What's the point? (Had enough)

Hi Kel,
Sounds like a good plan so well done. Totally agree off load any items to different people. Things you no longer need.
Just box everything up and deliver them and insist they have them . that is what I am doing with certain things my mum wanted different people to have. I know some people will not want them but tough luck they are having them. Mum always wanted my sister to have a complete dinner set that she had in her dresser. My sister told me before mum passed she didnt want it but i told her she is having it as mum wanted her to have it and i promised her she would have it. So when the time comes I am taking it to her as she lives approx 5 hrs drive away. Mum collected all sorts of bone china sets and has loads so I am making sure my sister has the one for her.
What sort of remote work are you looking for?
Is there a lot of that kind of work around where you live ?
People seem to be working from home a lot these days so I hope you find something.
Can you start up a small business of some kind?
Deborah x

1 Like

Just read this and it is so lovely

5 Likes

Just take it a day at a time xx

1 Like

Well that’s made me cry :cry: im so emotional at moment … always crying x

1 Like

@sue11 I’m so sorry you are so down. It was extremely brave and thoughtful to go to your aunt’s funeral but it’s only 6 months since you lost your loved one. All the memories will be so raw still.
I lost my wife around the same time - 28th October - and there is no way I could have faced going back to the same place where we had the service.
Sometimes we take steps but find we aren’t quite ready and the tsunami hits us again. But you did the right thing. When it hits there’s few words just love and support xxxxxxxxx

4 Likes

Sorry to hear things didnt go as planned for your aunties service.
As difficult as it is, know she is at peace x

I am definitely taking what I have sorted back.(6-7 hour round trip) anything I come across after that I will post.
Only things im keeping with me are what hubby wanted to go to his/our grandson - i’ll hold onto them until he is old enough to understand, or I pass before then… I plan to write him a letter all about his grandad.

Remote work … anything admin based.
I spent the last 13 years in healthcare locums (a healthcare system that failed hubby and myself … no surprise really!)

Im genuinely happy to try anything and happy to learn something new.
Remote is ideal as means it doesnt matter where I live, so current living arrangements (lack of) remote is ideal.
Also would mean I can volunteer at the sanctuary (if that all falls into place)

Before I knew about being evicted Ithought I should try get back into work.
I want a new approach (something different to peak my interest again … applied for a training position on the ‘docks’… (wasn’t shortlisted) - sometimes its difficult to venture out when companies only view the last job.

I like creating things… I designed my dads order of service. I did the same for hubby’s and printed his myself (the funeral directors were impressed, as were those who attended when they found out)
I’ve made a couple ‘adoption’ certificates for friends for their pets. (They liked the one i made for our boys)
I often create and send cards from the boys :slightly_smiling_face:
The last couple of years i’ve been creating letter’s from Santa to my colleagues kids … creates stamps for the envelopes and post them through there doors…
I’m not great at it (don’t think i’m at business level?), but certainly enjoy it…
Might be something i can work on for the sanctuary.
Random, but I would like to try get into painting stones (not very good at painting, but will give it a go) x

2 Likes

Hopefully things are bit better now x

1 Like

Poem is lovely x

Thank you @deb5.

Having so much thrown at me at once … can’t get any worse can it?

As long as I have the boys with me. Thats my goal x

3 Likes

Hi Kel
That sounds great. You could even sell at local craft fayres maybe.
Worth finding out if there are any and go along to see what they are like
Am thinking of you
Deborah x

1 Like

Similar thing here, it was 7 months on tuesday my Bri passed away, it was 1 of his best friends funeral yesterday. I really didnt want to go but i pushed myself, i wanted to go for Bri. It was the same chapel, even the same celebrant and all our old colleagues were there. The celebrant talked about a funny escapade my Bri and Jon got up to, then mdntioned Bri’s passing. God it was so tough, just wanted to run out. The celebrant come and found me at the end, gave me a hug and said i was so brave for coming.
I understand how you feel, sending love to you x

4 Likes

Sorry @sue11 ive just seen your other post, im so sorry thins didnt o as planned, thats even more heart breaking. I hope your well supported.
@Kel2 im so sorry to hear all what your going thru, i really hope you et some help and good news soon
Lots of love to everyone on here xx

2 Likes

@Kel2
Just catching up with all that has happened to you and sending love. No practical help I know but still wanted you to know I’m thinking of you and your boys. xxx

@Skip The celebrant was right you were brave and Bri would have wanted you to go. But so difficult. Hugs snd support xxxxx

2 Likes

@Skip
You did AMAZINGLY to go. Very brave and would certainly have made Bri proud.
xxx

3 Likes

@Skip that sounds an incredibly difficult and brave thing to have done. Its amazing how somehow we find the strength to do the things that we do. I am sure Bri was there and would have been so proud. xxx

4 Likes

@Kel2 Sounds as if there is so much going on for you right now, I am sorry it is all so difficult. Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and keeping everything crossed that you are more settled soon. xxx

1 Like

Thank you Sandi,
I feel a little better today and am just chilling as have been emotionally up the creek the past few days.
It’s such early days as my mum passed Dec 30th last year.
How are you doing?
Keep in touch
Deborah x

1 Like

@seychelles Its so odd how it just hits you, it feels one step forward and you hope you are moving forward and then a sledgehammer literally swipes you off your feet. Glad today is a little better for you, still really early days for you as for me, l lost my husband in January, but have shafts of light some days. Much love xxxx

4 Likes