What does everyone do on Sundays

The yoga classes are good, the instructors are nice and makes it fun. I’ve got several holidays booked too but have to go on my own. I’ve booked a painting class in a couple of weeks time. I try my best to get out of the house as much as I can as when I’m alone I just get more depressed xx

2 Likes

Yeh i think the sunshine makes you feel worse … you made me laugh “ugggh” i mean you still feel lost when the sun is shining dont you ? Xx

2 Likes

What is U3A ?

@Victoria22 I am looking at and going to book a few coach day trips by myself too. Shearings and Johnsons are good for solo’s. I have booked to go with Shearings to the Lake District for Xmas (can’t bear to spend another one alone like the one just gone) they pick up and drop off to your front door, I was going alone but a neighbour is now coming with me. It’s all unknown territory but a little exciting too :slightly_smiling_face: x

1 Like

Yeh i agree - do much as you can but im.poorly atm so having to rest :frowning: on antibiotics … long story x

1 Like

Oh nice xmas idea x

@Deb5 It’s an organisation that have meet up’s,trips, classes, night’s out etc, looks good @tykey just told me about it and googled it and they have one 15 minutes from me :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Deb5 5 days from 23 to 27 Dec and you have days out all over the Lakes, the hotel has 2 afternoon teas, Christmas dinner and entertainment. It was 650 which I thought for Xmas and The Lake District was really good value, lovely 4star hotel by a stream too and already 20 people booked on it. I just couldn’t face another Xmas like last one

2 Likes

U3A - It’s a club. University of the 3rd Age. My mum used to belong to a local group. They have meetings with talks, there’s various activity clubs you can join and they have outings and holidays.

2 Likes

Sounds good. The Lake District is pretty. xx

2 Likes

No i dont blame you tbh and its a good idea. Beautiful in lake district too … well done for looking ahead too … i dunno what im gonna do tbh … but i know last xmas was bloody awful x

1 Like

Yes, the U3A is the University of the Third Age, and is almost entirely composed of people who are alone, particularly the bereaved. Individual groups decide what activities they want and just get on with. There’s no teaching, like a real University, just learning from each other. Lots of friendships are created. You can even start your own group, if it doesn’t exist.
I once thought of starting a sourdough breadmaking group🤗

LynT, please let us know how you get on with it!

1 Like

I think I just want to spend Christmas in bed hiding under the duvet if I don’t get invited to my brother’s. xx

1 Like

Hope you feel better soon xx

1 Like

Thanks honey. xx

1 Like

Wow, this just sums up how im sure we’re all feeling. Thanks xxxxx

Isn’t life strange? Here we are talking about doing new things, but when we open our minds about it, new opportunities keep appearing.
It’s a lovely day, and I’ve just been out for a leisurely walk with my dogs, Rosie and Crumpet. About 1/4 mile down the footpath behind my house there is a tropical animal place, more like a small zoo. They have a nice cafe, which for some reason I’ve never been in, but I was desperate for a flat white. So I diverted to it, which took a while because almost everybody wanted to pat the dogs and talk for a bit.
Over my coffee, I thought why don’t I ever go there, just to sit, take photos, and (if wet) sit in the big glasshouse full of huge butterflies, exotic birds, and strange insects. So I decided I should, and immediately went and bought an annual pass. It will be a great place to just sit and think, when I feel a bit melancholy.
Whilst I was there, I bumped into a man who was in charge of insects, and told him I wanted to photograph the insects who visit my garden. He advised me to plant insect-loving flowers, but mainly a light box to attract the moths at night.
What a great idea!!! So that’s my next challenge to become the best moth expert in our road. Now googling light- boxes​:grin::grin:

3 Likes

I’m loving the positive comments today!
My day started early, sunny and warm here so took the dog out, lots of people said Hello etc. Came home, tried some gardening, tried to clean the living room, tried to read, tried another walk - nothing. I simply couldn’t finish anything today. Nothing interested me and I cannot think of anything I’d like to do. I’ve eaten a whole packet of chocolate biscuits. I really need to get a grip.

2 Likes

I’ve eaten a mars ice cream bar a magnum 3 and packets savoury snacks I would’ve eaten a whole packet of is it’s if I’d got any in
You are not alone in the ‘comfort’ or should that be grief eating?

3 Likes

U3A is University of the 3rd Age. Basically it is an organisation which runs adult education classes and activities. Each area has one but they offer different classes depending on local availability. Most offer things such as yoga and pilates, photography, art classes, language classes, choir. That sort of thing. There is a low cost annual membership. If you Google it and put in your postcode it will give you the contact details of your local branch.

2 Likes