Best ways to cope with loss of mother

You sound like me, I told mum day she died I’d see her later, I spoke to her many times about her visiting me when she passed and I reminded her not to worry about visiting when she she passed.
I do cry at random times and I think people don’t understand sometimes how people deal with losing someone they loved.
I’m sure my mum’s been to let me know she ok.

2 Likes

I said that too, I said it’s not goodbye it’s see you later and she nodded, all she could do at the end, I said I miss you will you miss me she nodded, and I said my last question is will you wait for me whenever you’re going next and she nodded a lot harder that time. The night she passed I had gone to hospital they called me at 8pm and by 8:05 she’d died, but I didn’t know til I got there about 8:15.
My boyfriend stayed home with our daughter and he said she was crying for me, then around 8:30 calmed down out of nowhere, sat up and said ‘bye bye Babby’ (my mum was Barbara) and went to sleep after that. I think my mum went to see her granddaughter that night, no one can change my mind on that. She now says ‘granny up’ and points to the sky or ceiling, we’ve not mentioned she’s passed, my daughters only just turned 2 in December, so quite young and I hope she sees the things I can’t.
It is definitely see you later and not goodbye, we will reunite with them when it’s our time to go. It’s quite a nice thought for me to know when it is my time, I’ll hopefully see my mum waiting to collect me like I’ve just been at school and it’s time to go home :white_heart:

3 Likes

That’s lovely Amy xxx
Sad news for me - my aunty passed away suddenly this morning .
I am numb at the moment and worried how my mum will cope - it was her sister . she has only lost Dad 6 months ago . Love to you all xx

Hi Laura, you will feel numb for know, you are in shock as will be your mum.

Try to spend as much time with your mum as you can and if she wants to encourage her to talk, it will be good for both of you.

Look after yourselves, remember, small steps, its a huge set back I know, life is so unfair, and sometimes takes no account for our personal circumstances.

Blessings to all and may God be with you and your mum.

Timxx

So sorry to read this Laura :frowning: hope you are able to spend a lot of time with your mum can only imagine how tough this must be on you both x

Sorry for your loss Laura I haven’t been on for a few days o just get lost in me own little world
Sending blessings

Thanks all , yes I’ve been with Mum a lot . I usually am but will prepare meals as well
For her etc this week to make things easier . Hope you are all as well as can be expected xx

1 Like

Siorry to read your news x

Hi Amy and Tinks, what’s your agenda and how is life treating you?.
Timxx

Thank you for that . Very sad times at the moment .
X

1 Like

How are you and your mum tonight Laura?, not a grate question I know, do you need anything?.

Timxx

Hi Tim , my Mum is a little better today . I have kept busy . I am ok I think . How are you ? Have you got Ruby ? X

Hi Laura, yes, I’ve got Ruby.

So sorry about the terrible time you are having.
Keep an eye on your mum, I’m sure you are doing.

Any concerns ask the doctor to call round and same goes for you, my mum JUST beat me to it, they came close to carrying me out and one more week they probably would have done, its often the carer who gives out first.

Blessings to all.

Tim xx

Hi Tim, I’ve been alright. How are you? Just working and trying to keep busy. Still have moments where I am dumbstruck that my mum is gone, but for the most part, accepting and still able to feel grateful for what I do have, so I think I’m moving in the right direction.
Amy x

I am ok Tim, dealing with it better than I expected , Mum seems to be doing ok today considering .
What have you been up to ?
xx

Hi Amy, how is life treating you?.
From what you are saying, you are slowly moving towards acceptance, and that, is a good place.

Grief is a turmoil within, it really does make changes to the brain, and much of our grief journeys, is to do with are coming to terms with ourselves over are loss.

Only YOU will know when you get there, your grief journey being unique to you because of your own metal/physical DNA, your unique experiences, life style and memories, you will know when acceptance comes, you will be able to think of your
mum with happy memories, but WITHOUT feeling grief, and with a sense of calm, gratitude and peace, peace with the memories of your mum, and peace with yourself, and when you reach that happy stage, you have completed your grief journey, and are in a much better place.

Blessings to all, good to know you are feeling better Amy.

Tim xx

Sounds more like the old Laura already, you are stronger then you think you are.
Keep an eye on your mum and make sure you both take the Boroko. you both need it.

Got a cold today, the weather is dark, cold and wild, me and Ruby went back to bed!,

Will probably work on my snug during the night for a bit, got NOTHING done today other then an email to you, Jess and Amy and a SHORT walk with the dog, Ruby wanted to come back, so we did (that dog is not stupid)

Keep your pecker up, another funeral I know, may I ask what age was your ant?.

Be as kind to yourself as you possibly can be, earlier advise of last communication still applies, don’t hesitate if in any doubt.

Blessings to you and your mum Laura.

Tim xx

Yes maybe I am .
I’ve been to some very dark dark places since July .
I am glad you and ruby have had a snuggly day .
I’ve had car trouble . Luckily I am getting a new one on Saturday . This one has been good but it’s on its last legs !
Thanks for checking on me . Hope everyone is ok x

OK Laura, I know a thing or two about dark places, and my mum passing in my arms nearly put me in a mental hospital.

Sorry you have had car trouble, there comes a point to part with them and my Nissan is some 25 years old, but still good condition.

Don’t be hard on yourself, I get the feeling you are being.

You and your mum are in my prayers.

Tim xx

Hi Tim
Forgot to say my Aunt was 78 - she had dementia but she died suddenly of heart failure Sunday morning .
Mum seems ok at the moment - another funeral to come though…
I am getting my brothers car on Sunday and he will be having my Dads VW van , makes sense for us all and Dad’s van will still be out and about which will be nice. How have you been ?

xx