That's it then...

…I had very little support from anyone to begin with 'cos I’ve always been the strong, reliable, kind, supportive… yadda, yadda, yadda person that everyone went to with all their problems, but now that I’m a young (45 year old) Yule widow, no-one gives a whatsit about me so I relied on Facebook but my BIL had a go at me about one of the memories I posted this morning so I’ve now got absolutely no support at all.

I can’t even be honest on my blog 'cos that’s so selfish and whenever I post about my grief, my literally only follower emails me and talks about how they have learnt to cope with living alone since their divorce over the last 30 years.

I have got less than no support and I really am at breaking point, but no-one gives a whatsit as long as I’m there for them and I’m my strong, kind, supportive yadda yadda yadda self for them and their problems.

This community really is my only place to come for support now… please don’t turn me away like literally everyone else in my life?

8 Likes

Your welcome here , my partner is dying here in front of me after coming home from hospice Thursday , disappearing in front of my eyes xx this site gets the pain , your not alone it’s sad and scary and heartbreaking and lonely and a big bubble of grief , share it here it helps to know others feel the same xx

4 Likes

@LostScaredAlone - you have a whole family here, all of us understand, all of us care about you and you know, you are not alone. We are with you. Post, share, talk, scream, cry - we know, we understand, we have all felt the worst and more. We come here, and we find support. My friend, you are with us and we are with you. Take a seat. Pull up a comfy chair, take a breath. We are with you x

4 Likes

Thank you so so much, Martju and I’m so sorry that you are going through so much heartbreak with your partner at the end of their life… my partner was only in hospital for 13 days before they passed away so I can’t even begin to imagine the immense pain and trauma you’re going through, but I’m sure your partner appreciates your support in their final days.

4 Likes

@Vancouver - thank you so so much, I’ve already had more support from two replies than I’ve ever had in my whole life and especially since my partner passed on 21st December 2022

2 Likes

@LostScaredAlone - we are with you. Hold tight, we are with you x

1 Like

@Vancouver Thank you so so much

1 Like

@LostScaredAlone You are here among people who are feeling the pain of the loss of loved ones and won’t patronise you or minimise how you feel with your grief because, although we are all different, the physical and emotional pain is common to all of us. Any emotion you may feel is valid. If in doubt post it on this site. You will soon find you are not alone. Love and support.

6 Likes

Thank you so so much, @Mike75 - I’m sooo glad I found you all!

3 Likes

You will still be lost and scared, but you are not alone. xx

2 Likes

@Mike75 - thank you so much, I can go to bed feeling cared for now instead of used like normal.

Goodnight all.

2 Likes

You look after you too ; I’ve just called out the night care as my partner is vomiting so much no reply yet , but helps being in here xx it’s sad but a comfort that others are in the same or similar place , it shouldn’t be , but at least as decent loving human beings we can support each other xxx

2 Likes

@LostScaredAlone its ok to not be strong all the time. This site is full of love and support, day or night.
@Martju my heart aches for you. I hope you are looking after you too.
Love and hugs to you all xx

2 Likes

@Martju - I’m so sorry your partner was so ill overnight. How are they and you doing this morning?

@Skip - Thank you so much

Try to stay strong my friend you will find good people on here who will support you.
If sharing memories on Facebook helps then do it and take no notice of people that don’t seem to care about you.

1 Like

You are an exceptional human being my friend and the world needs more people like you :purple_heart:

@Keith1957 - my BIL was more concerned about his family who all have each other than me who has no-one now, so you’re all gonna be getting the brunt of it all because I’m hopefully anonymous here and my in-laws have no way of finding out that I’m on here, right?

3 Likes

I am new on here but as far as I am aware he won’t know
You are not alone feel free to message anytime I have an ear to listen and I have found that helping people helps me.

3 Likes

Thank you so much, @Keith1957

1 Like

Not sure about anonymity either. Vent away on here, were all here to help each other.
Love and hugs

2 Likes