Told to stop wallowing

My God! That woman is pure evil :rage:. You must be so disillusioned. Iā€™m so sorry.

6 Likes

Some married women dont want to mix with single ones around their husbands, for that very reason its true.

6 Likes

Dont really know how i feel at moment just so angry and sad its brought it all back that Iā€™m on my own now .

8 Likes

Just unbelievable! At least now she has more than shown her true colours and you know what to do.

6 Likes

Indeed i do

6 Likes

Thank goodness for this forum gives me somewhere to get things off my chest and speak to decent people thankyou everyone x

11 Likes

Even if it was ā€œtough loveā€ comments, there are ways to speak to others. One day she may come to realise what a poor friend she has been to you & she has now revealed her true colours.
Maybe mum is right!.

Take care
G. X

8 Likes

Ditch her!

8 Likes

@Misprint incensed by you froends comments, where is the compasdion , empathy ā€¦at least you have friends here who truly understand and do not judge. Is she at insecure i her own relationship if she thinks her husband is going to bugger off with asingle woman. Keep strong as posting here shows there are people on this savage planet who :heart:

5 Likes

Just shocking behaviour! Iā€™m so sorry to had to deal with that.

Xxā¤ļø

5 Likes

@Misprint People can be so cruel, but I think itā€™s because of ignorance. I was told a couple of days after my partner of 40 years died, that ā€œI had a new life and to get on with itā€ (would bet my last penny that they wonā€™t be signing from that hymn sheet when itā€™s their turn. Also I was told ā€œThey would be there for me up to the funeralā€ (Wouldnā€™t that have made life easier for us all, of the pain magically end on that day?) Less than 6 weeks after he died I was told "Youā€™re young enough to meet someone else (bad enough on itā€™s own) then ā€œitā€™s what he would have wanted!ā€ (How the heck do they know that??)
I so glad I found this site, itā€™s been a God send, knowing we understand as we are all in this club we never ever wanted to join, but here for each other. Be strong, all my love xxx

8 Likes

@Misprint, I wish I could give you a big hug. Iā€™m practically in tears reading about your terribly sad experience with your friend. The insensitivity of some people is incredible, but then again, I donā€™t want to repeat what weā€™ve already discussed here, but the fact is that if they havenā€™t gone through it, they just donā€™t get it.
Sending you a virtual hug instead.
:heart:

5 Likes

Thankyou solost i needed a hug sending one back xx :people_hugging:

3 Likes

@Sulane. Crikey! Talk about being battered by text book condolences. Iā€™d rather people said nothing at all than all those crass platitudes.

6 Likes

@Misprint Iā€™m so sad youā€™ve had to deal with this.
I think weā€™ve all experienced some real surprises in what we thought were solid friends and support networks. On the other hand, for me, folk you never imagined would, parachute in and somehow know to just quietly be ā€˜thereā€™

I cant defend your friend but losing your soulmate is so very difficult for anyone to understand. I think people genuinely want to make it all better and get frustrated and scared when they canā€™t. So rather than accept they cant, they start to believe it must be the grieverā€™s fault. Weā€™ve all been taught that grrieving is a process, that there is a start and an end. But its nonsense. Time is a healer my backside. Itā€™s hard for anyone outside to understand our grief. The folk who help me most dont try, they just walk with me.

Everyone else? Well i donā€™t know. I try to lower my expectations because its just wasted energy and it hurts less (not sure I always suceed but I try).

@Misprint you are worth so much more.

As for that old chestnut about getting a replacement ā€¦(.the 'well done on 6 months singleā€¦I mean WTF?? ")ā€¦I think that says so much more about their relationships than your grieving

Sending virtual hugs to you all xxx

11 Likes

Hi Misprint
I lost my daughter and what I learnt was that there are those who I found comfort with and those with such little self awareness I used to feel very lonely after being with them. Very often people say how they think they might react in the same situation or simply find being with your emotions too much for them and some people simply lack empathy. Your feelings are completely understandable, valid and they are very precious to you and as such should be treated with respect and gently and a loss can take so much longer to even begin to come to terms with. It is true that you find out who your meaningful friends are in such a situation and maybe just reevaluate others. Paul

11 Likes

@Misprint A hug thatā€™s what I really miss, especially in a morning when you first wake up

6 Likes

@Jean8 Couldnā€™t agree more xxx

3 Likes

@Sulane Just woken up so big virtual hugs. I know itā€™s not the same but close your eyes and hug the pillow. Let your imagination do the rest. Thatā€™s what I do before full consciousness takes over. xx

3 Likes

@Sam11 I cannot imagine what you have gone threw and I am so sorry. I think what you said about people is spot on, I for one am so grateful that I have found this site, where we know we are here for each other xxx

2 Likes