Best ways to cope with loss of mother

Yes would agree with all of that. .its been really difficult x

Hi Tim ,
Yes I think it’s been a very unsettling time for all of us hasn’t it .
The jewellery making sounds good .
I really don’t think the weather is helping my mood . It doesn’t seem to have stopped raining .
Sending love to all x

Hi Laura.
Been raining hear to and a short thunder storm in the early hours, strong winds but warmed up know to 9 centigrade and had a little sun.

Glass is down to 28.9 but wising so weather should be better tomorrow, hope so, I need to do some shopping and return a clock I have repaired.

In addition to jewelry making doing work with a model stirling engine, experimenting with effect of working pressure and driving them via a heat pump, might drive a tiny plane with it one day so keeping me busy.

I suppose you are itching to get back to your dads allotment?, possibly when the weather improves, take your wellies!!

Blessings to all.

Timxx

Same problem here, it won’t stop raining :woman_facepalming:

Christmas morning as soon as I woke up I ended up sobbing loads, I just didn’t want the day to go ahead I guess. My Mum loved Christmas.

I didn’t do much I went to see my Grandma then went to my partners mums and step dad’s, speaking of that when I wrapped and labeled my partners mum’s pressies I felt such sadness writing the words ‘mum’ as it dawned on me that I wouldn’t be giving anything to mine ever again.

I am dreading new years eve, although I will be tucked up in bed ready for work on new years day. I guess leaving this year behind it makes me feel like I’m leaving my mum behind, such a awful feeling!

I actually can’t believe how fast this year has gone and it’ll be my mums passing 1 year anniversary come March and I am still deeply saddened that she is no longer here!

I say they should ban all celebrations as it’s not fair to those who are grieving, I never felt like this before but thinking about it, so many people have lost someone and will be sad on these days!

I really am itching to go to the allotment . I know it would help my head and feeling sad .
It’s just too windy though . How have you been today ? X x

I agree it feels like leaving them behind Jess -what a horrible feeling

1 Like

Hi Jess.
I know its not easy, but try to remember your mum has not abandoned you and walks in spirit with you every day, my mum loved christmas to, they are know are chief spirit guides, always listen to your intuition, it will never let you down.

Those we love don't go away
  They walk beside us every day
Unseen, unheard, but always near

Still loved, still missed, and very dear

The words on my mums ashes casket, she past in my arms on the evening of january 5th and I will forever associated christmas with that event, one side of me says I have to move forward so I am tacking up a new interest, the other ask ‘What the hell are you doing?, everyone in your main family has moved on, you should join them’ this is NOTHING to do with guilt at still being alive, it has EVERTHJING to do with my family and me, and I am in two minds about it.

AmyC recommended to me a book ‘SURVIVING DEATH’ by Leslie Kean and it covers the memories of children concerning past lives, Kean is a journalist AND a qualified child psychiatrist and has more or less ‘lifted the lid’ and proved reincarnation, the most outstanding case concerns a young boy who was a fighter pilot up against the japs, you must read the book, it is compelling evidence.

Yes, ban christmas like Cromwell did(for 7 years, sorry about the history lesson, but I always give an education) one idea is its a party to uplift us in the middle of winter, personally i prefer my snug(when it is finished) have decided to line the exterior walls and ceiling with insulating wall paper, fit secondary glazing and draft proof the floor, it will be worth it.

You can take holidays at christmas ware there is no christmas(hope its not as bad as boarding school!!!) no tv, no papers, no radio, and presumably no turkey, I would not say no to fish and chips with peas on christmas day, it is my favourite dish,how they entertain themselves I do not know, (no kissing under the mistletoe either, so what’s left?, a quick fumble behind the bicycle sheds?, hell no, its to cold for that!!!, but you must be able to get a descent non christmas brake somewhere at christmas time, might be worth investigating, I for one intend to.

Blessings Jess to you and your family at this sad time.

Timxxx

I am trying not to think that way because they do say they are still with us but I find it rather frustrating because how can they see us and be there when we can’t see them or communicate with them like we once did?

