About the Losing a partner category

O yes the nights are terrible I’m.havingbs low day today not nice I keep missing all these messages I only get them if I log in x

1 Like

Sorry for your loss to hun bless us all.my hubby went on for 2 years with his dreadful disease I’ve never seen anyone suffer it before and I’d never want to see anyone suffer it again its horrific x

This site is a where we can be totally honest xx

Hi helly, i hope you are having a better day today. Sitting here thinking i should go for a walk but feel safer inside the house wirh my door firmly shut. X

Thank you for your kind words I know it’s going to be hard but the people on here are so kind it will help eventually hopefully I’m glad I spent those last days with her it was so peaceful but hard to let go

I’ve been going through draws today founds letters etc from hubby read them and was crying had them years but forgot about them x

Ahhh it so so hard isn’t it losing your loved ones we just all need to stick together and get each other through x

It is very hard

So sorry for your loss. Glad you have found the site and hopefully we can help each other through. I lost my partner 4 months ago he had underlying health issues and caught covid in hospital he was 50. I know how you will be feeling coming to terms with the trauma. The loneliness is unbearable we were together from being 15 he’s all I’ve ever known and we were always together. Feel lost and scared of the future so for now it’s

Hi juli69, i know exactly how you feel. My husband caught covid in hospital too. We had been together 49 years on 26th march. Dreading friday. The lonliness is awful and the empty feeling. We are all here for one another. Keep chatting. X

1 Like

So sorry to hear this hun me and hubby were tog 39 years its scary isn’t it thts all you have known for so long then they are gone 50 to young my hubbybwas 55 it’s just feels so unfair you feel cheated my dad died few years back tht was bad enough but at least he was 85 and had a longer life x

Hugs to u to bubba its a long time u been together my hubby and me had been tog 39 years as I said to.julie it’s all you have known so it’s hard x

We had been together since i was 17. Now 66. Left to retire on my own, but nothing to look forward to or share it with. I love my kids :heart: but they have their own lives and children. My grandchildren dont want to go to nannys, its boring. Feel so alone and empty. X

Ahhh hun I get this I have grandkids and also as you say they have their own life so u feel so alone. I was 17 when got with pete he was 16 just kids really so thts all I’ve known to its so scary isn’t it he always looked after me really till he became ill 2 years ago then the roles reversed he had motor neuron disease so was 24 hours a day caring now im lost . So think it’s time to look for a little job or something x

1 Like

Hello Helly, yes that feeling lost is so awful. They were our lives and all we’ve ever known especially when we’ve looked after them . Suddenly you wonder who you are and feel a bit purposeless although you have a lovely family. A very good idea to get some sort of job but even that is difficult at the moment. Like our lives are on hold. Take care x

1 Like

Dear Bubba

I had just turned 18 when I met my husband. Now 61 and thought we would have years ahead to enjoy retirement, we even sat through the first lockdown planning our trips. But all that has gone.

We have two kids and a grandson. As you say they must be allowed to live their lives. I spent yesterday on my own and was so distraught by the time it came to go to bed. This is now my life but it really isn’t a life it is merely an existence. Just a waiting game.

Take care.
Sheila

2 Likes

I fully understand, it is just an existence plodding along each day the loss, emptiness and silence is unbearable. Take care

2 Likes

I totally agree with you sheila, just an existence. Everybody else’s life goes on and they dont realise how we are suffering or how you camt get over it. I can make myself busy through the day but the evenings are so lonely and empty. Just to be able to talk to somebody. I guess thats what this page is for. What i wouldnt give to hold my mel and give him a big cuddle and kiss. X

Dear Bubba

Your so right. Have just written my daily message to my husband. Told him how much I need him, want to hold him again and tell him that I love him. Tears are streaming down my face again. Just cannot cope for much longer.

Take care.
Sheila

Dear shelia,
I know just how you feel I was horrific for month after month then Doctor gave me some tablets, still greatly miss my husband and talk to him every day, but I found it a little easier to cope although I have a long way to go, I get up each day and think not another day without him, I think everybody on here is the same you cannot lose your soul mate and best friend we where together nearly 50 years

1 Like