The little things...

As I walked our dogs this morning for the first time a robin was on the gate that is the entrance to the field, I’m hoping that was a sign from Keith that he is nearby.

4 Likes

What a beautiful start to the morning for you. I’m sure it was Keith.
I hope it gives you s little bit of strength to continue your day
Big hugs :hugs::hugs:

4 Likes

I had the same experience a few weeks after Bev died. I was walking around Ladybower with my friend and we sat on a bench for a while. A robin came and perched in front of us and then moved to sit by my side for a few minutes. :heart:

7 Likes

After my husband death, the sink got blocked, the hoover stopped working, the fridge stopped working. I used to complain about him leaving the top car vent open, well he didn’t close it well and water got in the car. The blender stopped working.
I have a little mouse which is driving me nuts, bought those little nice traps only to discover I can’t operate it it kept, shaping my fingersmakingme jump I had to follow instructions on YouTube, still the mouse is going round the trap, triedpeanut butter but still won’t bite.
The garden was overgrown with weeds spent 2dys weeding after I spent half an hour on how to work the mower and trimmer

3 Likes

It’s strange. I was out walking to the paper shop. I was thinking about Simon and the order of service. Next minute my phone is ringing. Just a number no name so not in my contacts. This voice says hello you rang me and left a voicemail! Then he said it’s Simon. Simon Prue. He is my boss from work. I said to him “it wasn’t me sorry, I haven’t got your number”.
Text my friend at work to tell her. She said my machine at work is always turned off at the wall when they get there in the morning. This is something I always do when I am at work. And the supervisor doesn’t know who is doing it.

2 Likes

Hi, I am going to Maggies. I don’t know where you are from but just google Maggies centre. Hopefully there is one near you. Im from the generation of men don’t talk about their feelings but I’m so glad I did they are brilliant. Hope that helps

5 Likes

Electronic devices are also used in paranormal investigations as well as animals, usually these are photo electric devices that operate cameras(it certainly worked in my case involving my ‘dead’ twin brother and cameras can detect wavelengths of light that the human eye can not as in Croma photography, a Russian invention know used in archology on ancient artefacts’, dead sea scrolls, Egyptian mummies and many other fields as well. Clearly your camera showed something you could not see and I bet it was your loved one checking up on you (like the cat that was having a paranormal experience(paranormal simply means that present day science cannot explain it so lets demystify that term know) you can rest assured there is nothing wrong with your phone, in my experience the light was being hit with something by the sound of it, on one hand annoying, but on the other good to know he was there and defiantly in the room and it ties in with what my clairvoyant told me later on, I hope that helps and wiksh you all the best

1 Like

Thankyou Lyn for your kind words and I hope I can bring you and others some comfort, we all need to give our selves time and to let things settle down, it is not that we only miss our loved ones but there going is often a life changing event as well and things will never be the same again, we need to take stock and reinvent ourselves, joining clubs is a good way forward to help make new friends and take up new interest and challenges, keeping busy and getting out of the house is also good, but do it at our own pace, you will know yourself when you are ready to move on, While I still miss my mother and brother I am feeling much better then I did in January (I literally wanted to curl up and die
while my health took a terrible beating leaving me with ,low immunity) grief CAN BE A KILLER, it is a medical condition and should not be underestimated, we must develop a positive outlook on life and be more kind to our selves and to each other, I hope your days are getting better and will take you to a happy plaice.

