Best ways to cope with loss of mother

I can feel her presence it’s weird it can be the smallest things that makes me cry
When I got the corners report I was in bits still I’m now just so hard to process loosing her has took a bit of me I don’t drink I’m not letting my kids go through that
My little dog misses her too

1 Like

Hi that’s great your car passed MOT! Mine is due next week so I’ll need to call and book in, dreading it already I always have to pay out for it.
How are you all doing? I am feeling a bit emotional tonight. No snow here it was predicted to be heavy today, was worse yesterday.
I just wish I could sleep for a really long time and rest properly I don’t think I’ve slept right since my mum got sick.
I hope I get to dream of her again soon it’s been a while
Amy x

Hey Amy I know how you feel not being able to switch off go to sleep I’m always In flight mode got some medication off the gp
Sometimes it works sometimes it’ doesn’t
I’ve managed to do a bit painting today I got distracted lost consatration

Hi Amy, are you taking Berocca?, you can take it with antidepressants first thing in the morning and it helps repair nerves in the brain, it will also help you sleep.

Rest sleep and laughter are the best medicines, do you like comedy like fawlty towers,morecambe and wise, the two Ronnies?.(I said 4 handles not 4 candles!!) or Kendod and the diddy men(You went home in the light, his shows went on for hours) and at one theatre the staff wanted to lock up at night, the manager flung the keys onto the stage and told Ken to lock up afterward, the audience thought it was part of the act and loved it.

-3 hear Amy, its 05.15 in the morning, very little snow and it is possibly to cold for it, sorry you are feeling emotional, treat yourself to something that will make you laugh, it will do you good and Romy will probably enjoy it to, do things in your own time that lift your spirits and make you bond with Romy, a mother and daughter relationship is the strongest bond there is, and my gran was very possessive of my mum and my dad had a hard time when they first started courting!!.

Blessings to all.

Timxx

Hi Charyll, I swear by Berocca, take it in fruit juice first thing in the morning, I use it in conjunction with a SAD light(nothing sad about it!!) and I never have trouble sleeping at night, as long as I am warm and dry I can sleep anyware.

Your ant is in my prayers along with you and your girls.

Blessings top you.

Timxx

Hi Amy, I should have said, I was talking about the DVD sets regarding the comedies.

Enjoy your day.

Timxx

Hi Amy ,
I have had sleep problems too , I think it is getting a little better, I know we all keep recommending things but i just started taking Ashwaghanda , it’s herbal and seems to help, i know you take setraline so worth checking .
I have been having a lot of dreams about my Dad , he is with me in everyday life , giving me advice just as before .
I also had the bereavement counselling today - it was really good but hard going , The counsellors are really good.
She said I was doing a lot of the right things but it’s still so early .
Hope you are all doing as well as can be xx

1 Like

Hi Laura, they are most probably NOT dreams, you are probably astral connecting with your dad!, he is always with you.

Glad to know the bereavement counseling is going well, its hard going like a work out in the gym I know.

Hope your mum is better, blessings to all.

Timxx

1 Like

Astral dreams really ? I have never thought of myself as spiritual , I wish I was … you all seem to have a gift for it .

Yes the counselling was hard ! Revisiting difficult times . Will keep going with it . Xx

Hi Tim I had a very unsettled night last night I couldn’t shut down medication took no effect unfortanly that happens sometimes,with painting yesterday my wrist arm and shoulder blade are achy that’s off the soft tissue damage I have due to a car accident I did watch the bill all night something me mam loved to watch certain scenes made me cry the painting looks good

Hi Laura, we are all spiritual, it is the spirit that gives life to the flesh, the body is just a vehicle, your body is NOT you, not meaning to be impertinent Laura, the body will one day fail and die, but YOU AND I DON’T and neither has your dad.

Soul and spirit are indestructible and our present form is only part of our story.

Your dad walks in spirit with you every day, and as you have said yourself, still advises you as he always has, in that, you have your answer to your own question.

Keep going with the counseling, I know its difficult, but well worth it.

Blessings to all.

Timxx

Thanks Tim . That’s lovely . I do love your words of guidance and advice on these issues it helps so much ! xx
how are things at the Lakes ? x

Thanks Laura, I am only passing on what my own research tells me, I read a lot of books on the subject.

Its very cold tonight (-6) probably leave the heat on low overnight as I do not want any burst pipes.

How’s your mum and have you got the boroca yet?.

Blessings to all.

Timxxx

Good Tim , please keep doing so I like to learn .
The heating has been on most of the day and house is nice and warm now . Due to come on in the early hours .
Yes ! I got the berroca today ! Expensive isn’t it if you’re taking it long term .
Blessings xx

Hi Laura, Boroca is expensive, I got a packet of 6 for around £20 of Amazon and that was the cheapest, best part of 3 months supply and so much better then antidepressants.
I think you should find yourself a good medium, I think you will be serprised at what they can tell you about your dad!!.

Blessings

Timxx

Hi Charyll, may ask what medication are you on please?, if its antidepressants then it is quite important at what time of day you take it and some of them are stimulants and should be taken in the morning.

I take Borroca first thing in the morning with fruit juice after a setion on my rowing machine, I also use a SAD light for half an hour first thing and this rutean sets me up for the day and I find I always sleep at night.

Hope to send you some pictures on my plants around the house soon, I borrow a friends smart phone and send the pictures via my ruter.

take care and look after yourself and the girls.

Keep in touch.

Bllessings

Timxx

Hey lovely people I’m back again, life hasn’t been very nice to me for the past few days!

My heads been spiraling out of control with everyday stresses, and I am left wondering what the whole point to this is.

I seem to be crying over my Mum again, sometimes it just feels harder the more time passes.

Been worrying about my own health to, i have not felt healthy since she passed and no one is taking me seriously. It always gets brushed off as anxiety.

Maybe it is just anxiety but what ever the cause it’s not nice. I just want to feel normal again :frowning:

Hi Tim I’m on 50mg amitriptyline and venlalic xl 150 mg
There for depression anxiety one of them is a muscle relaxer as I’ve got soft tissue damage neck shoulder arms haven’t really had the best of time
Having a brain scan done after may the court cast my memories haven’t come back I suffer with pstd I’m a nervous wreck my stalker also planted 7 listening devices in my house in the plug sockets it’s shocking
Can’t wait to your plants

Oh my gosh that sounds awful :disappointed:

Hi Jess , it really is a
Rollercoaster isn’t it . :pensive:
Anxiety can cause you to feel really ill . Have the doc checked your chest and things ? I’ve just had a well woman health check thing I was surprised that it all came back fine as I feel awful too !
Sorry you’re going through it again . Any more thoughts on
Going back on sertraline ? Xx

1 Like