Best ways to cope with loss of mother

Hi Tim ,
Thanks yes it was a comfort to have a dream like that .
I am not making the funeral arrangements - that is my cousin- her daughter . I have had enough of that for a while .
The snug sounds good and I’m glad
You got out today and had a walk without pain .
How is the candle making going ?
I have a mountain bike . I like near a canal
so I go whizzing along there only for a half hour or so .
I will keep plodding on. Hopefully there are brighter days ahead !
Xx

Hi Laura, the bike ride sounds good, and if the sun is shining just what the doctor ordered.

Lets hope for better days!.

Tim XX

Hi Tim
I hope it was it’s mate we did put the nest box out for it so maybe they’ll move in.
Remember I said I had that sad dream about my mum saying there’s nothing on the other side (which would make no sense as if there was nothing how would she be talking to me) well I had another a couple of nights ago and she said she meant there’s nothing much to do, she’s bored and I asked her what she can do and she said there’s alot of learning she has to do. So hopefully that was really her coming back to let me know what she meant, and that she’s maybe just feeling a bit lonely. I can imagine knowing all your loved ones are still alive and going through their journey without you must be quite painful
Amy x

1 Like

Hi Amy

Lets hope it is indeed a Mr and Mrs Robin, (NOT Mr &Mr or Miss Miss!!!) it happens, even in nature and penguins are prone to it!!)

If they move in you might be able to set up a webcam and watch them come and go, Romy might have some little play mates in the spring and all young children love little birds and nature.

What you say of what your mum said does to some extent tie in with what Lisa Williams said in her book ‘survival of the soul’.

There is apparently an awful lot of learning to do when we leave the earth plane(I hope it is NOT like university ware you get penalised for late assignments, because that would be so crap!!) and it may be your mum was not one to like learning, does not mean she was not clever and sometimes it is sensible to learn only what we need to, and THAT, is a form of wisdom in its self, and learning on a NEED TO KNOW BASES is often more productive. ie, your average welder does not need to know the technical ins and outs of his/her (these days, and girls make good welders)welding machine, just to know how to use it to get the best results.

I am puzzled as to why she feels lonely?, I thought she would have been with her parents and others who have gone before her, but she is probably missing you and Romy, and also your boyfriend and other relatives as well, and she gave Romy an extra special farewell, and probably Romy’s first enduring memory that she will remember for ever.

I have the fault of wanting to know the ins and outs of everything, and way more then I need to(because I find it interesting) but it leads to procrastination and slow progress.

I recall the dean of Humberside University saying how he wanted to turn us all into life long learners, I thought to myself it will take a life time and more to know it all.

Always good to hear from you Amy, hope I have been able to shine some light regarding your mum, but what makes you think it was a dream?, you may well have astral travelled, and the fact you remember past events connected with your mum and Romy during these ‘dreams’ suggest to me that you probably did, and you really have connected with your mum, but I do hope she does not want you so much as to make you leave the earth plane early, you have your life to live, and a job to do, and that is to be a mum to Romy, SHE, must be your first concern, your dad and boyfriend need you too, you are effectively the head of your family, they would be both lost without you.

Blessings to all.

Tim xx

1 Like

Way too many beliefs about the afterlife it makes my head hurt lol

Mediums have said to me that we don’t feel any negative emotions on the other side but who knows. Yet another medium said my mum misses me, so confusing! But why would they miss us when they’re supposedly around us all the time?

That’s interesting that your dream carried on though Amy!

I had a dream the other night where I was getting married to my other half and I asked my mum to do my hair and she complained about it :thinking: it was like she was still here so definitely don’t think that was a true visitation!

I’m still waiting for a dream where I’m absolutely convinced that she visited me,sighhh I ask every night :frowning:

Since I started going to the development circle I’ve dreamt of all sorts so hoping one day I’ll make that connection with my mum!

Here is Mrs Robin yesterday!

2 Likes

Hi Jess
I love your Mrs Robin!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: and thanks so much for sharing it, it lifts everyone’s spirits(while still on the earth plane!!)

