Best ways to cope with loss of mother

Oh I’ve had very good and convincing readings and I’m doing well in the development circle.

I just think when I am having a hard time with the grieving that makes me question whether it is real sometimes it feels like it’s just too good to be true at times but i have a lot of interesting things happen to me since I joined the circle but cause of how I am sometimes with my scepticism I question it lol

Apparently we all have the ability to communicate with spirits it’s all about tapping into it.

I honestly dont know why I doubt it at times but that’s grief for you I suppose and with me they’ll always be that what if its not real moment from time to time.

I live with my partner who I’ve been with for 14 years and if it wasn’t for him I’d be in a much worse place. He’s been my absolute rock and has been the only person around me to fully understand me.

I still have my grandma with me who has also lost her daughter so my heart also breaks for her. It is so hard at times and I worry about losing her as I know that day will come one day and I always imagined me and my mum would be there for each other when it came to it but obviously that was never meant to be x

2 Likes

Hi Amy. Im so sorry you have lost your mum. I lost my mum nearly 2 weeks ago. She had been deteriorating lots this last year with most of it spent in hospital. We didnt think she would even make it to a nursing home as she was so complex in her care. She wasnt able to go home. I finalised her home move. Sorted all the bills, pension, finance before she left hospital before she passed away. Packed everything up from nursing home only yesterday. She was looked after so well for just under two months there. I feel very lost now doing nothing. We spoke or saw each other everyday as before her hospital stay ( and many over the years) i looked after and ran her whole house. Shopping. Bills. Everything as she was not computer literate and could use phone. Each day i seem to feel it more even though im so grateful i was with her non-stop for days before she passed and with her at the end, and she is no longer in great pain. I miss her phone calls asking for random things like mince pies in june! I go to chapel and read to her still. She will be laid to rest shortly. Little things hurts so much. Amy i dont know you obviously but can only offer you a virtual hug and wish you lots of very happy memories. The closness with your mum can never be taken away. I believe i have had signs too but maybe its wishful thinking. Xxx

1 Like

Thanks Tim, my dad would refuse anti depressants I know that already without even broaching the subject with him but if his unhappiness continues I will talk to him about it.
I do have work but only two days a week and the rest of the week we do spend most of our time together usually so he won’t be alone too much. Plus we have our dog she keeps him busy :white_heart:
He actually joked about what you mentioned that the spouse often dies soon after, but I know he was saying it in jest as he would want to stay here and make sure I’m okay.
Like you said you and your mum were like a couple he said the same about him and his mum, she was a single mum and it was just them for a very long time til he met my mum. And he always remained close with his mum til the end as did my mum, my mum is now buried with his mum so just shows how close they all were, she didn’t want buried with her own family she wanted to be with his mum, and him in time as he will be the third and last in their plot.
Gives me shivers even thinking about him going too but reading you’ve seen your mum and had messages from her your dad and brother gives me hope. I was at the pharmacy today I’ve been given some medication to help me with my anxiousness just now, and out the corner of my eye I spotted a robin broach and earrings, and I was compelled to buy them. Put the broach on my backpack and the earrings straight in. Got home went out the back to put a nappy in the bin (ew!) and what do I see, a little robin watching me. Stood there for a few moments and spoke to it then blew it a kiss and it flew away. I’ve never noticed a robin around our garden before, and my first sympathy card was a robin with a message saying when a robin is appears your loved one is near. I shrugged it off but the next morning sat in the garden and a robin came and sat infront of me just staring at me. Gives me some hope that maybe it’s a little sign that my mum is still here. I truly feel she’d come back to this house if she wanted to be anywhere I know this is the place for her :white_heart:

