Wedding ring

I still wear my ring even though I had a 2nd relationship which lasted 14 years until h Chris died last November. I was married for 36 yrs my wedding ring is part of who I am and wearing it was never an issue between Chris and I. Do what feels right for you not what people think you should do

5 Likes

Hi Glenn, yes, not ever taking off my wedding ring does mean I’m not look for or ever want another relationship. No one can ever compare to Doug, not in my eyes.
I have several friend that are slightly older than me and are widowed. With the exception of one, none of them have ever wanted to have another relationship and they all wear their wedding rings.

3 Likes

Hi Glenn,
No one can predict the future,
What you feel just now will change as it should do – because it has to.
In time you may find companionship maybe not. Plenty others do find someone else - I posted recently I knew someone who has just married for the third time - lost two husband’s thru illness and for her , ready to continue her journey. (In her 60’s)
Age can be a factor and not to be sexist but men often move on earlier.

Personally, I don’t see myself with anyone else.
Don’t rush into anything - sorry if I’m sounding like a grandma :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
G. X

8 Likes

I wouldn’t have another relationship my rings will stay and come with me when I meet my husband Derek again :heart::heart::heart: take care all x

3 Likes

will never take it off would never think of having another relationship
no one could ever take my husbands place

but everyone is different and you have to make your own choices no one else can make them for you

pat

5 Likes

I will never remove my ring, but I’ve painted it black (properly). To me, to others, I’m still married even though she’s gone, and off the market - permanently. I then tried for a while with an ultra thin unpainted line, but reverted to black as I will mourn my girl for my whole life.

3 Likes

I totally get that. Once Sharon had reached the stage of no longer able to eat or drink, she told me I could have another partner. It was the first time I’d laughed in 3 years - no one could ever match my girl, and I told her I’d sooner take up gaydom.

4 Likes

Hi I havnt wore my wedding ring for years as it didn’t fit me anymore . But I was and am still married , I don’t want another man in my life just my hubby . But two years ago I would never have thought I would be without him . So I don’t know what the future holds for me . But at the moment I have no future and don’t want a future without hubby . I think everyone is different and we all have different circumstances. So I think we just do what is right for us at the time . Xtake carex

4 Likes

I was just saying to a friend today that I’m not at all interested in anyone else. Mark told me and said in a letter he left me to get on with my life and that included someone else. I told him i couldn’t bear to think about that. I know it’s still quite early days for me (9 months) and you never know what can happen but I just can’t imagine it.
Xx

8 Likes

I agree with you my husband died 10 months ago. I don’t ever think I will take my rings off. I so difficult to get on with your life now. I feel like I’m standing still Tracie

4 Likes

My husband died four months ago but I know I will never want another relationship and my wedding ring will be staying put where it belongs on my finger. But each to their own x

4 Likes

Again thank you all for your views and replies .

I agree it’s totally up to the individual, the vast majority of replies are interestingly all against having another relationship and never removing their ring .

A very emotive subject

4 Likes

My wife died in hospital 6 weeks ago, I was by her side and the nurse removed her wedding ring which I put on my little finger. Always with me.

4 Likes

I always wear my wedding ring as in my mind I am still married even though it is over two years since Colin died. I can’t see myself ever wanting to be with anyone else but you never know what’s round the corner. At the moment I am still grieving. This is a decision which is entirely personal and down to you and how YOU feel.

7 Likes

I lost my husband 4 months ago today. It was very sudden. I had some jewellery made from his ashes and still wear my engagement and wedding rings. It was our anniversary three months after he passed. I got a love lock engraved and put it on a local landmark. I feel it’s a very personal decision and you will know when it feels right. Look after yourself

3 Likes

Unlike most who have already commented, (and I must emphasise that I absolutely still love my wife who died just last May 29th) I want a chance for another love and hope that it’s not going to be too late for me at my age. That’s why the question of the wedding ring is troubling me. I don’t want to take it off yet, but I feel that I must at some point if I am to find another.

3 Likes

Hi all. In case you were wondering my ring will stay on , I wasn’t ever going to take it off, what I won’t discount in my future I may meet someone or I may not . That’s my decision if it happens.
I’m only 54 and I’m 100% certain my wife didn’t want me to be alone because she has passed , she didn’t want me to grieve forever which I won’t ( as strong) however I will love her forever of that I know and she knew .

I 100% get why a lot of you won’t ever love again , my Mandy was unique to me , she got me , I got her .

Appreciate I may never have another like her

5 Likes

The decision is a very personal one and you need to do what’s best for you. I am sorry for your very recent loss and the only advice from my own experience, don’t make decisions until you have grieved. Personally at 66, I believe I was married to the best, for many years, so my ring stays on. I won’t be looking for another, memories are enough.

4 Likes

So very true. You cannot replace the best and all we can do is remember them And love them till we meet them again on the other side. My heart will alway be my Hubbie mark. Rings stay on. Proud to be married to him. Together 47 years. X

4 Likes

Don’t worry it’s not a decision I will make for a long time .Early stages in this I panic , I’m fully aware the emotions I’m going through and decisions this early will be wrong ones .

It was more to get folks views than to help me make a decision.

I won’t ever re marry , period but I simply won’t discount in time “meeting” someone

7 Likes