Best ways to cope with loss of mother

Gonna go for a work tomorrow try and clear my head I feel so closed off I’ve been ignoring my
Phone just
Want to sit on
Me own try and get through it

Know what you mean about ignoring the phone, I have disconnected before today,
idea of a walk is a good one, be sure to wrap up well from the cold and watch for hazards under foot.

Hi Jess
I totally get the anger feeling. I think it’s possibly a common thing when going through grief? Anger at the world, anger they’ve left you, anger at yourself for not doing enough, anger at others for not understanding how we feel. Definitely practice some calming techniques or find a way to help yourself calm down when you feel it coming on, like removing yourself from the situation and thinking of something that makes you happy. I get impulsive feelings and thoughts sometimes I am sure we all do, and I try to just allow myself to calm down before I say or do something.
With time it will all become easier, it’ll never be the same but I think you’re struggling so much with the feelings too because you’re not where you want to be in life. Which is so understandable, being in a position or job you don’t like causes so much stress even when you’re not there. I think once you’re doing something you like or are out of the situation you’re in currently your intense feelings might shift a bit. I know it’s not the best advice ever! I just hope you can look forward and know that at some point you’ll be in a better place and with that, your emotions will also become calmer. And in time your mind and body will accept that your mum isn’t physically here anymore, it is a tough thing to accept but once we accept we can move forward. Your mum would want you to enjoy your life, and she is still with you and I hope you remember that
Amy x

Not been to the allotment Tim but we are setting seeds .
Hope to grow . Cauliflower (already set) broccoli, runner beans , sweetcorn, beetroot , onions , leeks and of course potatoes . Rhubarb and raspberries . Watch this (long ) space !!

Hay Laura, thats real agriculture!!, I bet you know a grate deal about growing crops and if we ever have to dig for victory again I can see you teaching others how to do it, I suppose you have to sore different crops at different times of the year, how do you go on for pest like slugs etc?.

Timxx

Hi Amy, wonderful advice as always if I may say so and it applies to most of us and not just Jess, we all know what it is to feel are lives are stuck in second gear and I worked a dead end factory job for 12 years feeding metal into a guilatean, and such jobs do cause stress, even when not there, before that I made false teeth.
Non of us wanted are present situations re our mothers, but passing is part of the cycle of life and we have to make the best of it and were I live so many people live alone, eventually when things are sorted I intend to get a pet and considering a long haired churrera like Jess has, or a cat, anyone any recommendations please?.

Timxx

1 Like

Hi Charyll, thats a buitifal thing you have done for your mum, did you make that?,

Tim

My friend got me the plaque I put me mams picture in it is beautiful
How are you today

How are you Charyll?,
plaque is lovely.
I am not at my best today, just feel a bit depressed and its probably the weather, have you had your walk yet?.

Intend to put some more insulation paper in my snug later if I feel up to it, see how I feel.

Gail blowing up, I was intending to go out tomorrow to church then on to sis-in-law for lunch but see what tomorrow brings, if it is bad I will stay in.

Enjoy your weekend, wrap up well if going out and keep warm,dry and safe.

Timxx

Hi
We have sown cauliflower in a propagator at my mums and they have sprouted today !
Next we will do Brussels … I am honestly learning as I go . Mum knows a lot as she has helped Dad for years and years .

As for a pet , I am biased but a cat would be great for you . I love cats .
A dog however would get you out the house as it would need daily walks maybe twice. .i’ve never had a dog but they are a massive commitment and need to be trained . Jess may be better to answer on the dog.

Do you live near a busy road ? Or even a road. . I never let my cat out the front and I keep her indoors at night as that’s when things tend to go wrong - getting run over and fighting … so I would suggest you do that too if you get a feline friend . You won’t regret it x

Hi
Sounds grate about the cauliflower sprouting already, must be very hardy and like cold weather.
I am seriously considering a mogee, I live on a very quite estate for the retired, but I will probably improve the fence at the back and give it a run there, really looking for an indoor lap cat, a very friendly mogee, not sure I will always be mobile with my bad knee, so a dog would not be good for me.

Thanks Laura.

Timx

I finished my painting today haven’t been for the walk yet I’ll be going soon
Hope you feel better soon Tim

Always feel better for talking to you, it appears Michael is ok, I was under the impression she was in trouble, when you ask a woman ‘Do you need anything?’ and she comes back ‘I don’t know’ it usually means ‘need help’ but shes fine.

Jack requires walking of course, so you have to go out what ever the weather.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

Timxx

That sounds good . It will be lovely to get one … you could try a shelter. ?

Thanks Laura, get the house sorted I will.

Hi Tim, think a cat will definitely be your best option. Such good company and you can give it a nice life too. Dogs are great but a lot of work whereas cats are a bit more independent and don’t need taken walks so can’t pull you over
Amy x

1 Like

Look how cute they are !

2 Likes

Laura, thankyou so much for that, adorable, does he like to be with you?, does he like your company, years ago my gran had a cat, when she went to clean upstairs every monday morning it would leave the fireside rug and go upstairs with her.

It’s a she - Meg. It’s odd they love to be around their owners…but they like their independence too .
Meg walks from room to room depending how cold it is . I would recommend a female as they don’t wander xx

Your cat will love you I know it will x