The little things...

@Barneskiaj I’m so sorry to hear of your loss of your husband and what you had to go through. . Life is so unfair and cruel. My husband died suddenly. I went to work on the Saturday and Sunday I got a call from my son to say that dad had collapsed. Time I got home he was gone. He was 53 years old. He died of a massive rear saddle pulmonary embolism and kidney cancer which was in both kidneys and had burst through the lining of the kidney sitting under the blood vessels. No closure and no answers. I do wonder if he would of still been here if not for the blood clot. I Google a lot which I know I shouldn’t. Just miss him so much and feel so lonely without him. Sending big hugs xx

5 Likes

Hi Hazel.1966, I am totally in tune with you, I am totally crushed by the loss of my husband Keith, the grief I feel over losing my mum in January is as nothing to the grief of losing my one true everything, I’m totally lost, I can see no future for me other than a lonely existence and I’m not sure how I’ll ever be able to manage it, I was just talking to a guy who knew us both in this village, he compared losing my Keith to losing his dad many years ago and said that it’ll be ok, I’ll move on in time, no I won’t “move on” I don’t think you ever truly get over losing your spouse, I’m certain that I won’t, I shall always be alone and I will always mourn losing him. Big hugs to you too, I’m so sad that you are experiencing this devastation too, but thank you for your kind words, it is comforting that we can share our grief with people who understand xx

3 Likes

I am so sad that you have had to go through so very much, life is so cruel. Thank you for your kind words, it helps to know that there are others who understand when all I can see in around me is my own grief and crushing pain. sending you every best wish and big hugs xx

2 Likes

I think she probably is with you, but in spirit form, since the passing of my mother on the 5th of January I went to see Quinn in Southport on the 4th of February, Quinn is a world leading clairvoyant and in the reading the name coming through to her more strongly then any was Frank(my late father who passed on the 1st December 2008 and my mothers husband) and I have developed an interest in clairvoyance, this is NOTHING TO DO WITH RELEGON but a series research into what becomes of us after death, when my twin brother died on the 4th September 2021 I am convinced the following night he was messing with a photoelectric light in my bedroom in the dark(it sounded as if he was hitting the dam thing and I found it annoying) I called out ‘Michael, is that you’ and it at once behaved its self, the same night a close friend of his 50 miles away had a similar experience, the chances of coincidence are millions to one so I can only conclude we DO CONTINUE AFTER DEATH and retain some contact with those we loved but leave behind (ie, like you and me, still batting after the others are out and have returned to the pavilion)I look on it as a game of cricket, and when you in turn are out you will be returned to your partner who is back in the pavilion and some even think we started from there before we were born

1 Like

I completely understand that, I lost my mother to dementia on the evening of the 5th of January when she died in my arms gasping for breath and found my self under a mental care nurse more used to dealing with ex soldiers( apparently I suffered some form of battle field trauma and I have been through what is medically recognised as one of the most stressful situations you can face) I am 63, my mother was 95 and while we were mother and son we lived more like husband and wife and for the last 12 years or so we did everything together and I was her principle carer for some 4 years and that took a toll on my health and I am just beginning to get over that and get my health back, to begin with I just wanted to stay in my sleeping bag and die and I would have done had I not been found but I have come out fighting and am putting my life back together, it is hard and you will have to do it to, but at least it gives me a reason to get up in the morning, I make a list of jobs to do at the start of each day, do NOT feel guilty about moving on, the best way you can honour your late husband is by getting on with your life, you never get over a bereavement like yours or mine, but you do get used to it, I am basically alone in the world know apart for my Niece and my Sister in law and we all have two choses, sulk in a corner at are loss, or be grateful for what we have had and go on to make a success of the rest of our lives and in so doing honour the example and values of are departed loved ones, yes, it would be easy to give up and render up the ghost but that is not only a cop out but is also a betrayal and we cant just nock are own bales off just because someone else is out of the batting, who ever that is, hang in there and things will get better, join a club, take up a new hobby(I joined the local balling club) do martial arts or paragliding if it floats your boat, or start a new business, basically we need to reinvent our selves, I intend to build tiny steam launches initially as a hobby but develop into a business(build one a year and sell in the spring for 3 gran) I am semi retired, but not over the hill and a positive go getter attitude is what you need to develop to help you move on with your life, talk to your friends, cultivate ideas and possibly take a holiday with close family members if you still have them, hang in there, thinking of you, may God guide you to a better place.