I am sorry to say Jess yoy are just going to have to be patient, your mum will come to you when both she and you are ready for it, and while you say that mediums have told you your mum misses you, its rather interesting that Amy has had a similar experience with her mum telling her she was lonely out of the earth plane and a lot of things to learn in the after life.

They miss us in the sense that while they are around us and can see and hear us, they cannot usually interact with us, at least not with out expending a huge amount of energy and to much interaction with us holds them back in the afterlife,its like watching David Attenborough on the box, you can see and hear him, but cannot ask him direct questions and get a reply from him like in normal conversation, to be able to interact we have to astral travel to them, and that is only when we sleep and the soul can leave the body.

I know mediums say there are no negative emotions in the afterlife, I am sure we will all have ‘bad hair’ days in the afterlife just as we do on the earth plane, and if anyone thinks the next life will be plain sailing without its challenges then they are probably deluded and life with out its challenges would actually be very boring, we need to achieve and over come IN ORDER TO GROW, that is the fundamental nature of our being and gives us the zest for life and makes us get up in the morning and has been so since early man discovered fire and found he could use torches to chase wooly mammoths over cliffs, know we go to Tesco and have home delivery, not as much fun, but easier for those of us with jerryatric knees like me!!.

Jess, the fact that you pass on DOES NOT change your personality, and your mum will still be your mum, a man known for his bad temper past on, the wife asked a medium to make contact with him, the medium commented on his bad temper during the contact, she found him very irritating and abrasive just as his wife did (did he make grinding wheels in life?)

I think you will find as many varied characters in the afterlife as you do on the earth plane, and like dogs, they are not all friendly, and will give you more then just a friendly nip if you let them, and look on it the other way, this life is probably preparation for the next, and I say learn all you can, it will help you in the next life and you need to understand higher level maths before you can tackle calculus.

Your best place to connect with your mum is the development circle, I think the mention of the wet leggings is pretty well proof Jess, how much proof do you need?, start believing what you hear and see.

Ruby(little doggy!!) gone back home tonight, I am feeling moderat grief, probably have her back next week, I am feeling pretential anticipatory joy.

Blessings to all :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Tim xx

1 Like

Lol just had a funny thought my Mums family name is Robinson!

I am not saying that I don’t believe in the afterlife, it’s just that the whole subject seems to baffle my little mind!

A medium once said that my mum could be my daughter in my next life or we could be sisters ect. I didn’t like the sound of that cause I couldnt imagine her being anyone else to me really.

I guess it doesn’t or won’t make sense until we actually get there :woman_shrugging:

I got a flashing cat ball that goes off when it’s moved which hasn’t gone off since I got it but tonight it’s been flashing like crazy! Was told to get one so that spirit can let me know that they’re around so it suprised me when it went off as I had sort of given up on it!

I’ve been looking into photography, I need to look into all the best cameras and softwares and things like that. I think I’d enjoy photography in my spare time and who knows I could turn it into a profession one day🤷‍♀️ a lot have commented on how good my photos are that I take on my phone so why not turn that talent into something good?

These things usually happen when you aren’t expecting it doesn’t they !
Photography sounds a great idea , you’ll get a lot out of it .
How’s work been ? X

1 Like

I have been on annual leave this week so not been too bad :rofl:

I kicked off on my last day though cause one of the carers took a bowl of beans out from the fridge and emptied it onto another plate and added the bowl on top of my washing up, I was annoyed but let it go and then she stuffed her beans down her throat and added that plate on. I said are you actually taking the P! I’ve had it up to here with people taking me for a mug at work. The size of the washing up is absolutely ridiculous without them adding to it! So selfish and ignorant especially when there’s another sink they could do it at!

I’m also having issues with my neighbours! It’s getting me really down now cause I feel too old for it and have been and still going through more than enough to play pathetic little games. The woman next door is old enough to know better! Think I’m going to report her for harassment if she carries on!

It’s that bad me and my partner have said that’s enough and are now looking for somewhere else to live. I mean why are people so nasty these days?

I have actually got a friend that does photography, so prehaps I should ask her for some advice!

