Where are we from

I don’t know if this is allowed so please remove if it isn’t.

We read lots of posts on here about people being lonely and friends/family not understanding.

I was wondering if it would help people if they could connect to someone local through this community and possibly meet up forge new friendships with people who understand the grief we are feeling.
Whilst my wife was living with cancer she joined groups and some of these groups gave introduced us to other in the same boat with the same feelings and traumas that lived within a 10 minute drive from our home. People we would probably never have spoken to. Yet they became great friends after meeting face to face. They became an extra strength for us as we did for them. At first we met for coffee and a chat at a local supermarket.

Is there any group on here where we can pin our postcode so that if people want to make connections they can do securely.

I wouldn’t mind having the first part of my postcode visible as part of my picture.

4 Likes

That’s a fantastic idea :blush:. I feel very alone after losing my husband 6 mths ago, no family or friends, and a rural North Scotland location. It would be great to know there were similar people within a certain radius. Thanks :heart:

5 Likes

well i live in upminster

3 Likes

I’m from Tameside

2 Likes

I’m in Stafford

4 Likes

I’m in Middlesbrough

3 Likes

In October, 3 weeks after my husband passed away I joined this group. Within a couple of days I replied to a post from another lovely lady who had also recently lost her husband too.
To cut a long story short we discovered we live about a 15 minute walk from each other, our husband’s had the same illness and both died in the same local Hospice. We arranged to meet up for a coffee and we are now good friends, we meet up every week and message each other every morning and evening to check we are both ok.

11 Likes

Great idea. It’s also worth considering online chats via zoom if people are interested or unable to find people near their location.

I’m also in Tameside.

4 Likes

Im in saltburn xx

3 Likes

It really would be good to meet people who truly understand face-to-face, especially on seriously bad days like today!I lost my wife to Covid right at the start of the pandemic and it does not get any easier… I’m in Hastings.

5 Likes

I’m in East Kent!

3 Likes

I’m in South Tyneside

3 Likes

I’m just outside Northallerton North Yorkshire
( north of )
Xx

3 Likes

I’m in North London, towards the eastern end of the Piccadilly Line.

3 Likes

I’m in Sutton Coldfield

4 Likes

I’m in swinton near Rotherham

4 Likes

Hi everybody,
I hope this group works for people and helps. All I would ask for your own safety is that if anybody does arrange to meet up please post it on here saying who’s meeting who.
It may be me just being a bit paranoid but better being safe than sorry.
Also it would be nice to hear that people have met up and been able to help one another.

3 Likes

That is a very sensible suggestion Kingo… it’d also just be nice to know if people have managed to get together and help one another as you say.

4 Likes

Excellent idea. And it would be heartwarming to know people could connect face to face. I am currently chatting with someone on here, who is based in London, and would love to meet up with someone in the area. As i am in aberdeenshire, unfortunately i can only message. I really hope this works for someone :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

I’m in Hertfordshire.

1 Like