Your reason for living In ONE SENTENCE PLEASE.

@anon94470799 I’m so sorry for your loss and am struggling with the same things you are. I don’t know what to say, feel other than send you hugs. My husband gave me so much and my time with him made me a better person in so many ways.

1 Like

That’s what I thought this forum was for, to say how you feel, I to can’t see much for me although I’m trying with therapy, happy life now gone, we made so many plans.

3 Likes

Mickeyboy, Dontknow1 - you are both right
This forum is to say what you feel and also to listenvwhat others feel. I also think this forum is here to help us with our struggle and loss - so when I am depressed: anxious/ when I have my melt downs I know I can say it without been judged and at the same time people will share their experiences to help us
Are our lives to go backbtovehat itvwas?
No
Are we going to feel joy and happiness as before ?
No
Will we ever forget our partners:husbands that were so much part of us?
No
Will we ever feel without this book d?
No
However - there is always hope
Hope that we will find contentment
Hope that our pain and suffering make us more compassionate and understanding
Hope that our love still unite us with this other soul that was part of us

Hope that one day we can find and see yge beauty of the world

Hope that one day we can find value in our lives

The more we suffer doesn’t mean we loved our husbands better or more
We can still live and mourn at the same time
Sadie xx

4 Likes

Dear Sadie
Thank you - your words have captured exactly how I feel . Because we hope and try and stay optimistic it does not mean that we mourn less than others - we are just different in how we deal with our grief. I have found that helping others helps me most - giving is always more rewarding than receiving ,
Trisha xx

4 Likes

I’m living my life for two people now, one living and one who sadly has gone off on his own adventure :broken_heart:

9 Likes

53 posts were split to a new topic: When family aren’t there for you

I’m with you all. Sadie, Jen, Kate, Trisha, Pen and so many more. I live because I feel that life is a precious gift and I have somehow found the will to continue with my life. I encourage friendship by smiling and being sociable. It’s hard at times and I can cry for England some days but I am always looking for the things in life that can bring comfort.
Pat xxx

4 Likes

I would be very sad too. your Alan, Jen, is a very handsome man.x

mary, is this message meant for me or Crazy Kate?

blessings
Jen☆

“When love is all that’s left of me, give me away”.

Existing not living…still trying to find a way that makes sense and a reason…my Mum is my World even now…

2 Likes

My friend sent me this

11 Likes

That’s great Jooles…:blush:

1 Like

think falling in love with being alive again can be equated to finding the different life we must and should find to make the rest of our time on the earth plane worthwhile to our departed loved ones and to ourselves.

hope today was an improvement on yesterday and tomorrow is an improvement on today

blessings
Jen☆

2 Likes

Hi @SteveS, I noticed that this was your first post and I just wanted to say that I’m sorry you’re in a situation where you need to join this community, but I hope you find it a supportive place to be. When you feel ready, you might want to start a new conversation to tell people a bit more about your situation and how you are feeling. You should get some supportive replies.

There is no rush, though, I know some people prefer to take a bit of time to read and reply before doing this - it’s entirely up to you.

1 Like

one sentence …
Be eternally grateful for your children. Whatever they are. They are yours. Some people don’t have that.

4 Likes

Well anyone is welcome to mine. X

Hope. Post has to have 10 characters lol.

Bless you Sheila, I haven’t sold it yet but know it will be one of the hardest things I’ve faced since the funeral. However, the money I get I will buy myself a little van so I can go on dive trips and start a new dog walking business…so I have to see it as a move forward…it’s the only way to cope. I’m glad to hear that six years on you feel you have made a new life…I hope you have found some happiness in that life. Here’s to camper-van memories x

I live in a penthouse apartment and the storm is raging, the whole place is rocking. Scary. Hope there’s no damage at your place x