Where are you all from?

Hi Robina, im near sedgefield, i lost my hubby in december so its still quite raw, he too was 59 same age as myself x.

Hi, i’m from yarmouth. lost my partner of 30 years in december

Hello cassbear thank’s for replying. I’m East Cowes. My husband and I had been married for thirty years also. He passed away in November So we are on a very similar journey.

would like to know if anybody near sedgefield please, i lost my hubby in December ,sorry to read about every ones losses too,

Hi I’m from oxford lost my dad to bowel cancer and heart failure in December

Hello milliemoo
I live near Crook County Durham,not too far from Sedgefield hugs back to you x

Hi.
I live in Kilmarnock. I was born in Walton-on-Thames in 1954 and my parents moved to Irvine in Ayrshire in 1957. My mother was very controlling and used emotional blackmail on myself and older brother and sister. We eventually lived in Fenwick which is near Kilmarnock. I met my darling Anne in 1988 by pure chance, she was 8 1/2 years younger than me and was reeling from a nasty split up, she also had been taken advantage by a Catholic Priest. We just got on so well, she would talk and I would listen, something that no one ever did for her before. She had two lovely children from her first marriage. We eventually became one in 1989 and we had our lovely Emma in January 1990. We married in September 1990. Life had its ups and downs with so much abuse from my mother and other things, we got there though and had a really good life together. I had a double CABG in 2016 and Anne suffered a bad haemorrhage in November of that year, she nearly died at that time. She was well in 2017 and we had a good year, 2018 in January she had a hysterectomy but never got back to her usual self. later in the year she complained of tummy pains but put it down to healing. Sadly on boxing day she felt unwell. The rest of the story is elsewhere on the forum. It is nearly seven weeks since she passed. I miss her so much, the wee nags, her sitting in her favourite chair watching soaps, talking about her cleaning job clients and many other things. I miss the cuddles and all the things couples do. I love her to bits and always will.

I am so sorry,

MaryL

I live in Babbacombe. I lost my husband 27th December 2018 after 46 years together. We were joined at the hip and never went anywhere alone. I miss him so much. Nights are the worse, but I am sure you know that. Take care

Hi. I’m from Brighton. Lost my husband John on the 6th Nov, 2018. Feel so alone xx

Hi Cassie, I am very sorry to read your post.

Blessed be,

MaryL

So sorry Cassie, it’s a horrible feeling.
Hugs to you.

Thank you for the reply. These feelings we have are awful to deal with. Xxx

Hi Cassie. I am from the Isle of Wight. I lost my partner in December after 30years together. Her name was Kathryn but everybody called her Cass or Cassie. The feelings are so hard to deal with, especially the ones that seem to creep up on you. Please dont feel alone, we are all dealing with the same thing in our own independent way.

Thank you for your caring reply. That’s what my John called me too. Cas or Cassie. I had counselling yesterday and feel much worse today. I think it was because I let all my feelings out and have been keeping them hidden. Xx

Hi, I am sorry to hear you feel worse for the counselling. I that its brief and you do feel some benefit from it soon. I have been considering contacting CRUSE as i feel i am living in limbo and living a lie.I feel i am pretending to people that i am coping far better than i actually am. I do hope you get some benefit from being here.We are all in same boat but our pain is very individual.

Hi. I tried Cruse. It was a 12 week wait. That’s why I tried online video counselling with a lady from Sue Ryder. I feel sometimes people ask you how you are but can’t cope with how you are really feeling. Hope you find some counselling x

Hi. 12 week wait! That’s unbelievable. I do take your point re people asking. A lot of people at work ask, but they hope you say ok and not burden them with the truth. Will think about the counselling. Take care. Am here if you need to sound off or just chat x

Thanks. I’m here too if you need a friendly ear x

Hi.
Lost my wife to metastatic bowel cancer in February this year. She died on my birthday and what would have been our 38th wedding anniversary.
Only joined this forum a couple of days ago as I was floundering around looking for some support as I’m really struggling.
I have found it very helpful realising I’m not alone having to suffer this all consuming pain.
I’m from North Yorkshire near Northallerton
Take care everyone.