Sudden unexpected death of my husband

Oh that sounds such a difficult set of circumstances to cope with. The pandemic made everything so hard for us but nothing like what you have experienced . My heart goes out to you x

Honeybee31 Iā€™m so sorry to hear of your loss. When my husband died nobody could tell me why and after 4 months of waiting they said natural causes, and when the letter came through it was sepsis, he had no symptoms and we had a cuppa at 7.30am and I was dialling 999 at 10am, Iā€™d lost him by 11am despite air ambulance and 5 paramedics. We were able to have a funeral but it all passed in a blur and I still donā€™t feel Iā€™ve said my goodbyes yet. I hope youā€™ve got support.

Iā€™m so sorry to hear this. The cause of my husbandā€™s death was peritonitis but he died the first week of lockdown. The Coronerā€™s clerk said that as he had a temperature which the paramedics took after death that there might not be a post-mortem if it could be Covid. Obviously the pathologistā€™s at St Thomasā€™s Hospital were unafraid. It took time and samples were taken but his body was released and I had an interim death certificate. The problem was the funeral. I decided that my husband be directly cremated as nobody was allowed to travel. I donā€™t drive so I should have to have walked and I should have been alone. I have his ashes and I know where I want to scatter them. When we can we shall have a celebration of his life. I had the final pathologistā€™s report and have been able to discuss it with my GP. I go to a virtual bereavement cafe every week and I find that helpful. Keep in touch and try to talk with somebody who might help. Unanswered questions are tormenting. X

It was right at the beginning of lockdown and nobody could travel as his mother is in England and his twin sister in USA and the coroner decided that a direct cremation would be best as nobody knew what they were dealing with and as I wasnā€™t next of kin I had no say unfortunately but what can you do, I torture myself every day that I didnā€™t get a proper chance to say goodbye so when I knew the cremation was happening me and the kids lit candles, played his favourite music and I drank a toast to him and we told him how much we loved him and would never forget him xx

Hi Crooky 1
I am so sorry for your loss. Losing someone that is close you is always hard to come to terms with especially if it was sudden. You go through all the things you didnt get to say or do before they passed away. I lost my 10 year old a year ago. I kissed him goodnight and thats the last time i saw him alive. No one expects to outlive their child. I too lost an ex partner 11 years ago. Each day is a battle and i am just relieved to get through each day. I feel isolated from the world and i still have to see his peers as his younger sister still attends the school he attended. I guess i signed up to connect with me people who have had a bereavement and can relate to me. Task are all done on autopilot and i too am trying to find the new norm.

1 Like