Talking to your dead spouse

Hi Glen 54

I’ve found the same. Talking to Tony all day made me cry all day. Now I talk to him I’m the morning and at the end of the day and I find I am less tearful and slowly inching forward . Sometimes I feel guilty not talking to him all the time as I keep myself busy.

Emeexx

5 Likes

Love this , I’m not forgetting her, I’m just getting a bit of me back .

3 Likes

It’s scary when you don’t know who you are anymore but like you, I’m getting bits of myself back too. I think about Tony most of the time and can now go over happy memories without becoming too upset.

3 Likes

It’s so illogical but I do it a few times each day. Once place is in the bedroom where my wife’s life size photo is framed, the other is in the room where she died/ where I last saw her. I don’t believe in god or spirituality, but I suspect that part of me secretly hopes that she might reply

7 Likes

I don’t tend to ‘sit and chat’ with my hubby but I do hug his urn and kiss his picture every night and fill him in on anything in particular that may have happened that day, or tell him how I’m feeling, what I’m missing, (him obviously), what I’m wishing for, (for him to come and visit me), then I wish him a goodnight, then I do the same again in the morning when I get up and tell him my plans for the day, as I say I have done this every day now for the last 4 months since he left, some nights I do then cry myself to sleep others not so much, each day can be different.

8 Likes

I find when in a stressful situation or having a bummer of a day talking to my husband helps me a great deal usually involving a lot of tears but then I feel better and comforted

5 Likes

Hi Glenn,it’s strange to say the name,my husband also called Glenn,died march 21, I am the chatty one, he was a quiet Yorkshire man, oddly enough I had a conversation today with my sister who lost her husband 15 years ago,they were both 49, so young, my husband and I were 74, a good age some might say, I dont, I wanted longer with my Glenn, but,! It was so sudden,in the space of 3 weeks he became ill and left me,we had been married 47 years, Sorry! I digress, I say good morning my love, if I go out I tell him, when I get back I shout I’m back,I say goodnight sleep tight, and good morning darling, anyway I’m now going on,but my sister said she thought it was not helping me, doing this, as my brain is still thinking he’s here, I don’t, but because I’m having a hard time this year,
(I did well last year,even having a hip replacement in August ) so a double coping whammy!
But this year I’m finding it very hard,so today I’ve booked a grief councillor, !! But!! I will carry on saying n night sleep tight my love, x also I ask his advice throughout the day, carry on talking to your wife,if it comforts y ou.
You have to do whatever makes you happy, sorry Glenn I’ve gone on rather a bit,hope life is treating you well.
Tricia

7 Likes

thanks Tricia, all makes perfect sense

1 Like

We all seem to be at different stages of greif, and what help one won’t nessersarrly work for others at the point we at, I’m terrible I talk to sue all the time, making statements that obviously won’t come true wishing her back and why us, all the usual things we all have asked at some point. I’ll tell you this not all will agree with it but hey we all different, my daughter had a medium to her house she told her only things my self and doughters would know about sues funeral wake that’s the truth so the medium went on to say alot of other things that’s true but she said, don’t look for white butterflies she thought them wstmy to common, lol and would think that, look for black or dark butterflies ill try and post a video, I was actually shocked it’s never happend to me before, I took my youngest grandaughter for a walk and this happend, sorry it won’t upload but I’ll try alter the ext on the file but it was a small dark butterfly I offered my hand out and it came on landed on my thumb :heart::heart::heart: I actually felt blessed :disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes

4 Likes

I struggle to believe in mediums , it would have to be something incredibly personal to me and Mandy for me to believe in it .

Saying that I’ve never been to one , I won’t go looking tbh. I’m glad it’s helped you though.

I understand that my freind, iv not been it was my daughter that this info came from , tc

1 Like

I text Ian twice a day, have done since the day he passed away. I tell him what I’ve been up to and how I’m feeling etc. Sadly, he won’t ever reply but it helps me a lot and keeps him ‘alive’ for me in a strange way.

X Julie

6 Likes

Oh bless you xx. If it helps you then that’s what you must do, just keep chatting

1 Like

I talk to my husband anywhere about anything when pleased or upset as I can’t accept he’s gone

6 Likes

I’m always talking to sue only way I get through day if I’m honest. But what I really would like, is to see her to actually let me know she OK, if I knew this I could get on and cope alot better :broken_heart::broken_heart:

5 Likes

Trouble is Ian it’s not going to happen, that’s not me being horrible just honest .

My wife told me to grieve but also to try and get on with my life , she knew I’d be left behind hurting but wanted me live for her , do all the things we talked about around the house but never did . Then one day I will light candles and smile in her memory.

3 Likes

I have felt my husband when I’m in one room I can feel him in another and also tutting at me for staying up so late at night watching tv but I can’t sleep its getting worse Mt grief not better I am a total mess

4 Likes

Yes I hear you Glen I know this, but we live in hope, if it gives comfort then I guess its OK my freind

1 Like

Oh my I know how that goes as these days it’s more like 2 or 3am before I tell myself I should be in bed just like now at 2.30am, and when i say goodnight to my Barrie i say to him not to bother telling me off as i know he would, but if I do go early, before midnight, I wake at stupid o’clock, and no matter what time I get to bed I still only get around 4hrs sleep, long gone are the days 7 or 8 hrs sleep.

6 Likes