Sudden death

Mary…
… no my MS society has let me down, none will come to collect me to take me in nor their transport wont come as far as where i live due to the isolation of it…so i have been abandoned, yet still a member…been three months now i have missed, even their Christmas annual show that the local group put on from the local theatre called WOW…

Oh dear, Jackie,
I am sorry that the SMS has so badly let you down, it is dreadful when a well known charity behaves in this way.
Take care,
Mary

Cheryl, sometimes there is no explanation about why an aneurysm happens. I believe my partner had several risk factors though as he was overweight and a heavy smoker. I now how hard it is to want a reason for why someone died but I take comfort from the fact that he didn’t suffer before he died. Hope you have friends and family to support you through this tragic time. Sending you a virtual hug.

Thsmkz lozza.
My mum was slim and had given up smoking 30 years earlier. She ate pretty healthily too although she had high blood pressure most of her adult life. I guess you’re right and my mum didnt suffer at all. She said that her left side felt funny and then she became unconscious never to wake again. We turned her life support off the following day once the doctors confirmed she was brain dead.
I just didn’t think this would be the way her life ended but I suppose none of us do.
Cheryl x

Cheryl, it does not add up, does it? Whilst I was growing up and afterward. my two cousins (boys) were more like brothers to me, we were so close and I loved both of them in equal measure. One of them lived a perfect lifestyle and yet he was the first of the 3 of us to pass away, quite a few years later my other cousin passed away, he used to drink like a fish and as far as I could see he was determined to live his life to the full.
My first cousin - Tony, never had to go to the doctor until his fatal illness, there was no record of him at the surgery he was so fit.
He developed a brain tumour which was untreatable.
There is no rhyme or reason to it all.
Take care,
Mary

No Mary there isnt. And it just goes to show that we should live each day as if it is our last.
It’s just not practical though is it? I’m doing a 10 hour shift today in work so I hope today isn’t my last!
Cheryl x

1 Like

I lost my husband to sudden death almost 10 months ago, it’s was a massive shock , I just functioned/existed for a long time then I saw how sad my grow up children we’re watching me fall apart! I’m getting there slowly, he was 55 to young and too soon! I’m angry as he went GPs for weeks and they never did a Simple blood test that would have possibly saved him. But I can’t change what happened and it’s been unbearable at times. Keep strong it’s very early days, it never goes away the pain you just learn to cope with it a little better with time. Xxxx