1 Like

Thanks Emily, big hugs to you too. The funeral brought it all back for me, I’d I think repressed it all a bit until that day. My mums funeral was just over two weeks after her passing. I spent the time before mostly watching movies and distracting myself keeping busy with my daughter, I’m doing much the same now. I don’t know if what I’m doing is wrong but it is helping me get through each day and we have all our lives to think about what happened I think I almost try to compartmentalise it when i should probably sit and think about what happened more. However probably much like you, you had a long time to see what was happening, I had 7 weeks before my mum passed seeing her struggle in hospital and I think I had anticipatory grief as I cried myself to sleep every night she was in hospital anticipating her end. I don’t know if or when this will get easier and you’ll always miss your mums calls as will I, but I just know time is a healer and over time, sadly we may become used to not hearing them the way we used to. Please keep faith that she is likely still with you right now and hoping she could tell her girl she’s okay and to tell you to keep going :white_heart:
The way I’ve been trying to see things is this happens to all of us really, whether we be 33 or 63 when we lose our mums, it happens to us all some day. Unless the child goes first which I think would be a worse fate. Please stay strong and keep busy any way you can, even just getting out a walk and talking to your mum she will hear you. Lots of love Amy x

2 Likes

Jess, I think you are further down the road with clairvoyants then I am and possibly well on the way to becoming a clervoyant yourself, most of them cut there teeth giving readings to people in spiritualist churches that are often freezing in winter and they do not even get there travel expenses, those that make it can make a good living and for the really established £80 a session is not uncommon, but only the very few can make that money, my clairvoyant is usually very busy and I have seen her only once, she is reputed to be one of the best in the world and works in Southport, you are lucky in your partner being very supportive, perhaps he has some clairvoyant tendencies, (I know I do) it seems more prevalent in women then men who are usually better at communication skills, do not doubt what you are learning, it IS real, and just because science cannot explain something does not mean it does not exist, the romans thought the gods were angry in a thunder storm, know science can explain what a thunder storm is, we still do not know exactly what electricity is but we all use it, but maybe the ancients had that too(the Bagdad battery) I think it was used for electroplating, it as amazing what the ancients knew, you still have your gran but not your mum, saddest thing is for a parent to outlive there child, my twin brother past before my mother by some 18 months, in that period I lost the two most important people in my life so I do feel a bit fed up, I do not have a partner and live alone, I have a sister in law near by and we sometimes visit each other and a niece in Southport, a grate niece and a grate nephew, and that is my saterlight family, all my own family are out of the batting and have moved onto the grate pavilion, were you and I will go when are time comes and be reunited with those who have gone before, my mother exclaimed ‘O dear’ when I explained this, probably does not want to see her grand mother again!! , I shall leave you with that interesting thought and wish you a good evening.

Tim

2 Likes

Hi Amy, your father clearly still knows his own mind, that is good, hopefully his depression will start to lift and he will improve, that will help you as well, clearly you have a very strong bond with your father and that is good, you need each other at this time, the first 3 months are usually the worst after a bereavement, you have probably been given calming medication(sometimes used to help people sleep) are you and your father eating know?, drink regularly as well but avoid alcohol, I know you are feeling anxious about your father, you seem to be encouraging him to talk and that is the best thing you can do, but watch if he decides to take to his bed, and refuses food and drink, that is a sign that depression is setting in and if you have any concerns at all call the doctor, perhaps he should be taking what you are taking, anti depresants are last resort, they take a week to ten days to start working and can have side effects or even be addictive(I was offered them but refused) push on if you possibly can, sometimes in life you just have to pick up the bren gun and start firing,I like what you said about the Robin,I like robins too, not seen many just were I am, I suppose I should be feeding the birds in the cold weather so maybe get a bird feeder and see what turns up.I am sure your mum will still be around in spirit form, they do not go far in the first weeks and I am sure her spirit walks with you every day, I regularly get messages from my mother, the other day I was messing with some masking tape on something and she came through to me with ‘What you need’s a george’ a george is used to create a straight line when painting, it was the perfect solution, I ‘hear’ her voice in the back of my mind, its not audible, but its there.

Love and blessings Amy, look after yourself and family, they both need you.