6 Likes

OK, this is for EVERYONE who feels its over and they want to end it.
The phone number is 0808 808 1677 and is the CRUSE BEREAVEMENT CARE LINE and if any one ask I was given this number by my mental health nurse(Ken) at Cartmel surgery, Cumbrea when they considered me to be a suicide risk in the very early days of my bereavement.
Yes, a bereavement if it lingers can turn to clinical depression and all sorts of other health problems causing stress among other things and in some cases early death (NOT related to suicide) the loss of a loved one is usually life changing and this can bring its own stress both financial and emotional and people have been made homeless by it to add to there misery, I am lucky in that respect, but I still have moments and am yet to process the moment of my mothers death(I just shut down at that moment and went on auto pilot) and am still picking up the pieces as i decide ware to go from hear, I am getting on with things in the pipeline and that is keeping me occupide,the early days are very hard and the fact it was early January did not help and at that moment I wanted to end it, I was found freezing in my sleeping bag and was not eating or drinking and if left I would have slipped away to that pavilion in the next life, but we cannot just knock our own bails of the stumps just because someone else is out of the batting, that, is a cop out and a betrayal and those who have gone before us will not expect as to do that, the best way to honour them is to make a go at our own lives and keep batting on, give the phone number I have given you a go (I think the calls are free and you will get practicle and emotional support, hang in there and good luck.

8 Likes

Thanks Tim for your care line number I’m at a place where I don’t honestly know where to go or what to do, my husband died early January I’m finding it difficult to get through each day still, I wonder why life can be so cruel when you love someone so much and there taken from you without warning, so thankyou for the help line number I know it’s there if I need it x

5 Likes

Hi Lin22, my husband died on 31 March and I’m in a very dark place wondering what the hell is the point of carrying on, I’m trying to get bereavement counselling but the waiting times are very long even if you are considered potentially a danger to yourself but I’ve resisted so far and my Keith would be disappointed if I didn’t take care of our dogs so I’m existing to take care of their daily needs and to make sure I leave everything neat and tidy. I’ve found reaching out here has been helpful, everyone here understands what you are going through and how very hard it is just to get through each minute, hour, day. Don’t give up, reach out to to us when it just seems too hard, I’m also just trying to get through every minute of every day like many others, please reach out for support.

4 Likes

Hiya, i can enapthise with that feeling. Its only been because of my two dogs that i know i’m here. They’ve already lost one parent, i couldn’t let them lose another. They certainly get me up in the morning & give a purpose.

3 Likes

Yes you are right, they certainly make sure I get out of bed in the morning and take them out for their morning forage around the fields and hedgerows and I can talk to them which is useful because the house, even though it’s not a large house, seems way to big and so very silent, it’s our wedding anniversary on Tuesday and I’m dreading it. Sending love and hugs to you

Oh yes, i talk to mine all the time & they do make me smile even when i’m falling apart. Anniversaries are awful, such difficult times & i really hope you get it through it ok. It’s just another thing we have to deal with. You take care & sending love & hugs back🤗

2 Likes

Thank you both for listening I too have got two dogs cockerpoos they are getting me to get out of bed in the morning and walking for miles I live near the coast so I’ve a beautiful beach on my doorstep but nothing can make me feel like I belong here anymore I’m living at the moment for my dogs as you say they have lost one parent :smiling_face_with_tear:

Reach out to us all at any time, we are all here supporting each other through this terrible loss that we’ve each suffered as we all try to navigate our way through our overwhelming grief. You’ve got this with the help of your lovely dogs and the love and support of everyone in this group. Take care, you are not alone.

Yes isn’t easy & i too am near the coast but can’t get on the beach as i’m disabled now but when i can i do get out & get fresh air but at times it’s bitter sweet. Going to places on my own with doggies isn’t the same as when there was two of us. It evokes happy memories visiting where we used to go but then also upset cos i’ll never do it with them again🥺. Will make no more memories with them but we have to live in the present & make new memories & hopefully more good & happy ones. It is nice being able to talk on here because i haven’t got any one that “gets it.” I know you all know what i mean. So thanks to everyone for being out there, even though it’s in hard times.

3 Likes

Always here for you xx

1 Like

Thank you :hugs:

2 Likes

Last Sunday 11 June I said not goodbye but we will meet again to the most amazing man I have ever known or loved as his ashes were scattered at sea by the RNLB , as we walked back from the sea shore and stood looking out to sea I looked up to see the most incredible thing happen the clouds had become an angel every detail was there it was amazing I’m so glad I had my family there to witness it I know now he his safe and happy and he was telling me :heart::heart::heart:

8 Likes