Where are you all from?

Thank you, the funeral went as well as funerals do I guess.
I managed to stay calm and not tearful which was such an effort, my son stayed to thank everyone and ensure I could leave quickly without that additional ordeal.
I too am from the vale of Glamorgan and with such lovely countryside make sure I get out and walk. Have borrowed my son’s dogs so have no choice whatever the weather!
Now the thing I am most dreading is sorting out my partners clothes for a charity shop. Think that will have me weeping constantly throughout the process.
That will be for a later date though, I cannot face it just yet. Too soon.

1 Like

Michelle, have you looking into WAY ( Widowed and Young). It was recommended to me but I’m a year to old for it so couldn’t access it. Maybe worth a google if you’ve not done so already. Cx

I have not done the clothes yet did try but found if to upsetting, a friend of mine told me about memory bears which I am going to have done when I can face it.xx

Hi haggis. I also haven’t done the clothes yet. Might Never do it I have a memory bear and cushion. X

Hi. Don’t do the clothes unless you need to. After 5 months I haven’t and might never get round to it. They comfort me them being there. X

1 Like

Hi. I am from Lancashire.

Dear Lily petal . I don’t ever want to get rid of my husband’s clothes . They will stay put as long as I am living in our house xxxxx

1 Like

Hi YorkshireLad1950
My username is Babydette. I am from Shelf Halifax

Hi…I’m from Leeds, lost my husband, best friend and soulmate 8 weeks ago…19th Dec '18.
Totally lost without him and struggling now everyone has gone back to ‘normal’…I have no ‘normal’ anymore, I was his carer for 6years my days are now so long and empty.

I am the same I lost my husband, soulmate and best friend 9 weeks ago very suddenly, we were married for 23 years so doing things now are so hard as we did everything together. I’m feeling the same struggling to get by, one minute am fine the next I am crying my eyes out. Don’t feel you alone as you are not. If you just want a chat private message me, take care. I’m from Invergordon in scotland x

1 Like

Cruse & British Red Cross have a new initiative in Leeds called More than Words for bereavement support and loneliness issues.

Hi everyone. I have just joined. Lost my partner of 30 years in December. Still miss her so much. I will have an Americano with jug of cold milk

Hello Cassbear41,
Sorry you have had to join us, really sorry for your loss. Here to support if I can
Lesley

Hello Cassbear41, Lesley says it all. Just know you are not alone. All of us on this forum understand and are here for each other. Just know that by reaching out on this site is a positive move on this chess board called life. You are not alone. Cx

I have just joined also. Lost my husband of 33 years suddenly in December and I feel so alone. Live in Lincolnshire.

Hi Leesa,
Really sorry you have had to join our group. It’s a sad place to be, but you will get lots of support from us.
Lesley x

Hi, I’m in East London, but where I am has a village feel which is nice. It’s nice to hear where people are from. I’m 18 months into the bereavement journey but still miss Peter terribly, we were married nearly 32 years but it didn’t seem that long. I think this community supports us all, I’m grateful to have found it.

Hi I’m Brocc lost my husband of 48 years July last year, very unexpected. I live South East London

Anyone out there from the Isle of Wight.

Hi Robina, where abouts in Durham are you , im near Sedgefield, i sadly lost my hubby in December , he too was 59,same age as me, im trying to cope best i can, but its still so fresh, i have a daughter & son in law & 3 grandchildren who live in Hartlepool, the rest of my family live in south yorkshire , hugs to you too x