Valentines

Sheila. She was the most kindest gentle soul. Thank you for your lovely words.

1 Like

Thank you Cheryl. X

Lovely photo Mary

1 Like

Not as glamorous as all you white brides but it was only 10 years ago and second time round for us both so we kept it low key but we were so lucky to have found each other :heart_eyes: even if it was only for a short time :cry:

6 Likes

!*[quote=“Lonely, post:63, topic:25234, full:true”]
Absolutely beautiful, such a lovely looking couple, I love your outfit and your hubbies matching tie.
Gosh it breaks your heart doesn’t it what we are all now going through. It just isn’t fair.
Sheila.xx

1 Like

1991 log flume at alton towers

2 Likes

Thank you Sheila, yes it does break your heart that we are all on our own now and missing our other half so terribly :cry:
Hope you don’t have any storm damage, The noise of the wind woke me at 5am but I got back to sleep. It is still quite bad here the water is pretty wild so it is a day to stay in and keep cosy
V xx

As CE[quote=“Lonely, post:67, topic:25234, full:true”]
Dear Jianye,
Beautiful picture, so happy and in love. It is fantastic seeing all these lovely photos of our loved ones when we were so very happy.

I have been up since 12 am the storm

V you are beautiful and your Colin is so good looking It makes our hearts ache doesn’t it? I wish that you two had been as lucky as myself and Stan x x x

Sheila, I am sorry that you have had such a bad time, I am going to ask a friend to come and check our roof for me, you must be worn out. Love Mary x x

Thank you Mary, yes if only I could have had him for longer. Life is so unfair :cry:

There is nothing fair in this life of ours V.:grimacing:

1 Like

Thank you, Sheila, I am not surprised that you were in tears this morning. I am really sorry that you have suffered so much damage.:sob:
Love
Mary x x

Sheila,

I do sympathise. Last sunday I sat and watched helplessly as one huge gust of wind sent all 15 of my roof ridge tiles crashing to my patio. I was in tears all day. The tiles broke 4 others on my roof and broke part of the gutter
I started ringing roofers and struck lucky on the fourth company. They came and assessed the damage the next day, quoted me 650 pounds and did the work friday. I ve now been awake with worry since yesterday over what damage the current storm will do.
Like you, other structures are untouched. My pots and fences are all fine whilst my roof was sitting on the floor. There are 300 year old cottages surrounding me with missing tiles that have caused no damage at all.
We have no choice but to get on and do the work. I chose not to use my insurer because I just wanted the work completed without delay. I wish you luck with yours.
Cheryl x

That’s not good Sheila and at the moment it is stressful and upsetting for you but it may be not as bad as you think. Wait till it has been assessed and see what the findings are. I know you feel on your own without Peter to sort it out for you and I know how you feel. Unfortunately we are all having to become more independent now and deal with situations our husbands would normally have dealt with :cry: Hopefully your son’s can step up for a change and help you out. I think you moving is a knee jerk reaction to the damage as you love your home and have so many happy memories of living there. Don’t do anything rash, remember it will soon be better weather and you will be in your lovely garden again.
V xx

Dear Sheila. Thank you for responding. I’ve continued to have a good week end.Got another car yesterday as I sold the family car(a bit sad) but I hardly drive now only for shopping ect.So I’ve gone for a silver Toyota Yaris.Its so sweet and ticks all the boxes. I know my David whould approve.Then I went to my neighbour’s 60th last night 70s theme. Pouring with rain today.And dispite all the great things going on.I just burst into tears again thinking of David.Take care .Jeanette.x

Sheila, it was storm damage so don’t worry unnecessarily…easier said than done x there is a difference x

No matter what worries you have Sheila you always make me laugh :high_heel::high_heel:
I am sure everything will be ok in the end. I just wish your boys would come and see if they could assist in any way. They could have moved the fascias out the way at least and cleared up any debris unfortunately you won’t change them now :roll_eyes:
Hope you get on ok at the Hospital tomorrow, let us know how it goes I will keep my fingers crossed for you that it’s nothing serious.
Love
V xx

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: yes Sheila that is one lump in your tummy you don’t want!

I know I’m late but it’s been a hard couple of days. Clive always made such a fuss on Valentine’s Day, I always had 2 or 3 cards (because he could never make up his mind), flowers, chocolates and he always cooked a lovely meal for us. This photo was taken on our last Valentine’s day together, before we knew he was I’ll. He’d cooked spaghetti and meatballs so this was our Lady & the Tramp photo. Good Lord! Look at my red hair - thankfully that’s gone now!

I kept every card he ever gave me so every Valentine’s, birthday, anniversary and Christmas I buy him a card and gake out one of the ones he sent me so I can put them on the mantelpiece together,

3 Likes