Best ways to cope with loss of mother

Hi Charyll, sis-in-laws dog Ruby does NOT like this weather and refuses walkies, straight out to the back garden and back, so let nature take its course!!, cannot say I blame her!!!.

Wind getting up again so no fun in that, stay warm, stay safe.

Blessing to all.

Timxx

The allotment is ok . Been to collect the last of the Brussels - my Dad actually
Planted those last year so it was the last of his crop . Sad. .
Lots of herbs that are year round so that’s good .
I will replant everything and we have already started setting seeds .
More wind tonight . I really don’t think the wind and rain is helping the low mood and tiredness .
It’s good that you have got to the bottom
Of the knee problem.

Hope all is ok with you . Take care. X

Jack doesn’t mind the weather he just loves being out he’s wrapped up warm loves the beach in the summer

Hi Laura.

The knees are much better, will know after a month on my rowing machine if it is a fix.
Last of your dads crop, but not the last of your dad who is with you all the time.

See if you can get your son interested in cultivating crops, it will be good for him and he will help you.

The weather is doing NOTHING to raise my spirits, even sis-in-laws dog is depressed and wants to stay in, don’;t blame her!!

Hope your mum is ok, still going to the coffee mornings?.

Blessings to all.

Timxx

Good for jack, something to be said for a dogs life!.

PS.Thanks for ‘upvoting’ my post the other day.

Love Timxx

That’s ok Tim , my son isn’t interested in growing anything yet but my nieces are older and they are getting involved . So it’s nice Dad’s grandkids are helping us . It’s a family affair now !
Coffee mornings are only once a month unfortunately but I will take Mum to the next one . They have a book sale there so I will take some old ones for them to sell on .
Keep warm and out of this horrid wind . Once it passes maybe our moods will improve . Fingers crossed . Keep on the berrocca . I am !
Xx

Hi Laura, just a thought, most churches have a coffee morning once a week(usually a Wednesday)
My lunch group meets only once a month (second Tuesday) I always have fish and chips.
Glad you are sticking to the berrocca, is your mum on it to?, my dentist was quite pleased when I told them I was on it.

Your nieces will proberbly have green fingers!.

Blessings to all including your moggi.

Timxx

yes I could look at another church as once a month isn’t often but Mum knows a couple of the ladies at this one .
Been busy working today -at home thankfully and also doing school run and shopping etc. I am still really tired and achey. I’m trying to get lots of rest in the evenings as the days are busy.
The world doesn’t stop does it - i feel like it has but just got to keep on keeping on .
How have you been ? wind has died down at least
xx

Good evening Laura, lovely to hear from you and sorry you are so tired(prehaps comes with being a full time mum on top of everything else, I should not think you have a
minute to yourself all day.
Some photographs of plants tonight, and Ruby.

Blessings to all.

Timxx

I can’t wait for the better weather! I’m starting to get cabin fever i have hardly been out
I would love to get a cat but my collie would be unpredictable so it’s not fair to get one at the moment, will definitely get one when I am older
Hope you’re all doing ok tonight, Amy x

Hi Laura

Things do keep going on which is disheartening but also good as it forces us to keep moving and doing things. At least we are keeping busy. Sometimes just getting through each day is an achievement of its own. I am glad things keep moving as like I said it forces us to keep going. I was working from home today too, back in on Friday if the trains are back on. They were all cancelled with scotrail on Monday due to the storm

Amy xx

Ahh lovely pics , Ruby is lovely. How have you been today ? I’ve been working - finished now and ready for a day off tomorrow . xx

That’s true Amy , sometimes just feels it’s too much , but like you say it’s important to keep on isn’t it . How have you been ?
xx

I feel like life is too much right now, I wish I could be left alone to deal with my grief sometimes.

But I guess the show must go on! Someone recently lost their mum at work (after new year) and is already coming back tomorrow and I’m left wondering how that’s even possible.

Maybe she prefers to keep herself busy but I’ve even had family members who have lost loved ones and they seemed to have got on with it just fine and I always wonder how they cope better than me.

Even my Grandma is telling me I need to learn to cope with it and get over it now but I can’t seem to, I just miss my Mum so much and don’t want to go through this anymore and want her to come back.

No matter what I do I cannot stop replaying the day I found out over and over and she is my first and last thought of every single day. I actually think this is me for the rest of my life now! Sorry to be such a downer :pleading_face:

1 Like

That’s ok . We have down days don’t we - we all have them .
I think it’s normal to replay things as well .
Have you thought about counselling anymore as it won’t fix anything but you can talk in a safe space and not feel like you can’t say certain things .
It’s still really early days … don’t be too hard on yourself . You’re going through one of the worst things you can do and you are only young and people need to respect that . Xx

I’m just having such an hard time accepting it you know. I don’t understand that though because I know she isn’t coming back. I’m confused!

How have you been today? X

Hi Laura, slowly getting on, had trouble all day with my laptop, account needed resetting.
Went to my Nutcase nurse this morning, he did NOT know there are 16 types of grief until I told him!
Enjoy your day off, not sure what the weather will be, getting us all down.

Hope your mum and family ok and you are still taking the berocca.

Time for bed.

Blessings to all

Timxx
Time for bed

Jess, it is quite understandable, and life can be such a downer, you are going through the darkest days of your life, i am more then a year on and I still get very depressed some days, and as I have said, to be the only one greaving, is a very lonely place and NOT for the faint hearted, I have no magic wond for this and neither does anyone else, and sometimes we have to work through these things ourselves but I do agree when you say you need time and space to greave and I suspect you may not have not been given that, if you wish to be alone that should be respected.

Timxx

Good evening, how is everyone?