Jess, just the way you are coming over shows you are rebuilding your life, and is MUCH more positive then it was before, but dont think off yourself as a ‘little’ mind, you are just as capable as any of us and your photography is outstanding and that is a talent you should develop, the late Prince Philip would have loved your pictures, he was into photography himself and you would be a natural with animals and children.

There is a post on youtube called ‘this happens when we die, the most detailed NDE’ and is a NDE special, there is no death, we merely cross back over to WARE WE CAME FROM, and its very strange in that many years ago when people were told they were passing would talk off ‘being called home’ they may have been much closer to the truth then they could have imagined, it appears we may not be from earth at all, perhaps WE are the aliens?, but as you said, it wont make sense until we get there, and it is the case that the more we know, the more we realise we don’t know, and that is a fundamental part of the learning process and I never would have guessed that the passing of my twin and mum would have led to my developing an interest in grief science, spiritualism, clairvoyance and then after life.

Try watching the youtube program I have given you, takes over an hour and stiff listening but worth it.

This flashing cat ball sounds interesting, is this a photoelectric device that flashes if anything moves near it?, please tell me more.

Keep up the photography :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Blessings to all.

Tim xx

Hi Laura and how are you today?.
Did you get out on your bike, and how is the weather?.
Passed a mile stone tonight, me and sis in ,law had dinner in the snug!, not finished yet, but it was warm with the blower on and it was nice to use the sofa!
Ruby gone home tonight, I am feeling moderet grief, probably back next week, giving me prospective anticipatory joy.
Hope you and your mum ok, keep a close eye on her and keep her warm with cups of tea.

Blessings to all.

Tim xx

Hi Larwa.

Thanks for 'liking 'my post, how are you and your mum today and what’s the weather like?.

Spent the day dealing with paper work and fed up with it, dark day and not much sun.

Tidiest part of the house is my nearly finished snug (send photo when finished) tomorrow put up book shelves.

Anymore work on the allotment?, perhaps to busy at the moment, you probably don’t stop from the moment you start the day till last thing at night.

My mum was always on the go even when young and I suspect your dad was the same, going to dancing classes, rehearsing plays with her school friends, reading books (taught herself to read by 4) and busy helping her mum at home.

She was dusting the sideboards at 11 o’clock on Sunday the 3rd of September 1939
when Chamberlin announced the country was at war with Germany, she was ten, her mum weped at the news.

Has son played any more Rugby yet?, he’s got better knees then I have, mine are just about down to the rivets!!.

Probably collect little dog on Monday on way back from hospital and have her all next week.

Blessings to all. :crazy_face:

Tim xx

Hello all , I managed to get out on my bike today - the sun was shining and I rode along the trail that my Dad used to go on his . He also grew up near where I live now and was always around on his bike rides .
So today off I went and I wore his yellow cycling glasses he always wore . I’m sure I looked ridiculous .
I sat on the bench he used to sit on for a while and a butterfly flew round me for a while . I know it was a bit milder today but they aren’t really out yet ! I took that as a sign. I thought I would be upset but I was comforted . I’m glad I waited till now to go and I felt he was riding with me or I was riding for him . I don’t know … anyway that was today !
Took mum to coffee morning yesterday and I hope to get to the allotment now the weather is milder !
Hope you are all doing as well as can be .

View from the bench :butterfly:

1 Like

Hi Laura, sutch a positive post and lovely picture, thanks very much, I am sure from your tone your dad rode with you today and is proud of the way you are holding things together with grate resilience and fortitude.

The ride will have done you good as well and your mum will be better for her coffee morning.

Blessings to all including the cat. :smirk_cat:

Tim xx

Hi Amy, just another consideration, apparently time travels much more slowly in the next life(1 month can be about 10 earth years, so are loved ones don’t have to wait around too long before we join them(relatively speaking)

Tim x

Thank you Tim that is a lovely message
I hope I did actually meet her, but it would be like my mum to be lonely, like you said she’ll be missing me and Romy and everyone else. But seen the Robin again today when I got home from work that really cheered me up :slight_smile: like it was waiting for me to come home
I think afterlife would be like that- a lot of learning lessons about the choices we made, learning more about ourselves etc. it would be interesting but I suppose some people or souls get tied to others and want their company more than anything else?
Amy x

Hello Amy, no hard feelings I hope, are you better today and how was work?.

