The death of a best friend.

I’m finding life really hard right now… my best friend wasn’t just a friend but family a lot of people use this term loosely now but honestly she was my soul sister a bond like no other, my friend was killed this year by a drunk driver racing! This was only a few weeks ago but the thought of never being able to talk to her again is hurting me bad… the situation does not help that I do not really trust many people so I only have two other friends… I find it good to let things of my chest with my partner but I don’t want to burden anyone who doesn’t know what I am going through… I genuinely feel like I have lost a piece of me.

1 Like

Hello @Beautifulbumblebee,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your your best friend that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Hey @Beautifulbumblebee.
I am so sorry you lost your best friend.
I too lost me best friend, really suddenly she passed last Friday. She wasn’t just my friend she was my family, my chosen sister my anchor. She passed due to a brain hemorrhage. My heart is broken.

3 Likes

Hey there,

Thank you for your response, honestly it has completely taken me by suprise our last good byes to see her were today and her funeral is tommorow :frowning:
Even seeing her in her coffin I couldn’t believe it… I was holding her so tight and expecting her to hold back I still can’t yet believe this is a reality! She was my whole world I just feel like everything is crashing around me at the moment and I can’t seem to find my way out xxxx

2 Likes

I feel like this i need my friend and grandad

1 Like

Hi @Beautifulbumblebee I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I lost my best friend 4 years ago very suddenly to cancer. It was in the middle of a Covid lockdown so I was unable to see her when she became ill. I still miss her every day. Like you, I don’t have many close friends so feel the loss greatly. It is so nice to communicate with others who have an idea of how it feels. X