2 years after becoming a widow

Love and hugs :hugs: xxx

2 Likes

Hi @lulujones33 thank you for your support and kind words.
Big hugs back to you :hugs: :hugs:xx

2 Likes

So nice and comforting to be reminiscing the good times we had with our beloved isnā€™t it.
what we had but not what we lost!!
Please take care xx

4 Likes

I am so sorry to hear, I canā€™t imagine what you must have felt at that moment :sob:. Those 6 hours must have been so traumatic for you I am so sorry you had to go through that devastating and cruel moment. We here are going through all kinds of cruel and heart breaking experience one way or another - life is so cruel!
Please take care xx

5 Likes

You have accomplished so much bringing 3 children up alone. Having a good network of support is so important but I can totally understand itā€™s never going to be the same. I canā€™t see myself having a deep loving relationship with anyone else the way that I had with my angel.
I myself find family and friends gradually distant themselves as they are, understandably, busy with their own lives. I think the people who really understand what we are going through are the people who have experienced their own losses.
Best wishes & take care everyone x

4 Likes

My Husband has been gone 2 1/2 years and I feel very much the same. The evenings are so empty and I know things will never be the same no matter how long I wait. It is a huge change to cope with and I find myself often exhausted by how much I now have to do. Take things at your own pace and know that you are not the only one dealing with feelings lie this. I try to find small treats I can give myself as this will helps me feel a little more positive and I know my husband would want me to do this. There is no shame in saying you are finding things hard and in a way it is a good thing to be honest as this can help you and others to find a way forward.

6 Likes

Oooh ā€¦ husband working abroad is nothing like losing your husband and knowing you will never see them again ! That hit me today after my poorly mum who is in hospital said she thought the porter was my husband ! Cos looked just like him ! That hurt when i realised i will never see his cheeky face ever again :frowning: in tears now ā€¦ emotional anyway cos my 84 year old mum really isnt well. Sorry guys just had to vent ! xxx

1 Like

Jenny
I too am in my 2nd year of being a widower. Your feelings are no different to anyone elseā€™s. I wish i could offer an instant fix but there isnā€™t any? I am told things get easier the longer time passes? Trouble is most would opt for the instant fix if one was available.
I understand that after the hullaballoo of the passing has gone, most soon go back to their usual way of life. EVEN the offspringā€™s. But I suppose thatā€™s just human nature Iā€™m sure i did the same at times. No-One will understand just how the feeling is until sadly it happens to them. What {i think} made it worse for me was the fact that I chose my late wife to spend the rest of our lives together whereas families you have no control of as they come ready made. lol I truly hope that you find a way forward. Have you tried joining a group on Facebook? I joined one about the area i came from & just by ā€œchattingā€ online can take you out of any low points well i find that anyhow. Good Luck.

2 Likes

Thank you,I had a very young policewoman with me all day and she was so kind.I was actually just very numb with shock the flashbacks now traumatise me more.I just kept saying please bring him in the house but they werenā€™t allowed to move him until the forensic people had been .It was 5 weeks until the funeral and the entire time I was just in shock even after the funeral for a couple of months then when reality hit me thatā€™s been another matter.

2 Likes

You take care and I hope you find great comfort from your memories.

1 Like

Hi Jenny - Iā€™m coming up to the two years alone too and it does appear to be harder now. I donā€™t have children and find friends think you should be o.k. I feel lonely every day - even if Iā€™m seeing someone as the loneliness is for my hubby.p not friends who come and go. Nothing has the same meaning anymore. It is very tough isnā€™t it xx

4 Likes

Thank you. I talk to him every morning, afternoon and night, feeling his presence by my side gives me such love and comfort. Remembering all the beautiful memories of us together have also helped ease the pain of grieving :heart:
I hope you find peace, love and comfort from your nearest and dearest these days. Very best wishes :hugs:

2 Likes

Couldnā€™t agree more! Nothing has the same meaning anymore :sob:

2 Likes

Two years for me too and what you say is what I think. I have a son and his family close by but they have their own busy lives to lead. I go for occasional meals with them, school concerts etc and thatā€™s about the only time I ever go out. This more or less stops in the winter as I donā€™t like driving in the dark so itā€™s a pretty lonely life. I donā€™t have any friends nearby and I know people will say join something, meet new people etc but after almost 52 years of marriage Iā€™m just not used to doing anything or going anywhere on my own. We pretty much kept ourselves to ourselves and we liked that. i also live in quite an isolated spot a few miles away from a small village so donā€™t even see people passing. I know Iā€™m lucky in lots of ways but itā€™s a sad old life without my dearest husband.

6 Likes

jenny9 do not feel it is doom and gloom as i totally get it nearly 2 year for my hubby and i can honestly say I feel exactly the same I put the brave face on that everyone wants to see now cause it makes them feel better but once I get behind my closed front door it is a totally different story I am so unhappy and sad I feel so alone as you say it is taking every decision alone and it tires me living this way I try my best by joining different groups but it just does not seem to work out am at a total loss even family especially now we are into the holiday season are all full of telling you about where they have booked up where they are going etc I could scream ā€œoh it must be nice you wanna try living my life miserable and aloneā€ So no way think you should not share how you feel especially on this site because you are definitely not alone in this take care :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yep the holiday situation is really hard isnt it ? Why dont people think and try inviting you to go with them ? People are so selfish these days ! Xx

2 Likes

Hi jenny 9
I lost my wife 5years ago,Iam like you lonely
Iā€™ve tried holidays but it not the same without her,I donā€™t the answer but you carry on with your memories of them,

8 Likes

Long time john for you. Take care of yourself. None of this is easy is it :frowning: its crap !! Its a hard world these days without them there to lean on i know that for sure :frowning:

5 Likes

Hi time does make the cying bouts subside, but the intensity if being alone at home came be overwhelming. Having a lot of plates to spin offsets this, but means you are contstantly tired. Which really gets me angry as i never used to be like this at all. I too have pushed my self to go out and meet new people as we never did, just happy to be in each others company. I found this to be hard work and likexanother job todo, even speaking with other widowers who go on holiday with each other , when trufully asked even they say it waz nice but lacked that spark. From my perspective when you have been close with that person for most of your life, giving them all your love, protection and standing shoulder shoulder againts the rest of the world, is a ruddy hard act to follow. I am realising as well it goes way beyound the physical presence linda was actually part of my automatc psychic and i hers. This is the part which is really impossible to supress as it is like trying to forget how to walk. Part of me takes comfort in gjis fact but it does come at a high cost. Sending hugs to all of us. Allen

4 Likes

I get the impression they donā€™t wanna ask you along as it will be awkward for them and yes Deb5 I totally agree with you they are selfish I can recall my Silver Wedding we went to Italy I actually asked my sister in law along because she had always wanted to go but none of them think that way towards me in my situation am getting to the point of thinking ā€œoh just sod youā€ Xx

3 Likes