What am I going to do?

My beautiful wife lost her 17 year battle with cancer on Friday 10th March 2023. Although it is early days she was unwell for most of last year and it feels like I have had a long and drawn out grieving process already. I miss the life we had, the friendship, the intimacy and just having her in my life. I don’t know how I am going to carry on without her.

9 Likes

Aw … so sorry for your loss :frowning: xx

2 Likes

So sorry Davidroy. Being here with many other people suffering the same grief tangled with relief their beloved partner can’t suffer any more is torture. I lost my so much loved husband of 59 years on Saturday the 5th of March 2023 to heart failure and dementia. I had been his sole carer for 5years and had watched him gradually disappear for a good many years before that. He knew me and our children right to the end. The funeral isn’t till the 28th. It’s raw isn’t it?

3 Likes

So sorry, my it is terrible watching them change in front of you. My wife’s funeral is on the 30th March

4 Likes

Its tough ! Im not gonna lie ! Im missing my husband so much today ! Having a good old cry ! Its so lonely without him ;(

2 Likes

Hi Davidroy, so sorry for your loss. I have just lost my partner of 25 years to cancer. She had battled it since 2008 and was the bravest person I know. I’m like yourself pretty devastated at the moment and cannot see any future at the moment.

3 Likes

I am so sorry to hear this. Sounds like a similar timescale to mine. You watch them battle so hard for so long that it is difficult to come to terms with the fact that the cancer has finally beaten them.

4 Likes

Yes my Julie was cremated last Monday. The house is so quiet and empty now. I’ve had a lot of support so far but I think this will diminish as time goes on. Luckily I have a dog that needs walking etc otherwise I would be totally on my own.

4 Likes

Yes dogs do help dont they ! I had to get a puppy ! I had to put my old dog , ben to sleep two days before my husbands funeral l !!! In January !! Xx

2 Likes

I’ve got my darling husband’s beloved Jack Russel - 14, The cat he brought home as a kitten - 12, and the pony he helped look after and care for - 27. I can’t bare the thought of losing any of them as well, but at least he never got to see any of them go.

Pets are so loved they become one of the family then when we lose them we have to go through it all again

3 Likes

Sorry to hear this Deb5. That must have been awful for you. X

1 Like

It was … :frowning: xxx

sorry, not the most caring and sympathetic answer I’m wrapped up in what it brought into my head. It must have been beyond grief for you losing both.

@Davidroy
I’m so sorry for the loss of your lovely, brave wife. It must be so dreadful to watch the person you love deteriorate and become so frail.
In a way I believe that my husband would have preferred the sudden end he had to his life, even if we would rather it had been at least 20 years later.
As our wise vicar said though, no amount of time together would ever have been enough and I think that is the case when you have found the love of your life.
I hope you will find support on here. There are so many lovely people willing to share their time and their stories to help each others.
Sending love
Karen xxx

3 Likes

It was awful ! Best thing i did was go get my puppy ! She stios me feeling so bad … don’t get me wrong ! Still miss my husband so much but its helped me from feeling so alone in the house xxx

1 Like

Thank you Karen, it has been dreadful to watch my beautiful Deb’s decline in such a way. Xx

3 Likes

I understand how list you feel I lost my husband on February 25th after a long bought with Alzheimer’s, COPD and cancer. We both have been going through this grief for quite a while but losing the doesn’t make it any easier. We definitely need to give ourselves time to go through this grieving process. At least they know longer have to fight. They both can now be at peace
Debbie

2 Likes

Sending you deepest condolences and my very best wishes

3 Likes

Thank you so much

1 Like