Blooming Nora it sounds awful in my area right now, so windy and like my house is going to fall down! Least it gives me an excuse to stay in :woman_shrugging:

Hopefully we have a better summer next year and you can get back to doing what you love!

The whole reincarnation thing frightens me because what if when I get there my Mum has moved on?

I also find the whole afterlife things confusing as we all have a different prospective of what’s to come, and different beliefs, so how do we know which to believe.

I think I looked into things a lot more than I should have, all I wanted to know was that my Mum wasn’t truly gone, and it all started with my first ever reading.

I thought I’d be content hearing from her from someone who can communicate with the other side but no I started looking into things further and I’ve ended up confusing myself and getting worried about it all lol

Hi Laura, you should invest in a sauna suit and a siren suit with a fleece lined hood,I have 4 of them and ware them in the house, lot cheaper then the heating.
The sauna suits are wind and water proof and also have a hood, and you ware them over the hooded siren suit, and good stout fully waterproof wellies and the sauna trousers covering the top of your wellies to keep you dry, I also ware self heating socks under a bigger outer sock so this winter I no longer have cold feet, properly attired you will be able to keep warm, no matter what the weather.

Sadly, it is a time for sadness for all of us, you have lost your dad, I, and most of the others have lost our mums, or both parents and are know arthons, and it is a life changing moment, you are lucky, you still have your mum and your own family, and I know you will be giving each other mutual support, and you will help each other to get through this.

Lets hope for a better year ahead, I know that many feel that the turn of the year is a final goodbye, it is not.

Our loved ones walk within us every day.
they hear are thoughts not far away
and when we stop, and sob and sigh
they say there there no need to cry.

They hear us when we shout in pain
and know when we want to dodge the rain
and they can tell, just how we feel
simply by are greaving peel.

And thore we cannot hear them yet
or see them as they walk are side.
they stay around, not far away
and will be with us all, one day

Until then we have to wait
and struggle on through hells long gate
and when are time comes, we take a bow
and join our loved ones, in the next life know.

Hope I have lifted yours’s and everyone’s spirits Laura.

Blessings to all.

Timxxx

1 Like

It’s just missing their physical presence I guess . I just miss chatting to him and laughing . So difficult x

Jess, no need to panic, for a start we always reincarnate into human form, another is spirit has the unique ability to be in more then one place at the same time,(even spitfires cant do that!!) you WILL meat with your mother, and other loved ones when you pass on.

I cannot understand how my twin brother, the day after he past made his presence felt in my bedroom and a close friend 50 miles away, but he did.

Amy’s child sat bolt upright in bed and said goodbye to her gran(Amy’s mum) some 20 minutes after her mum had past, young children DO NOT make things up, they respond only to what they hear and see, Amy’s mum was in the room, no matter how mad that might sound, there is no other explanation.

Time you found a descent medium.

Blessings to you , family and furr babies.

Timxxx

1 Like

Thanks Tim. Lovely words . Will try and get a bit more positive x

Thanks Laura, that is all we can do for know I am afraid, KBO,KBO

Timxx

Genurin mediums can communicate with them Jess and do, that’s just it.

Hi Jess
Hope you’re okay. I don’t think we’ll ever know 100% what happens after and I don’t think we’re supposed to. But I would think your mum will have a choice to wait for you and she will. We don’t know everything about the universe I think we know very little but that’s okay. Like Tim wrote my daughter did say goodbye to her gran that night and I had lots of signs in the few days after her passing, and now and then sporadically. But I have no doubt she’s somewhere waiting, I like to think she can travel the world and see whatever she wants to see and come back and watch us too :slight_smile:
I am dreading new years too it feels like leaving them in 2023. But we aren’t, time has to keep moving and we need to keep moving along with it. It’ll never be the same but we will hopefully reach a point where we can let go of some of the sadness and pain and just be grateful for knowing them. I don’t know when that will happen sometimes I already feel that way, then other moments I get extremely sad again. It is all consuming still I am constantly thinking of her she is always in my mind. I’ve never liked new years anyway, but it will be the worst one yet.
It all makes me wonder though how much loss can we take, I’ll lose my dad someday too. It doesn’t bare thinking about but that will happen too. Life is such a tough teacher and none of her students get out alive, I like that saying as it’s so true, we’re just here to learn lessons and then we depart, but I don’t think it ends there it’s just the next part of the journey, and we just call it death.
Going to try get some sleep but hope yous are all doing ok
Amy x

