This is what I learned in the year since my soul mate passed

@DennisS
Thank you for your inspirational post. Im 7 and a half months in to this shit show and this forum has been a lifesaver, literally, I found it at Christmas, my first first. I feel lost, broken and robbed of our future, he was only 47, talking on here helps, and the zoom chats help massively its gives me hope hearing from others further down the line. Love to all in this club no one wants to be in. Xx

9 Likes

I love your poem x

3 Likes

@DennisS you nailed it :+1:…your sincerity and honest opinion will be beneficial to many including me. Your right about your stunning wife :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

@UnityMan
“this shit show”

Was just reading back over some posts I’ve read before …
And your message with the words
… this shit show…
Seemed to resonate even more than the last time I read.
It just sums up in 3 words the rubbish life we are now having to live.

Hugs to everyone :hugs::hugs:

10 Likes

Hi @Bevcat23
So sorry you are in this ‘shit show club’
But glad you’ve reconnected…
It really is a comfort read each others posts, and enjoy the understanding between us all
:hugs::hugs:

4 Likes

…seems a lot of people on here have had a particularly bad day…I certainly have…so shit show it certainly is…don’t know where this is going…but I know I can’t carry on just like this…like as before but on my own…this is like living a lie…:roll_eyes:

8 Likes

@UnityMan

What is it about today!!!???
We are all on different journeys and at different points since our soul mates left us, but your right lots of us seem to be having a particular bad day…
Perhaps it’s just because another weekend…that we all find so difficult
Love and hugs all round :heartpulse::hugs:

7 Likes

I’m retired and most retired people will tell you, one day is the same as another. There is no weekend. Saturday and Sunday are just the same as all the other days. Oh, the bins go out on Sunday night.

6 Likes

@DennisS thank you for this post. You explain things perfectly. Hugs to you :heart::heart:

4 Likes

@Dottie72 I’m glad it resonated with you. Yep, losing a parent is zero compared to losing your soul mate. And also, thanks for saying my girl would be proud of me - that’s all I can do for her now…

6 Likes

@AngelinaH I totally agree… I had a guy “looking after” me in the Mental Hospital who said the totally exclusive relationship I had with my darling Sharon was “unhealthy”… TWAT. I explained that if he didn’t have the love that I have had… that he’s a loser.

6 Likes

@AngelinaH Absolutely right about days and dates, except we’re on a different calendar - the bins go out Tuesday nights.

1 Like

@Johnch Yep, totally agree. I went from hard core alpha suppressing all emotion since I was seven years old (physically/mentally abused in childhood) - but I’m now some girl bollocks wokey loser who accepts all the help I can get. Which might work.

2 Likes

@Solost lovely to talk with you again… I’ve not been on the board much recently as I’ve been having totaly loads of counselling for PTSD, complicated grief, rage management etc that I’ve just been isolating. I hope you are doing as well as possible on this Planet Shit?

4 Likes

@KarenF lovely response. Yes, I agree, all I can do now is make my darling Sharon, the other half of my soul, proud of me.

5 Likes

@Cathphil Totally agree. Unbelievably, my son (mainly my daughter in law) have totally isolated me because I refuse to replace my girl as Nanny with her Mum. After a year: fekk em both - I’ve lost a son in addition to losing my soul mate - but ALL I care about is my darling sweetest darling Sharon…

5 Likes

@nel yep, one thing I’ve learned… we are all on the Planet Shit… no option…

4 Likes

@Skip I’m glad it helps… any support you can absorb… grab it…

4 Likes

@Bekind thanks for that. My darling girl was extremely beautiful - could have picked anyone - but we were together since she was 18. omg my heart is bursting right now, how can she be gone…

4 Likes

@Cathphil thanks, yes we are all in this World of shit, but maybe we can help each other?

4 Likes