Today, I had a moment's happiness......

Further to my posting on "the knotted up stomach feeling " I would like to start a new thread where we can try to support each other positively by posting something which has given us a moment’s happiness each day…a little reminder that life still has something to offer us in the midst of our grief and aloneness:

This morning in my little garden I saw some bulbs thrusting green shoots into the crisp cold air…and I smiled!

9 Likes

Days getting longer-soon be warmer and then the days when the warm of the sun will feel like a hug.

3 Likes

I saw two robins in my garden today was really missing my mam then I looked up and saw them made me feel warm inside x

5 Likes

Thanks for starting this thread, amelie’s gran - what a lovely idea. When you are grieving, moments of happiness may be small or few and far between, but that’s all the more reason to notice and appreciate them when they happen.

3 Likes

Now this might be of the wall. Had a physio session today and she asked me about some red marks on my back. No matter how I twist in front the mirror with another in hand I can’t see there. Of course it was my wife who keep an eye on that area, sadly now passed away. I had a chuckle and I’m sure you would be amused at my gyrations. Any body have any ideas if & where there are rear view selfie sticks? Could this be an innovation.
Tracey the little things can lighten the load
best wishes

2 Likes

Today’s moment…watching the wild birds feeding in spite of the heavy rain…so determined whatever the weather! I too have a robin that visits, Tracey…and I look forward to seeing it so much…really lifts my heart and I hope yours keeps visiting you…they are definitely “special”…and soon the butterflies will be back!! Can’t think of an immediate solution Bob but yes you made me smile thinking about your antics so thank you!! Take care everyone!

2 Likes

Having a bubble bath this morning, lying in it thinking how lovely it was - and how I should really be getting up and getting on with things. I didn’t, I stayed there relaxing and thinking next time will do in the evening and take a glass of wine in there with me.

3 Likes

try epsom salts in the bath great muscle relaxation

Another one from yesterday. I saw my first crocuses in flower on the way to work. Lovely yellow and purple flowers in the sun.

1 Like

Still trying hard to be more positive!! Some days are kinder than others … yesterday I saw a beautiful rainbow and today there is a little primrose poking it’s head up bravely. Somehow, I find that these little reminders that beauty and joy do still exist mean more to me now that I am seeing them on my own. Thanks to those who have taken up this thread and sending love and hope to all the posters on this site, new and old.

3 Likes

I met a friend for a cup of tea this morning. She gave me a Special book that she had made up. It had pictures of all the children that my husband (Geoff) and I have looked after over the years. Some of the children have written messages about the funny things Geoff used to do and happy memories of the things that he taught them. It brought a smile to my face and happy tears to my eyes. Nice to know other people love and miss him too.

4 Likes

I think that’s a wonderful approach to have …It’s only been a week since I lost my lovely mum who was not only my mum but my best friend and I couldn’t stand the feeling of emptiness over the weekend (felt like I was suffocating) as we had our routine and Saturday morning was the time we took to sit chat and I’d read to her then she would watch her beloved football
Yesterday I took a walk and actually stopped and took in what was going on around me as I’ve been so busy.
While I was quiet I actually heard bird song which my mum used to love … and for the first time in ages I felt calm

3 Likes

Birds are a recurring theme here it seems.

I have been standing in my kitchen the last few days watching birds on the feeders and remembering how much Mum used to enjoy doing that too. I said when I moved last year I would have a Mum’s corner in one bit. The whole garden is a Mum’s garden now with plants and things she liked!

2 Likes

I too have been seeing spring flowers emerging ,and one night this week,I drove following the line along my local coast of a beautiful sunset -there is always joy and beauty,even when we seem submerged by grief x

2 Likes

I now at last look to see and find small things that lift my mood and remember what we shared.Sunsets wonderful and then there is often a bright dawn

1 Like

It’s a beautiful morning here by the coast where I live ,and I’m sending you sunny rays and some love wherever you are

1 Like

Thanks that kind

Today, brave little crocus breaking through the cold soil mean a new chapter to me.

Also my 5 year old bending down on the way to school on Friday to gently lift a snow drop in his hand. I dare you to do it too, there is a secret green and white flower hiding in the white petals you see from above.

X

2 Likes

This morning I walked my son to school as it started to snow. The cold on my face was refreshing and the snowfall was calming. My son ran along excitedly making a snowball. It momentarily took my thoughts away from missing my mum and i smiled. I can’t remember the last time I felt happy, every day is overshadowed by grief. I’m hoping this is the first of more smiles to come. Thankyou for all the uplifting messages on this threadx

2 Likes

It will little things can make a lot - mini celebrations to lighten our darkness