Sunday, bloody Sunday

So have i its been 3 weeks as yesterday its such a lonely life i hate it. Xxxx

I wake up feeling sick and nauseous every morning. It takes me ages till I can face eating anything.

You and me both i dont cook i just grab stuff crisps biscuits etc. Xxx

How do you manage for food if you canā€™t go out? Do you get deliveries or does someone get things for you?
You should try and eat some proper food. I tend to have a microwave shepherds pie or something. Canā€™t be bothered to cook for myself.

I have found tinned soup to be good. I can usually eat some of it at least. I am ashamed to admit that I watch tv while I am eating it.

2 Likes

Jim always loved my cooking and it gives me comfort to cook now . I live with my mum so i cook for her .

Now that is impressive!
I used to cook everything from scratch, but for the last 6 weeks I havenā€™t done much. The daft thing is that I have meals for three in the freezer. I make more effort when my daughter is here, using two of the portions and having the remainder for my lunch the next day. But I usually end up putting most of it in the bin. Wasting food has always been a pet hate of mine, but if I force myself to eat it just makes me feel ill.
Well done, you, I am very impressed. And hopefully I will return to cooking properly soon.
Xx

2 Likes

I enjoy cooking and since we joined slimming world im cooked more from scratch as dont like processed food. Just made a quiche for dinner from slimming world recipe

2 Likes

Wow, that looks appetising

Youā€™re making me feel guilty because I really donā€™t bother now
Itā€™s ready meals or air fryer these days

1 Like

Please dont feel guilty i enjoy it makes me feel close to jim in a way cause he loved my meals always think i wonder what he would have said to this meal or this sweet sounds draft but feels right to me

1 Like

Ots not daft.
Itā€™s a connection.
We all need those

X x

1 Like

Same here ready meals toast or crisps for me. But your quiche does look lovely xxx

2 Likes

Thankyou its was really nice and no pastry.

1 Like

You have expressed exactly my own sentiments. I had to turn our bedroom furniture around to avoid the memories of his corner. Your thoughts are what we all go through with just weeks on a journey we donā€™t want to take yet have been forced to undertake. Itā€™s just awful. Donā€™t pay attention to the comments about negativity. My Lord this is not negativity this is a forum for grief and grieving in all its shapes and forms.

3 Likes

I get a tesco delievery but last Friday i got my cigs a loaf of bread some biscuits and some milk. Xxxx

1 Like

Willow112 What does it matter if you eat while watching TV , it is better than sitting there on your own at a table. TV, Radio etc is company and connects us to the outside world in a sort of way. I never sit at the table now unless I have visitors. I have one of those cushiony trays they are great !. i also eat more ready meals than I ever have, but they are not so bad if you read the ingredients they are more or less what you would use at home so donā€™t beat yourselves up about using them and most of them taste quite nice too. I enjoyed a lasagne and a salad on Saturday night and even treated myself to a glass of red wine to go with it. I quite enjoyed it and i would not start cooking something like that nowā€¦havenā€™t got the energy or the will to cook now.

1 Like

I make a bit of effort when my daughter is here. When I am on my own I only eat because I know I have to look after myself for her sake. I donā€™t really want it, watching tv takes my mind off eating. I just shove it in my mouth and swallow . But I do have a multivitamin tablet each day.
Xx

1 Like

@Willow112 how to cope I have no idea, Iā€™m 9 months into my grief and on holiday with family and couldnā€™t feel more alone. Itā€™s very odd but I have lost half of myself, my confidant, my confidence, all I see are families supporting each other and I donā€™t have my special caring thoughtful partner to chat and mull things over with Iā€™m so lost and sad x

6 Likes

I really feel your pain :broken_heart: i have to eat because Iā€™m diabetic and the first week i harder ate anything and Iā€™ve got my husband coat and jacket on the back of the chairs in dining room and everything else is still where it was and he has a mad cave or shed and Iā€™ve not got the heart to move anything and i keep ordering to much food. Iā€™m like you miss him next to me in bed or just chatting at the dinner table and going out for walks with our son. Itā€™s heartbreaking :broken_heart: xx

4 Likes

I am so very sorry.

My husband died suddenly and unexpectedly in March.

I have still have all his things.

Sending a big hug,

Rose xx

6 Likes