Wedding ring

Hi .it was our wedding anniversary the other week .and one of the hardest things I have had to go through . I was a total mess all day . In fact for the week leading up to it. There was plenty of tears and plenty of happy memories. Hope you get through the day best you can .xtake carex

3 Likes

It was our wedding anniversary was just month after my husband died. I just tried to embrace the day, and celebrate the wonderful life and marriage I had with him.
I still sent him a card which I’ve done this year too and either plant something in the garden or put up solar lights as my present to him.
I hope tomorrow will be a day of remembering the happy years you spent together. Wishing you happy wedding anniversary, we are very much still married to them.
Debbie X

3 Likes

That’s so nice Glenn that you have them together with your wedding certificate, and I am sure your wife would want it that way, will be thinking of you. Take Care Mickere.

3 Likes

Hi
It was our wedding anniversary 13 days after my wife’s passed away I was a mess those days. It was the funeral yesterday and they returned her wedding ring to me which. I shall keep on a chain about my neck.

6 Likes

Hi so sorry for your loss . I know the day after the funeral is very hard . Cry shout whatever helps you . Post on this site . There is always someone who will reply and I find that helps a little . Knowing that the way you are feeling now is normal and there is support here ,from people who know what you are going through . Xtake carex

3 Likes

Hello Glenn54
Sorry for your loss
I think it’s really up to you.
I haven’t taken mine off and it’s 22 months. I don’t think I ever will.
Do what your heart tells you.

5 Likes

My husband pass away nine months Ago I will never take mine of. He was 63 and I’m 62. Been together 47 years first boyfriend and I married him. I don’t think there is a time to take it off.

4 Likes

I lost my wedding ring many years ago because I had lost so much weight after an operation it just slipped off without me noticing. A few years ago when my mother in law died we discussed having hers resized for me but never got around to it. Since my husband died I wear his around my neck every day and sometimes on my thumb. I don’t think of my marriage having ended but then my husband only passed away 8 months ago. I think it’s a difficult subject because some naturally want a totally new life after the loss of a loved one and some of us want to stay connected to our partners.

4 Likes

My ring will never come of .I lost my husband in october.love my rings like I did my husband.i miss him so much xxx

4 Likes

Hi, Glenn, I lost my husband 8 years ago and would never even think of taking my wedding ring off. I still feel married as we were married 39 years when he passed. It’s a personal feeling for you. Think it also depends how old you are and whether you intend to have relationships in the future. Take care and be kind to yourself.

2 Likes

I’m 54 , I can’t see myself being with another as Mandy was my everything, she wants me to love again , she told me but I just can’t see anyone being beside me like she was .
I was her everything and she mine

5 Likes

I know what you mean, my Steve was only 59 and me 57. We had been together since high school. We only had 3 days from diagnosis until he passed, never had time to come to terms with things. I think one of the hardest things is coming home to an empty house and not being able to share your day. I had some of his ashes made into a ring, so not only do I wear my wedding ring, I also wear his wedding ring and a signet ring with his ashes in. I hope you make the right decision for you, no one else can do it for you. Take care.

5 Likes

Hi Glen
i lost my husband nearly 8 months ago now after being together for 56years married for 54
i wont take my ring off as i was married to him when died i class myself as still married to him now but he is a husband with wings now
a wedding ring is personal and it is up to you if you want to take it off or keep wearing it everyone is different

always do what you feel is right for you its early days yet so you will have mixed emotions

take care
pat

6 Likes

Thank you Pat , my emotions are all over the place and decision making not good .

I cry every day and panic out of my comfort zone . What I am realising is this is going to take a lot of time , it’s a grief like NO other and I hate it when folk ask how I am .

The only time I take my ring off is to shower. It keeps me close to her and shows my determination to stay “ married” in my head .

It’s such an incredible symbol having a wedding ring on , I also still and will for a long time feel married.

6 Likes

Hi Glenn
your still new to the grief yet even though you will never get over it you will get used to it
i always will class myself as married and still go by mrs when you’ve had a good marriage the last thing you want is someone else your wedding ring is a part of you both
i dont think it would be fair to another person anyway as youd always be comparing them against your wife or me my husband
its a lonely life but you get used to it i dont think people know what else to say
the worst thing i ever found hard was when people say i do think your brave because it must be so hard i used to just burst into tears
im sure your wife is looking over you and helping you along

take care
pat

4 Likes

Hi
I lost my husband 9 months ago and i still wear his wedding ring and i always will he still part of me and he never be forgotten
It my way of coping
But it everybody personal choice

4 Likes

My husband has been gone 4 years I will never ever take off my wedding ring ,it will always belong on my finger

6 Likes

Seven months on from losing my husband.
I don’t foresee a time I will take off my wedding ring.
Only you will know what is right for you.

5 Likes

Thank you all again for the replies , the message I seem to be getting is the vast majority of you won’t take it off.

So all of you who say that does that mean you won’t ever have another relationship? Or will but will never take off the ring?
I’m presuming you won’t ?

4 Likes

Couldn’t imagine having another relationship, so will never take it off.

3 Likes