Before you were born, your mum wanted you so very much, so much so that as you grew up she almost came to regard you as part of herself, as her soul mate, that, is intense love Amy.

Your mum would have hated it had you moved away from home, I suspect hardly a day went by in your life without her seeing you.

She is probably still craving your company,as she visited Romy shortly after passing I am sure she will have checked in on you as well, but unlike Romy (who can see shorter wavelengths of light) you will not have been able to see her. so the form she will have taken when Romy saw her will have been that of a 3 dimensional hologram, we have recently learnt about this technology, it will soon replace the projector and soon the cinamar will actually be a 3d hologram show and it will look like characters on a stage in a theatre. and ware you sit will give you a different view just as in real life, ask Romy if she sore her gran in colour.

But we are not holograms in the afterlife, I am sure it is just as physical as this world
only more so, and we will all undergo a life review and go over the choices we made and didn’t make, and we will feel the torment we brought others (rather more for me then you I think Amy, cant imagine you tormenting anyone, quite the reverse) and the joy we bought others(I am sure you win hands down there)

My mum was the same, her mum, who was equally lucky to have her having lost the first baby (a boy that breathed once and died) was very possessive, and my dad had a hard time of it when they first started courting!, my gran was very definite and so was my mum, in by nine o’clock at night and no hanky-panky hows your father!.

I guess your mum is still missing you as much as you are missing her, you must both be patient, unlike me, you have a role in life and that is to be a mum, you, are the matriark.

We are learning about ourselves all the time, and losing our parents is the final stage of growing up, I have learnt a considerable amount about myself over the last couple of years(both before and after my mums passing) and while it has left me mentally ill, I am not mentally impaired, and like you, I am now more resilient and mentally tougher then before, and that is a good thing.

Glad Mr Robin is still around, please keep me updated, hopefully he will be nesting with his mate in the house you have given him and Romy will have some play mates in the spring, see if Mr Robin will eat out of her hand.

Blessings to all, I hope your health is improving :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Tim xx

2 Likes

Evening Tim! How have you been today? Have you been up to much, I’ve been getting stressed at work lol nothing new :woman_shrugging:

I find some of the old feelings from the early days of my mums passing are coming back up back to surface. When will this turmoil end? I don’t think it ever will!

It seems a lot think I should be over it now but at the end of the day she was my mum who I still love more than anything in the world! Prehaps it’s down to them never losing anyone before or they didn’t have the same love that me and my mum had together! The latter seems horrible but I guess it happens.

Laura told me that she so a butterfly yesterday which is a bit strange for this time of year! I then told her not to tell me what sort it was so I could see if I could see the image in my head, well I got the name wrong but we ended up sending a similar image of a butterfly at the same time! And guess what, whilst it wasn’t spot on it had a resemblance and was the same colours. Safe to say that blew our minds a bit lol.

1 Like

Hi Jess, so sorry to hear you are feeling stressed.
The sooner you start work for yourself as a photographer and ditch your present situation the better you will feel, make that your goal for this year.

They say if we love what we do, we never work a day, and the secret to happiness in life is to find work we love to do.

I have said before, i think you would be a natural working with dogs, cats, ponies and children, your work is excellent from what you have put on the site.

As you have said yourself, you have complex grief, and unfortunately that is one of the most difficult types, not allowed to give you medical advise and only you know how you feel, but stressful situations are NOT good for you, that much I can say.

Grief is the price we pay for love, and you were obviously very close to your mum as we all were or we would not be on this site, and sadly nothing can bring our mums back and while they walk with us in spirit its not the same as when we could talk to them and share a cup of tea, sadly we have to accept that…for know.

Sounds like you have a media connection with Laura over a butterfly, possibly a bit of clairvoyant communication?, we all have that ability, she told me once she does not see herself as a spiritual person, I replied we are all spiritual.

Blessings to all, spend the anniversary with your gran, she is greaving for a daughter.

Tim xx :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: