What's the point? (Had enough)

Hi @Andy1961. What a lovely photo of your wife. She looks so cheerful. I’m so very sorry for your losses. I’m from your neck of the woods. I’m so glad you’re on this site. I hope that you are finding it helpful. Jean.

1 Like

I think im finding it hard cos my husband was my best friend ! We did everything together and now hes gone ! I have just lost patience with my children ! They been so selfish snd horrible since the funeral ! Im just fed up with it :frowning: what is wrong with them ? They been no support to me - they’re just awful :frowning:

1 Like

Yeh she looks a really kind lady :slight_smile: aw xx

Thank you for your kind words i was also with my husband when he died i just do not want to be pushed in to doing something i am not ready to do its only been 5 months since i lost my husband xxx

Hi @sue11. I saw my mum and my dad many years ago. I did not go and see my husband as I was with him when he died. As for seeing your auntie, do what you WANT to do and not what you feel you SHOULD do. We must look after ourselves and our own state of mind in these difficult times. I’m so sorry for your loss. Jean.

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words i know it sounds silly but in my eyes it would not seem right as i feel my husband would be looking down at me thinking why did you not come and see me xx

@sue11 doesn’t sound silly at all. I’m always aware of what David would think or say xx.

1 Like

Hi all, sorry i have been away from here.

It was our anniversary last month - that was difficult.

My job ended the end of last month (only 1 months salary) …

Same day my landlady has given me 2 months notice.
I have nowhere to go. I will have to re-home my boys :disappointed_relieved:… finding somewhere for me is proving difficult (no job at present), let alone with pets (especially mine as they’re not your normal pets)

Today, i found out one of our fellow friends on here passed away.

2 Likes

Hi @Kel2 I’m so sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult time. It’s not what you need on top of everything else you have had to go through. Is there anyone that you can go and stay with? Maybe you could temporary rehome your boys while looking for something suitable? I realise it’s not easy but maybe a
bird sanctuary might be able to offer them a home for a while? I’m also sorry to hear that one of the people that posts on here has died. Are you able to say who it is or is it something you don’t wish to divulge?x

1 Like

Hi @Loobyloo2.

My brother is doing ‘renovations’ at my mums (not got very far) … he said he would try get some basic bits done to at least make a small safe space for my pets & a space i can set up a single blow up bed … but that wont be for at least 6 months.

My mother in law has point blank refused to help yet she is in a 3 bed house with garden on her own and says shes loney.
Only suggested max 6 months. She said no she likes her own space and it wouldnt work.
So she would rather i lose the boys (the boys her son didnt want me to ve without) and i be homeless than offer temporary accomodation for 6 months.

There is a duck sanctuary in Norfolk, i am going to arrange to go up there next week to see if they can help… (briefly spoke with them the weekend) … hoping i maybe able to get a caravan that may fit there do I could possibly stay with the boys (also gives me somewhere)

Oh fellow friend on here, her family are going to call me again with details for her service, i will ask if they’re ok for me to share her name x

1 Like

I do hope you can get something sorted soon. As I said, you can do without this.x

2 Likes

Hi Kel2,
So lovely to see you are back posting even though under difficult circumstances. Can you ask any friends to help you out for a while? Have you tried the local council for help. Worth a try. You have been through so much and it all is so unfair.
Keep posting. Am thinking of you
Deborah x

2 Likes

Thank you Deborah,

I am trying to keep going.
Ive registered with the council (dont hold much luck)
Most of my friends have full houses with their families.
At the moment its looking like the sanctuary is my best hope… its further than I would like, but if I can stay there with the boys great - at least i have them.

Looking for work is awkward … knowing where to look area wise.
I’ll hopefully have a better idea once ive been to the sanctuary xx

1 Like

Hi Kel2

I know it is hard but would it be worth asking at the sanctuary if there are any jobs. I am not sure exactly what the place is sorry.
I wish I could help you.
Deborah x

1 Like

Hi Deborah,

The sanctuary is non-profit and only donation funded. I will volunteer while there in between looking for work… i have been looking at remote working (not much about that I can do) so that way it doesnt matter when i do move … other than that, i’ll start looking near them.
I will need to try sign on for now - signed off by GP… my stress/anxiety levels are through the roof and sleep pattern has returned to 30minutes if im lucky x

1 Like

Hiya Kel2

Yes that’s a good idea to look for remote working . My heart goes out to you. It really does.
You need to get yourself stronger for the moment otherwise you will not physically or emotionally be able to work. Rest and rest and rest for the time being and see how you feel. Sleep whenever you can.
I am the same. Can’t sleep at all. My mum would have been 90 today so it’s a gut wrenching day. Feel so sad.
Will check on you later
Deborah x

1 Like

Thought i was coping with lossing my husband 6 months ago lost my Auntie on the 20th of march i thought i could cope with the funeral so went to it . It was held at the same place as my husband funeral and it was the same guy that done my husband service now i feel so down and miss my husband so much

3 Likes

Thank you Deborah,

I am trying to keep strong … sleep is not a thing at the moment, my mind is runninf through everything i need to get done with no time to do it.

(I dont know why im surprised) … but i can’t even get help with someone looking after my garden plants. (All in pots … most are ‘patio’ fruit trees/bushes all in pots - but only need watering, thats all i do) … looks like i may have to lose them too :pensive:

Ive sorted some bits for hubby’s daughter,
Also sorted ‘family stuff’ from his mums side - will take them up to them Monday. (His mum will moan she has nowhere (in a 3 bed house) to put it - not my problem (she requested 1 thing back that would probably be worth something), shes having what she requestes plus the other bits - its her stuff and she can pass it on to the only family member she has talking to her)

I’ll probably have more stuff to give back… but that will do for now (im not paying to store something thats not mine)

I need to limit as much as possible.

All my hopes are pinned on the sanctuary right now… hoping they can take the 4 of us in.

Remote work is the absolute ideal - just hope I can get it.

I do find myself wondering what the hell did i do in a previous life to suffer so much in this one?
I certainly dont want to come back again thats for sure! x

4 Likes

Hi @sue11,

Sorry i hadnt responded in a while, was hoping to be able to give you more support…

Did you have support at your aunts service?
You were very strong to have attended, especially with it being at the same place as your husbands and so close to losing him.
You were very brave and strong, remember that. I’m sure he will be proud of you x

1 Like

Yes i did have support the thing is things did not go how they should have done they forgot to bring the photo of my Auntie in the hearse which should have been at the front near her coffin we were meant to go in first and then my cousin was meant to follow the coffin in that did not happen we were still outside when she turned up

1 Like