Wishing for death

Yes. If only I could not wake up. I hate waking to yet another awful day.

3 Likes

I have grandchildren and want to see as much of their life as possible, for Ann’s sake as well as mine. I don’t welcome death, but for the first time in my life, I don’t fear it either, I suppose like most of us, I hope it will bring us back together.

5 Likes

Hi Sheila,

I so hope this is true but since losing my husband I have doubted this.X

I can relate to this thinking also.

I suppose this is what is meant by the saying " what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger".

I do feel, to some extent, an element of strength - a feeling of “throw whatever you want at me now life and I will cope with it, given that the worst thing that could ever happen to me, has happened”.

On the other hand, being unable to get the lid off a jar can have me sobbing into a tea towel!

Highs and lows - and these can happen within the same minute.

Is it any wonder we feel disturbed?

11 Likes

Hi Roxie

I just wish I could disappear …… There’s that split second on waking when I ‘forget’ what has happened but after that it’s a living nightmare. I put on a brace face but inside my heart is breaking.

Take care x

7 Likes

Hi Sheila

I so wish I felt the same but sadly, I don’t.

Take care x

1 Like

Oh yes it’s a common feeling Victoria, totally natural, after all part of us has already died…I’m told this feeling passes with time, I pray it does, but I wake every morning and think ‘oh no, not another endless day’…
I live alone, so get very lonely without my husband, but I will continue to live for my sons and grandchildren…
Keep going Victoria, this too shall pass…

3 Likes

What a wonderful uplifting post, it gives me hope. I only cremated my husband a week ago so I’m no where near feeling anything but deep grief, loss and loneliness…

1 Like

I believe in the afterlife. My husband passed away 3 moths ago. He was a painter and we have had a very strong smell of paint in the house,
I know he is here with me all the time. I miss him so much.

1 Like

That has just brought tears to my eyes. I would love something like that to happen to me. I do talk out loud to my husband and ask him to visit me but nothing. That is why I doubt it because I know if he could he would. X

1 Like

I dont wish for death I wish for sleep havent had a night`s sleep since he went awake every 2 hours and then the brain kicks in

1 Like

My husband died in April l thought my life was over l have realised you have to live for all those people you didn’t chance to you will get their slowly :broken_heart: :pensive: don’t give up

5 Likes

Starting over is hard. But it can be done with baby steps.

Patience and baby steps if you want to try. Hopeful when it feels hopeless but all we can do.
But even before their passing, I am sure no day was perfect.

2 Likes

Hi @Berit. No, not every day was perfect but at least I had my husband of 37 years with me on the not-so-perfect days! I’d take that over this any time!

5 Likes

I agree. I would do anything to have my husband back. Married for 40yrs. I would go for the not so perfect days just to have him in my life again to hold and talk to.

6 Likes

I so agree @Jean8. Together we could conquer most things…

2 Likes

@berit, it’s nice that you contribute to this category and you probably mean well, but your post was insensitive and lacks an understanding.

7 Likes

Hello. I do know just how you feel having lost my wife to Peritoneal cancer on February 8th this year. The first few months were spent in a state of shock but now the loneliness has really affected me. I am having bereavement counselling with our local Hospice organisation and it is helping me to rationalise my thoughts. I have two great adult children, their partners and two lovely granddaughters so life is not over for me, just different. Please seek some help, we are all in this together.:heart:

3 Likes

Well said you are a very wise person. We all have lives to live we can’t always get the life we want let’s all try and make the best of what we have been given love and hugs

5 Likes

I do not like this post at all ok all of us would want to be with our partners but we cant life is not like that. The lady with cancer who wants to be alive is the person we should look to. All of us had arguments the thing is if you didnt it meant you still cared . Do not jump on someone because they feel different to you. I feel sometimes with this site I don`t grief enough well I do! We all grief in our way what ever they say there is no road map to follow

4 Likes