks that didn’t work anymore and I started to let him creep back and the tears came flooding in. I am crying just writing this because the slightest thought of him has me in tears again. My mum seems to be coping better than me and that makes me feel guilty. It’s been so hard for her because he was very sick with cancer for a year and in hospital most of that time so I think my mum did a lot of grieving then and she cried and cried for that year. My dad had a horrendous time, such pain and he fought so hard. I think my mum is relieved that he’s not in that pain and she doesn’t have to see him like that every day. She keeps telling me not to cry, that he wouldn’t want that and that he’s with me every day. But it just doesn’t feel like that. I don’t feel him with me and I just miss him terribly. It’s good to be on here and know that I’m not alone in my grief.
Love Samantha

Ho everyone…it’s so sad to read that we are all struggling so much. I am still struggling after 14 weeks. Every hour of every day is so different. Work have offered me bereavement councilling so I’m hoping it will help. My dad always used to put his arm around me wen I was sad upset or had a problem n he always said…you have always got us… but I haven’t now cos he left me. How u ever move on from this I will never know I’m nearly 50 and can’t believe that I’m handling it so bad. Love to you all julie x

Hi Jules, it’s been 11 months since my dad died and 5 months since my inlaws died in an accident. All I can say is that I went for nearly hanging myself and crying for six hours a day to what I call my new normal. My life has changed but is definitely not over. It’s weird I’ve just got on with things and in time I started to feel better. My top tip is to keep busy and watch funny tv programmes and films.

I’m so sorry to hear of your losses…how awful for you. Yes I can see wot you mean by your new normal don’t think I will ever be the same again. Thanks for your reply x

True you won’t be the same person you were, how could you be. But your life is not over. I bet your lovely dad was happiest when you were happy. I think to myself that I haven’t lost my dad, my relationship with him has just changed. I have a diary and I write to my dad every day. I leave my diary on a table with a cup of tea next to it every day. Just in case my dad can read it. He always loved a cup of tea. Some people may think I’m mad to write to and make a cup of tea for a person who has passed but it doesn’t do anyone any harm. My dad was highly intelligent, a professor of maths and a computer genius. If there was a way to contact me he would find it. Anyway I’ve waffled on. Take care of yourself xx