Tim

1 Like

Not intending to but in Amy, young children can often see things that adults cannot, the fact she said good night to your mother proves she is still in the house in spirit form.
Tim

1 Like

Hi Amy. Thank you so much for your lovely words. You are very right. I kept telling my husband i had already prepared for my mum going and greaved as she had been ill for so long. Shed been bed bound completely for nearly 10 years and was only in her mid 70’s. Still hits you like a freight train, though. Your daughter and lovely partner will help heal your pain. My daughter and hubby have already been so kind. Im so sorry youve lost your mum so young. Im older so it seems more right if that makes sense. I never really believed in the afterlife but am conforted by some strange things that happened immediately in her room after she passed witnessed by others and a sign since. Keep being strong and yes day to day routine is good but allow time to yourself to just sit and grieve and remember without guilt. Its important to let your feelings out. I wish you every happiness going forward. Thank you so much for replying to me. It meant a lot. I’ve never been part of a forum before. Xxxx

1 Like

Morning Tim, although I have got most things right I often put it down to lucky guesses cause it genuinely feels like it comes from my own mind but I spoke to the circle leader about this and she said that’s how it works/starts.

I’ve been going for a couple of months now and have started seeing things especially when I’m at work (I work in a care home) one time I was on my break and I caught someone in my side view, looked properly and they were no one there :woman_shrugging: but then I so them in my mind it was a woman wearing a white dress. I thought I was imaging it so I didn’t really ask who she was.

Again I was washing up at work and a man appeared right in front of me and because I wasn’t expecting it I jumped a mile. Thank god no one was there to see me act like that! He disappeared as soon as I jumped. I told the circle leader and she said he’d have vanished due to scaring me as that’s the last thing they want.

Another time I was sweeping my garden and I so a man leaning on my gate watching me, of course he wasn’t really there.

I’m either opening up or I’m losing the plot lol I do see my mum in my mind at times and think she’s answering me back but it is hard knowing if it is actually her cause it could just be wishful thinking.

But a lot of mediums I know have to go to other mediums for readings as apparently it is harder to connect with your own unfortunately.

As for making money I’m honestly not attending circle for that reason. Initially I joined to banish my scepticism but how lovely it would be to provide other people with comfort that their loved ones are in fact okay and watching over them!

My strongest clair seems to be feeling at the moment, I often get shivers (like energy flowing through my body) and the leader thinks the more I develop I’ll be able to sense whether it’s feminine or muscline energy.

It’s funny really because I still question it at times. I seem to question it more when the grief wave hits me the hardest as I wonder what if it’s all in my head after all.

1 Like

Hi Jess, what you say makes sense, I am sure my mother woke me up the night after her passing(she slapped my face!!) and I remember images of seeing her walking quickly around the room(she was not pleased with something, possibly the state of the house, my clairvoyant made no mention of this but she had only passed some 32 hours before)let me recommend a book, its called 'WHEN SPIRIT CALLS…YOU ANSWER,and is by Brenda Diskin PhD M.Msc, very highly qualified, it is a step by step beginner’s guide to Psychic and Mediumship self development and I think it will help you, I would also like the opinion of both yourself and your tutor if possible please, I am interested in clairvoyance and it is something I have just taken up when I realised my mother was communicating with me from ‘the other side’ so to speak and I would like to develop it, my clarevoyant got into it when her brother past on when she was young and she kept seeing him appear in front off her together with an old man who appeared to be reading a book, said he always looked very happy, i must say I have heard no complaints from the other side yet, and no one comes back with bad language or the ‘f’ word, not allowed, there are rules to be obeyed even in the next life, (presumably no tax returns to fill in) but we probably have to give an account for ourselves in this life ware our honesty and integrity is examined, we will also be reunited with our loved ones who have gone before us and the time scale is very different, if people die as children and they manifest themselves in a visible form like the people who appeared in front of you at work they are always as children, 50 years in this life is possibly only 5 minutes in the next, some one I knew had a grand mother who was married to a white star captain (a friend of Smith of the Titanic no less!!) he drowned in a boat coming ashore, at that moment he appeared to his wife in full uniform, make of that what you will and just because science dose not have an answer does not mean that something does not exist, some are taking this subject seriusly at last, Trenchard Dowding(the CinC of RAF fighter command, Battle of Britain no less) did a lot of research into this subject, could talk with the dead, and helped guide dead RAF pilots in the next life, I cannot think of any one with higher integrity, he never made anything up, boasted, bad mouthed, or lost his temper(accept load Beaverbrook who promised him 300 spitfires by next week, Dowding snapped back ‘Meanwhile the Luftwaffe are bombing my airfields!!’
I shall leave you with that thought, I would like to learn what Dowding found out about the next life, he was a genius of a man who did other things beside creating the chain home defence and the roof over England and without his contribution we would be typing in German at the very least, not that I have anything against the Germans, the ones I have met appear very nice, hope you are having a better day.
Happy psychic hunting, nothing to fear and nothing to loose, its a fascinating subject and I love it.
Love and blessings

