Today, I had a moment's happiness......

Hello everyone!
Having started this thread, I often read all the postings to help me on the not-so-good days so thank you!
I have struggled a little recently but thought I would share this with you: Saturday night and I am just about to sort the clocks out for British Summer Time; this was always Barry’s job so not something I relish doing! Anyway, do the deed and retire upstairs. Come the morning I am up early but can’t work out why it is SO early…then I realise that I had put the dratted clocks BACK instead of forward! As clear as if he was standing there, I could “hear” Barry saying “You are a real muppet!”…and my heart was glad!

4 Likes

Amelias Gran
I for one think it is one of the best threads and I thank you for it I also go to read when I’m a bit down … Just got through 12 months not sure how but I’ve had many moments when I’ve heard Stu call me a 2 hats (work it out) most recent was on Thursday 12 months to the day he passed away I snuck some of his ashes on to Great yarmouth bowls Green we used to play there when we holidayed… I only ever beat him once so I put the ashes on that rink just where matt would go … His Daughters asked me why there when I explained they laughed and I heard him call me a 2 hats … I also has a plack put on the wall here … good memories thank you again xxx

1 Like

Two new moments. I found a gift voucher recently that had been given to Mum for either a birthday or Christmas. On Monday I took it into the shop it came from and asked if it was still valid, it was. I went and spent it on something nice for my house which my Mum would have liked and will look on it as an Easter present from her to me.

The other was yesterday. I had my hair cut and coming home remembered how Mum always used to want a ‘twirl’ done for her to inspect it. After a moments sadness I thought she would be most likely telling me it looked a mess before and well done for sorting it out. It made me smile because Mum used to get so cross with me for not fussing about my appearance.

1 Like

Such a lovely saying and so true x

Awoke today to snow covered roof tops! A stay at home day in the snow, lovely.

1 Like

Yesterday I spent 30 minutes in my garden (formally mums) weeding my Daffs. Nearby I could not help but notice our mum’s little forsythia bush coming into delicate little yellow flowers. looking behind at the garage and saw mum’s old big forsythia bush, equally resplendent with an abundance of little yellow flowers. My smile though was for what is to come, such garden joy.

1 Like

I have been reading recently about the new craze of painting stones and leaving them for others to find. Something I believe started to encourage children to get out and away from their computers and games consoles. It made me smile thinking how my Mum would have loved the idea and would have been the first one out there looking for stones and painting her own to leave for others. I have one she brought many years ago ready painted and intend putting it on the inside window sill for people to see as they walk past.

Much more than a moment’s happiness today. I went to an art exhibition that a friend was exhibiting at. I brought myself one of their pictures to remember both my Mum and Dad by. Today is 26 years since my Dad passed away so a date I never forget.

Hello everyone!
What a long, hard winter it has been! I have really struggled to find anything to gladden my heart recently but on Monday, during a brief respite from the rain, my neighbour’s fourteen year old son arrived to mow my grass for me! I have been really worried about keeping the grass cut so I was really pleased. Anyway, there he was…a stringy young lad with the ubiquitous earphones plugged in…strimming and mowing away happily and the thought came to me that he is just at the start of his life …that one day he will hopefully meet his soulmate and another loving partnership will begin… a reminder that there truly is a season for everything and that nothing can erase happy memories!
Take care x

Has anyone else noticed what a lot of primroses there are this spring? Maybe because I am living in a more rural area I am noticing them. My Mum loved wild flowers, as do I, and would have been so thrilled to see them all. Seeing them reminded me of when I was little and used to go out picking them every year. Not the crime it is now!

A moment’s happiness for me today. A good few years ago dad bought me a bird box and my partner at the time painted it gloss white! I was so annoyed and said no bird will nest in it now and they never have and then this morning I looked out the window just in time to see a blue tit going in. It made me so happy and sure my dad orchestrated it x

A moment’s happiness for me today. A good few years ago dad bought me a bird box and my partner at the time painted it gloss white! I was so annoyed and said no bird will nest in it now and they never have and then this morning I looked out the window just in time to see a blue tit going in. It made me so happy and sure my dad orchestrated it x

Yesterday I went to one of my sons for dinner. As they like to have wine with their meal, I booked a taxi home. I use this firm regularly and have got to know the driver who normally picks me up. We chatted about this and that and as he parked where I live, he said something really funny (not a rude joke). As I opened the door to get out he said “it’s really lovely to see you smile and hear you laugh”. I felt so thankful that the ability to do both is still there, but when I opened my front door to an empty flat, back came that sinking feeling. Nevertheless, knowing that I can still laugh is a bonus, and thank you, taxi driver. Eileen

1 Like

Hi Eileen

Your taxi driver sounds lovely. Little moments like that mean so much, that people care enough to notice and mention it to you.

Mel

Thank you, Mel. It made all the difference to my day because the driver knew that I lost my husband last June, and he obviously felt pleased that he had managed to make me laugh. Not many people can do that at the moment. Eileen