You're forever in my heart

For all you were to me in life and all the joy you brought your memory is with me in every single thought the pain I felt at losing you will never go away but knowing that you’re in my heart helps me through each day when you were here I always felt that nothing could go wrong but you’re still my inspiration and your memory keeps me strong and though my heart is heavy its also full of love and that’s enough to comfort me while you’re in heaven above

5 Likes

@Kath23 hi kath I agree with you I lost my mum when I was 13 and it hurt like hell and I lost my dad when I was 34 but losing pauline it’s broken my heart and me and the only people who understand are those who have been through it or going through it sending hugs x

2 Likes

Casey I just realised that your beautiful words are actually a poem! Did you write that yourself Casey? If you did then you certainly have an hidden talent. Please use it as you certainly know how to put your thoughts into writing.
Love and hugs.x

1 Like

Exactly how I feel !!!

@Kath23 hi kath I’m sure he knows and I do try to take comfort from our memories but they also hurt knowing we can’t make anymore together but I do cherish the ones we made x

@Angiejo2 hi angiejo no I didn’t write it I found it online the I think of you that I put up the other week I wrote my grief counsellor said I have a way with words I read her something that I wrote for pauline she said it was beautiful

@Diane08 hi Diane I am so very sorry for your loss

Hi Casey
Loved the poem , it comes from your heart and says?exactly what you feel and believe
Thank you for sharing it .

I rarely post on here now , because I no longer have much to says, that I haven’t already repeated ??

Mr chipps the poet man

@Mr-chipps hello thankyou but I didn’t write it I found it online I’m not good with poetry you should post I always read your post and I find they give hope that one day hopefully I might manage this grief journey better and maybe one day be able to live again instead of just existing sending hugs x

Hi the poem was beautiful I still miss my husband 3 years nearly since he died it will be his birthday on Monday a very difficult day to get through I miss him so much every day is a struggle but you have to keep going for your children sake but I find it so hard

@Mazza hi I am so sorry for the loss of your husband I will be thinking of you on Monday take care sending hugs x

Casey 1 wonderful very comforting and well wrotexx

@Florence hello and thankyou but I didn’t write it I found it online and thought it was touching and comforting and it said so much of what I would love to say to pauline x

1 Like

Hi Cassy thanks for your message about the poems
Everything that I have posted regarding poetry is of my own creation. As im wary of copywrite laws
But because of some actions by admin, I now only reply to new messages to me.
I prefer to reply to private messages only .I won’t post anymore poems on this site thanks for your kind words. If you wish to private message?I would like that, But I will leave it up to you. I don’t know what the sites picyongiving out email or mobile phone numbers is?? I can understand your feelings about just existing and not living , as it took me many years to learn to live again? I would like to share my life with a lady , but to what extent I’m unsure
Take care . Xx Keith the poet
I still have down days

Hi casey
Really Lovely poem
I know what you mean about just existing as I’m sure do many others
I feel it’s just as if I’m just waiting for something, it’s a strange feeling almost like I’m living someone else’s life now, it’s so far removed from the life I had with my darling husband…
People say I’m doing well but its just that I’ve become good at avoidance and pretending.
But the truth is I feel worse as time goes on as it just gets longer since I’ve felt my loving husbands arms around me, I listen to his voice mails to hear his voice and I have photographs of his smiling face everywhere.
On my walk the other day, I was sitting on a rock having a cry and I looked up to see a deer standing looking at me, close enough that I could have touched him.
At that moment I felt that he understood my pain far better than any person.
Take care
Christine xx

1 Like

Wow Cjs,
Your description of how you feel is almost exactly how I feel.
I feel I am in a weird life now, lost, does not feel real, but tell myself it is, so I have to try to get used to it. So many on here feel like we do. Only those who have lost their soulmate will ever understand. x

Hi Diane
Thank you for your reply , it’s a double edged sword really isn’t it as it also saddens me that others feel this same aweful emptyness
Yes as you say it’s not possible for anyone not in our shoes to truly understand so I tell myself that I can’t expect them too.
I try to make myself go for a walk everyday, I walk for miles in the countryside until I tire myself out it’s my only release.
My husband and I were very sociable but at our happiest just being together
I feel that I’ve had a personality transplant I’m just not me anymore, I can only hope that one day I can find myself again as that’s the person my lovely husband knew and loved
I hope that you too will find yourself again one day… Just doesn’t seem possible right now does it
Take care and a big hug
Christine xx

1 Like

@Cjs126 hi Christine sorry for the late reply just seen your message I understand what you mean our lives are so different now nothing feels the same I think it changes us I’m so different now to how I was I do what I need to and care for my pets I love them dearly but I’m just waiting for my time to come so I can be with her again but I will do my best for our babies and to make her proud and yeah it seems to get harder I find the emptiness and loneliness so hard I’m that crazy lady who talks to her pets all the time I’m so sorry for your pain take care sending love and hugs x casey

Hi Casey
Nice that you have your fur babies to help distract you for a while
People keep saying I should get a dog but as lovely as it would be to have company on my walks it wouldn’t be fair. There are some days that I’m so tired with thinking that I take a tablet and just sleep the day away.
Yes it is a lonely life now, even when there are people around.
It’s been a lovely summer up here in the Highlands, dreading the nights closing in, no hubby to cuddle up with on the couch in the evenings, was always our favorite time of day… Makes the tears roll just thinking about it.
Sadly I just can’t see how it’s possible for us ever to stop yearning for that special loving closeness we had with the love of our lives.
I asked the grief councilor that… She didn’t have an answer… Guess there just isn’t one.
Will close for now, take care and a hug
Christine xx

Sorry for some reason only just read this .
I feel exactly like you. I feel like someone stole me as I was with my husband. I am so lost without him. These dark evenings will be hell, this first winter, cannot see how I will survive it!! x