2 Likes

I do so hope that I will see Keith again as well as my mum, nan and all the others that have predeceased me - like you I’ve started to investigate and am listening to audio books about life after death, I hope so much that it’s true. I haven’t been to see anyone but then it might be too soon to hear from Keith, somebody told me that the person has to rest to recover from their illness but maybe I will eventually.

1 Like

I’ve been told by a spiritualist that they are healing when they’ve gone. I certainly believe, i’ve seen & heard my friend since sh3vpassed & i’ve had other things occur too.

1 Like

Hi everyone its 5 weeks for me and im desperate for a sign Have had nothing except 2 days after he died my cat was on my knee and her eyes were transfixed to the wall behind me she jumped off went over to the wall…She clearly saw something ,her head was following something .I could see nothing its the only time she has done that i did wonder if he was checking in on us hope so…I miss him so much .Its a loneley journey we are all on xx

3 Likes

Animals do sense things better & more than us so lets hope it was. You may get a sign when you least expect it. I often ask for one & tend to get one in some form or another. It is a lonely journey & they leave a massive hole in your life. I wish you well & take care.

1 Like

Animals are sometimes used in p-paranormal investigations, according to my clevoyant Quinn (one of the best in the world) the spirits of our loved ones are always with us, in my own experience a photoelectric light was misbehaving its self the night after my twin brother died, I called out to him and it behaved its self, I can only conclude that your cat certainly did see or sense something that you could not, when it is time and you in turn are out of the batting you will be reunited with him, for the first few days after I lost my mother on the 5th of January I just wanted to stay in myt sleeping bag and die and I would have done had I not been found so I know what it is like, we have to reinvent our selves and find a new purpose for life and while that is a challenge it is also a reason to get up in the morning, take up a new hobby, martial arts or paragliding or power lifting if it floats your boat(I joined the local balling club and play every Thursday afternoon) but do something and meet new people, it will be good for your health, I know difficult days lie ahead, but we must have the courage to change the things we can AND the humility to accept the things we cannot change and it is only the healing process can begin, greaving is a medical condition and something we all go through, we never get over it, but we do get used to it, may God guide you to a happy place.

1 Like

Two nights ago I woke around 3 reach for my mobile to see what time it was and my camera on phone went off with a flash now to get to my camera on phone you have to slide the screen across twice when I checked the photo there was my dog asleep in her bed but there was a bright light near to me I’m not sure what to think x

1 Like

Hmm that’s certainly something not easy to explain. I guess it partly depends on what you believe.

I want to think it was the love of my life letting me know he’s with me, I miss him so much it’s 17 weeks since he passed suddenly I’m still in denial still thinking he’s going to be home when I walk through the door :smiling_face_with_tear:I have no explanation as to why the camera went off tried taken a photo just after it happened it only showed Dottie my dog still asleep just an ordinary picture, there was no white light on it.

1 Like

@tim007
I was so pleased to see your messages of positivity and hope. You have come a long way. Your mum would be proud of you
Lyn

2 Likes

I was like that, expected my friend to be in the room when i walked into it. Asking her if she wanted a cuppa. Daft i guess but she was always there & now she isn’t. If it helps to think/ believe that, then do cos who knows. I know i do believe in these things & it helps me & i’ve had things that means it can only be that.

2 Likes

Hi and thanks for responding im glad there is so many of us getting signs here its so comforting the more i read the more i beleve .I asked my oh to send me signs and he said he would .We just have to have patience. I talk to him every day and have done for 5 weeks it just seems normal to do this has i always did .Only in the house may i add when im on my own in case your thinking im talking to him in the supermarket although i have shed tears in the supermarket and other places that hold memories.Take care everyone xxx

4 Likes

I can empathise with that, going to places where you went together is tough, that’s for sure. It j7st isn’t the same & how can it be.

3 Likes

I talk to my husband when I’m walking the dogs and when I can’t find something I’m asking him where it is it’s strange because within a short amount of time it turns up, talking about signs I asked my husband to leave me a sign of a letter T in the clouds is name was Tony, today I spent in the garden, looking up at the sky there were two perfect clouds shaped as a letter T been 17 weeks since he died today I had a smile :blush:

5 Likes

Oh that’s lovely. Not surprised you smiled, how wonderful for you.

4 Likes

Hi lin22 that is brilliant so pleased for you youl sleep well.tonight xx

3 Likes