Best ways to cope with loss of mother

Morning Laura, how are you today?.

Tim

1 Like

Her mirror in the sitting room kept moving there was a cold breeze I could smell her if that makes sense my mam died at home un exspected I never thought she would die
I left her at 4 50 on the 18th she died on the sat feel so sad

Hi Tim , hi everyone actually .
I am still getting over this virus and struggling with the time of year . I miss my Dad a lot and there reminders everywhere.
Just have to keep on going .
How are you ? You’ve bit caught this horrible virus then ? A lot of illness around this time of year x

1 Like

I’m a very creative person good at art decorating sewing I’ve lost all intrest positive thinking is defently needed self care is also good I always be kind to myself and others as everyone is going through similar

Awww so sorry for your loss loosing a dad my heart goes to you
There’s a few virus going around I have Lemon and hot water to boost me up it help for a bit then my head goes thinking of my mam i seem to be stuck

Hi Laura, we are all suffering together at the moment, its a mixture of loss,beareavement, bugs and viruses, and the fact we are greaving in itself lowers are immune systems and leave us open to infection, the mild weather for this time of year makes it worse.

If you are going to parties and going out meeting groups of people and are NOT driving, I suggest a strong hot toddy made with milk and whisky is a good idea, it will give you some protection from infection.

There is a saying my mother used to quote ‘A mild December, a full cemetery’ and certainly when my mum was young there were more pneumonia deaths in january following a mild december, there being no antibiotics and no pneumonia inoculation.

Yes, you miss your dad and I miss me mum, nothing to be done about it, but remember, they walk in spirit with us every day, and in the fullness of time you will meet again, you still have your mother and your husband, together with the allotment community, and I am sure you are much loved and would be missed by many who know you if you were not there.

So do not wish your life away.
Your loved ones love you more each day.
Do not wish away the passing hour.
Go out with spade, rake, bullhook and sore the flower

May everything you plant grow blossom
And may your dad look kindly down
And nod his head approvingly
At your endeavors on his crown
And bring grate pride upon his plot.
May your endeavors go unnoticed not

May your toils bring grate reward
And may your efforts be rewarded
And let your family feel grate pride
for what you do on your dads side.

No, I am not poet lowiet, but hope I have raised your spirits Laura.

Blessings to all.

Timxx

1 Like

You say there was a cold breeze and the mirror kept swaying?, all I know is when we are about to pass away the spirits of loved ones gone before gather round us and draw the heat out of the room rather like a sterling engine, same thing when my mum passed, the room went very cold and the blower came on while the minister was reading the passage for the dead and had the presence of mind to switch it off knowing I had to keep the body cool, I am technically trained and even then I was thinking off that.

1 Like

My cousin bought me this it’s made me cry I love it

2 Likes

Oh my goodness that’s lovely .
Thank you so much . I am going to send that to my Mum -she’ll love it too !
Thanks Tim x

You are welcome Laura, enjoy it. might take poetry up seriously when I retire.

Timxx

1 Like

Hi charyll, am I correct in thinking thats your mother?, I think its lovely.

Timxx

Yeah that me mam and this is jack he has been a star

2 Likes

Hi Charyll, your mum looked a very serious lady bless her, did she have a degree?.

Jack looks brilliant and adorable, how old is he?.

Timxx

Me mam didn’t have a degree
Jack is 7 on Friday coming

OK, thanks, bless you.

AmyC, are you out there somewhere?,
one knock for yes.
2 knocks for no.
3 knocks for we don’t really know.
You appear to have vaporised into hyperspace.

Tim

Hi your mums photo is lovely as is Jack I’m glad he stayed with her he must have known something wasn’t right. And I can only imagine losing her unexpectedly, many of us had the inclination of what was coming, my mum was in hospital 7 weeks before her passing, we were fore warned and I did much of my grieving in the weeks leading to her death, although I still wasn’t prepared, she’d been in hospital many times and part of me held onto the hope she’d recover again and be okay. But an unexpected death is hard to come to terms with, especially with alcoholism or addiction involved I can imagine you have alot of weight on your shoulders wondering if you could have done anything but like Tim said no one can stop it :frowning: so please don’t hold onto feelings of guilt or thoughts of ‘what if’
Christmas will feel different this year and probably forever now but if you believe like many of us do (my daughter who was 18 months when my mum passed sat up 20 mins after she passed and said bye bye gran) your mum is likely still around in her own way, and she’ll be with her partner again. I know it doesn’t make everything feel better but it can help to think they’re with loved ones and still around, look out for signs and you may see signs your mum is still around you.
Amy xxx

Hi Laura I also had a virus too, feeling better now though I was really unwell for about 4 or 5 days but it seems to have passed now
Hope you’re alright
Amy xxx

Hi amy its so sad when we loose a loved one my mam had a heart of gold everyone tried to help her she didnt want help
The doctors.at the hospital told her if she left it would result in collapsing which would lead to death that was the wednesday i think she died on the friday night which was her mams birthday she died of decomsated.liver dease 20% survival rate she dod say she wasnt staying at the hospital

Thanks to everyone on here for your kind words and support making a diffrence talking to people who understand what everyone os going through