Struggling with the loss of my adult son

Marg1, like your son, kind, caring and loving. He was my rock, but he lives on always in my heart. I miss him like crazy. Always feel free to pm me. Take care xx

I’m sat here on my own, crying cos i will never see my lovely, kind boy again. I honestly don’t know how to get through this. Sending kind thoughts to you all xxxx

We all have each other on here to get us through this hell and this difficult time of year. My eyes are so sore through crying today. Minute by minute is all we can do and think of our happy memories xx

Thanks for your message, it means so much to know someone understands x

I’m not sure how to cope any more if I am honest. I like you and many others still can’t believe they have gone. I hardly see anyone, my choice, no one understands unless on this site. I look at my sons photos and think why… he was intelligent, his friends described him as the brain oracle, funny, witty, loving, caring and I miss him like crazy and it’s getting worse xx

It’s so sad. My boy was a lovely, caring person. He had such a hard life but he was getting close to happiness. Everything taken from him in such a brutal way. I honesty don’t know if i can cope without him xx

MjG im so sorry you are going through this. Tbh no one understands the pain. People who love you want you to be the person you were. Thats not ever going to happen. The pain and heartache is all consuming. Im going to spend the rest of my life bessd xx

Hello again we are aĺl living through the same heartbreaking story.May we have the strength to get up each day and carry on for our boys sakes xx xxx

2 Likes

Like you all I cannot get over the loss of my Son’s future. He was happy, married with a stepson he loved and looking forward to the rest of his life once they fixed his heart again. I have offered to take his place, I’ve asked him to come back but of course these things are never going to happen.

@30991 it is also our second Christmas without our son and like you the pain feels worse this year than it did last year. I will go through the motions on Christmas Day for my other son and his family but it will be so painful without him being here.
I feel as time goes on I am just getting further and further away from him.

3 Likes

Hi
I’ve been reading through your posts having just lost my beautiful 28 year old son on 16th December. His death was sudden and unexpected, but he had experienced a devastating year as his beautiful girlfriend took her own life in July, having lost her PhD place.

There are no words to express this pain, but I’m trying to focus on the fact that if he was only meant to be here for 28 years, I’m so so lucky he was part of my family.

I really want to try and honour and celebrate his life, and not drown in tears, but I am broken

1 Like

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my son in March aged 35, drugs related. Broken by it but some days to get a bit better. All I can say is minute by minute, do what you feel is right. This forum is a lifeline, just keep messaging. Be kind to yourself xx

4 Likes

Thank you x

Here if you need me or feel free to pm me xx

1 Like

I know it’s just heartbreaking as time passes.
I think we were in complete denial,shock and disbelief that we just went through the motions in a blur last Christmas.
This year we realise that it’s real and that he’s not going to come back home.
I wish you peace this season and I will be thinking of you on Christmas Day and beyond.
Much love and hugs,Jayne x

2 Likes

Im so sad. It’s my birthday Christmas Eve, my son used to make such a fuss of me. It was lovely. I’m all alone now, i will have to get used to it xxxx

1 Like

@Penny11 I can appreciate that is going to be very hard for you. I would remember all the lovely things he did for you on previous birthdays and other celebrations you shared together. These will make you sad but hopefully you’ll remember all the love he showed you, you still have that to hold on to. When I think of my son at birthdays and Xmas he was like a little boy so happy and I will remember the joy and love he gave us all. I do hope you get through it okay xx

@Jamiesmum2309 I lost my son at 35 and it was not expected. It’ll be the anniversary of his passing next month and I dread it. I cannot fathom how this happened and the pain is still so raw. I want to honour him in some way but don’t know how. His name is engraved on the British Heart Foundation Heart of Steel in Sheffield so there is something still here in his name. I tell him every day that I was so very happy he was my son.

1 Like

It’s unbearable isn’t it. I’m so sorry you lost your son too. I’ve been writing to him every night since he died, sitting in his bedroom to talk to him, and trying to think that this pain is because of how much I loved him.

Having your son’s name on the Heart of Steel is a way of always acknowledging he was here, I will try to think of something to do for Jamie once I’m able to, but the house is hollow without him xxx

Im so sorry for your loss i just buried my 35 year old son matthew on 4th dec my life will never be the same again :broken_heart:

4 Likes