2 Likes

Wise words Amy . Hope you are doing as well as can be xx

1 Like

I have mentioned before that I have already been to decent mediums, the best and highly recommended in my area in fact. The first medium I went to, I am actually still in touch with as a friend. Frustrating talking to her and she never mentions that my mums trying to send me a message though lol

I am also learning how to be a medium myself by attending development circle. I have managed to communicate with the other side but not as effectively as other mediums, which I don’t expect to with only just learning. We all have the ability but most of us just forget how to use it.

I do believe our loved ones are somewhere, it’s just the fact that there’s so many beliefs and what not.

A medium on here once said that we only have one emotion when we cross over and that is universal love which means we don’t feel the different types of love we do here and that haunted to me for some reason lol.

Another thing apparently we could chance roles in our next life, my mum could be my sister or cousin but I don’t want her to be anything else I want her to always be my Mum.

The whole thing just messes my head up lol

Hey Amy thank you, lovely message as usual!
I’ve been struggling through Christmas but haven’t we all. I’ll be glad when it’s all over lol hope you’re okay!

I must admit I have had a lot of unexplainable things happen that would definitely class as signs.

Seen plenty of robins and usually when I ask for them.

Asked for a stag once and one ran past me in the middle of the street still shocked about that :joy:

Keep finding white feathers in my path, the best one has to be the one that appeared out of thin air under my can of pop! I did tell her to put one in a less obvious place though :joy:

I don’t know why I get these moments of doubt, but I guess that’s just how I am as a person. I have had a lot of upsets and disappointments throughout my life though so it is hard to keep the faith but I must think about what my mum had given to prove she’s still there.

1 Like

Hi Jess, well, that might be your next career?, a professional medium?, a very worthwhile profession if done properly and you may go on to help many, you say the whole thing messes your head?, this can often happen when learning a new subject or topic, you want it all know, take your time, take instruction, and don’t take on too much at once, it takes time to assimilate new ideas and new information, and while you are much further on then I am are still learning the basics, I tried doing everything at once at University, I did not have a good time and found my self in hull royal having crashed out (this was 1996, and so 20th centaury) and like the rest of us you are still greaving, and that puts a strain on you by its self.

You will get to hear some heart rending stories, but that goes with the territory and is the same for lawyers, the medical profession, undertakers, in fact any occupation dealing with vulnerable people, and to some extent you do that already and must have heard scores of things from demented patients who you help support.

Feeling universal love, I see nothing wrong with that, and certainly nothing toxic and perhaps if there was more of it around the world would be a better place, but man (not intended to be gender assigned, this applies to all of us)is inherently both violent and competitive, and it stems from early man who had to fight of wolves and wild animals, hunt in order to survive at grate risk, and hunt down and kill the Neanderfills who threatened to wipe them out, and it was team work that enabled early man to survive, together with the development of early agriculture, , this meant clearing land with fire and it is know thought that this was just enough to prevent an ice age, global warming has always been with us, and was not always a bad thing.

Know off course, the work place has taken over from chasing wild animals, and in so many places it still brings out the worst in people, either because they resent having to work, hate there colleagues, resent anyone else treading on there patch, feel insecure, or a mixture of the lot,the worst are sales companies and are full of petty, pathetic infighting and politics and the best thing about those corporate toilets is the door out of them, I worked in one for 5 years, when I speak my mind I don’t hold back as I am sure you have gathered.

Take your time Jess, and try not to worry, all things work out in the end.

Blessings to you, take care.

Timxx