Sunshine

@Dottie72 @Annaessex
Yes exactly good riddance.
Unbelievable thing to say.
Bug hugs to you all :hugs::hugs:

3 Likes

I agree with every thing said on here. I am also closing myself off from everyone which makes me even more lonely. I didnt want to get up this morning the thought of another long day to endure. :weary:

6 Likes

Yep you lose part of your life really dont you ? You just cant do the things you used to do by yourself - without that other person you loved! He would so have loved to be here i know he would ! My poor man :frowning: xxx

7 Likes

Yep i wish people wouldnt do that !! Let me talk about my husband ! They talk about their partners/ life so we should be able to talk about ours !! Our loved ones are still so much a part of our lives arent they ? Xx

4 Likes

Deb
Yes you do lose a huge part of your life and yourself, nothing is the same being on your own, I have lost my best friend as well as my partner. I could talk to him with total ease about anything, now I feel guarded all the time not knowing how people will react to me because I am on my own and grieving. It’s all so sad

9 Likes

Yep you said it in one. Missing talking to him today :frowning: bank holidays are so hard. Im gonna go to get some food in to eat - have to eat dont we ? Wouldve been making him a curry on a saturday … he loved his curry but now its ready made curry for 1 :frowning: i had a chat with him this morning ! . Jeez its sooo hard xx

5 Likes

I relate to everything everyone has said …I realised not so long ago that whilst I AM coping day to day…I don’t WANT to cope…and I think it’s because in my heart I don’t think I will be around for very long…the thought of doing this for another 10 or 15 years terrified me…so I don’t think of that and just keep marking time until something happens…I know it’s common to say “they’d want us to be strong and carry on”…that’s almost certainly true…but saying and doing are totally different things…I can see nothing that makes me want to ‘carry on’…yet that is what I am doing…the same life but without the one person that I was doing it for…it’s just not sustainable…:slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

@UnityMan and Everyone
And I get the not wanting to cope.
That’s why I hate people telling me I’m doing well, and I’ve been strong, or I look well, or they’re glad to see me smile.!!! Aarrgghh
I’m NOT okay, and I never will be .
Why can’t people just accept that from me
Hugs to you all :hugs::hugs:

5 Likes

I know we will never be same again . Everyone thinks 3 years on I am over it I feel worse now than I did when I first lost my husband. I feel like the grief is only just kicking in why cant people understand its so hard to carry on living when you have lost your soul mate and the life you shared. :rage:

7 Likes

Sat outside a pub ( a half way house between where I live and my parents) waiting to have lunch with them.
Don’t even want to. Its for their benefit.

They are delayed. And I’m watching all these couples turn up, most older than me…then my parents will arrive, a other couple.

It’s not fair!!! I feel so cheated that I’ve been left alone :sob::sob:

Hugs to you all :hugs::sparkling_heart::hugs:

10 Likes

Why cant they understand ? Because they dont want to ! Its easier for them to brush it under the carpet :frowning: and i for one will never do that ! Why shpuld we ? It was our lives xx

4 Likes

Oh i know @Cathphil i know exactly where you are coming from ! Its almost as if the world is only made of couples now ? I never even noticed before did you ?
Hugs to you .
I was supposed to be going to my nieces wedding tomorrow and i decided just after my husband’s funeral that no way was i gonna go without him and by myself !! Its a long way anyway in cheshire and i got my puppy now !! Xx

4 Likes

@Deb5
Oh I understand. You don’t need to do anything you don’t want to.
I think some of the best advice we can all give each other is …“it really is okay to be selfish”

I’m so glad you have a puppy.
We (I just can’t stop using the word we) have two dogs. Both Bichon Frises.
Treacle, 8 years ( he is grieving big time too) and Bobby our puppy. He and my husband only had 12 days together :disappointed_relieved:

They are my saviours in many, many ways. Including an excuse to decline invitations I don’t want to accept.
My little guardian angels in fluffy white coats. Xxx
Big hugs :hugs::hugs:

4 Likes

@Deb5 gosh that would of been hard for you to Go to your neice wedding. Any wedding in fact. Life is so shit now. Had a dream about my husband last night. I was telling him that he was handsome. I never told him that… lots of things I never said as thought I had 25/30 years to do so. :broken_heart:X

5 Likes

Aw yeh thats so true they are arent they dogs … bless them . Mine follows me everywhere. Ive cried so many times in front of her and she just sits there and is good and quiet as if she knows i need to cry :wink:
No i decided very early on not to go ! My family have been rubbish anyway at understanding how hard this is for me and so i dont want to see any of them anyway! One of my brothers has stood by me throughout but only him really and my middle daughter is getting better at understanding. Her and her brother are doing a 10 k run for cancer research in july in york in memory of their dad :).xx

4 Likes

Yeh it would’ve been too hard wouldnt it ? And ive got a useless, thoughtless family as well !! So a definite “No”
You know my husband was handsome too and i never told him either ! I wish i had too !!! Funnily enough i put a pic of him.on facebook and he looked so handsome and i put that too " this is the handsome man i spent 35 years with " xxxx god bless us all ! as i sit here realising all that ive lost ! :frowning: xxxx

4 Likes

For you @Deb5 and everyone else luckier enough to have the love of dogs to help you through this grief

5 Likes

That’s very true xxx

2 Likes

Hi Cathphil
I have said many times on this forum just how marvelous dogs are in helping us. I have two that have taught me how to laugh again. I call them my furry therapists. Our dogs really do understand our moods. They are truly amazing.
Pat
xx

7 Likes

@Pattidot
They are little therapists, and they don’t even know it, and only charge us in dog biscuits, and hugs back…and as I said for me they are my little guardian angels in fluffy white coats.
Hugs to you all and our furry little therapists, guardian angels as Nd saviours :heart::heart::dog::dog:

2 Likes