Tim

1 Like

Thanks so much Emily :white_heart:I also haven’t been part of a forum before but I’m amazed at all the kind replies I’ve had I found out about this through Instagram it popped up on my feed and thought I’d write how I was feeling and I’m so glad I did
my partner has been great, and my baby too. I do feel lucky to have them. He understands as much as he can he didn’t know his mum as she left but his gran helped raise him and he lost her young and he said he felt then like he lost his mum. So he does understand my feelings and I’ve told him it won’t ever go away I feel like even when I’m an old lady myself I’ll still be thinking about her, but perhaps as we get older and closer to our own fate then it might be a comfort to know they’re there waiting for us. I am trying to sit with my feelings but at the same time it hurts so much and maybe my coping mechanism is trying to refocus on anything else. I don’t know I suppose it’s just whatever I find to get me through the day.
You mentioned about afterlife and obviously I have no idea as there’s no tangible evidence and there likely never will be, I think that’s how it should be life is supposed to be a mystery no one knows what we’re here for. My daughter who was 21 months when my mum passed and only says hello or goodbye to people when she sees them, said goodbye to my mum 30 minutes after her passing. I haven’t brought her up much to her since, tonight I asked her where’s gran and she has her other gran too, well she answered ‘Babby gone, Babby gone, bye bye Babby’ so she definitely knows that my mum has passed. How would a baby even know that? She’s said Hi Babby (my mums name is Barbara and my baby called her Babby). We weren’t even mentioning my mum. When she said goodbye the night she passed, I was at the hospital with her body. My boyfriend told me when I got home, she had been crying her eyes out then said that and settled to sleep. I just think there’s way more to life than what we can see. We won’t ever really know for sure but I plan to see a clairvoyant or spiritualist at some point next year with my cousin who wants to take me, my cousin was here a lot when we were young and got on very well with my mum so she’s hopeful that we could connect with her by doing something like that together.
Just remember when you’re down I bet our mums are standing right beside us wishing they could tell us it’s all okay. It’s just a feeling but that’s how I’ve felt this whole time. :white_heart:
Amy

2 Likes

Thanks Tim and you can but in any time! I asked my baby tonight where her gran is, and she answered ‘Babby gone Babby gone, bye bye Babby’ so I believe she knows. There’s no way she would have that comprehension of death yet? We haven’t been talking loads about it infront of her, the night she passed and me and my father got home she was sound asleep and we did most of our talking about it well into the wee hours that evening. I believe she must have seen her once or maybe more. Makes me feel a bit better as it makes me think she is here or at least visited that night. And all the other wee signs I’ve had, I just can’t put it down to coincidence. Definitely will be visiting a clairvoyant or spiritualist at some point.
Amy x

Hi Amy. Thank you so much for you lovely reply again. I think in time id like to see someone who maybe able to feel things about my mum too. I remember my nephew aged 2 laughing and giggling in a room staring up at the wall. My sister in law died aged 20. He was chuckling away at an empty wall. Maybe there is something there like your daughter feels. I’ve found great comfort in talking to you and being a part of this forum. May it bring us comfort in the months to come. Xxx

I have to say speaking to mediums did really help comfort me. My only advice is to to do your research beforehand as some aren’t legit and feed off your grief and give the most generic readings.

I know that I swing from beliving then disbelieving but I must admit that I believe more than I disbelieve as I’ve had way too many coincidences to brush off in all honesty.

I think when I go through bouts of disbelieving is due to how bad I am riding the grief wave. I worry it’s all make believe and there’s nothing after here.

It just wouldn’t make sense though if there’s nothing, I mean all that love, their very essense just disappearing, nah what a waste that would be.

2 Likes

Hi Amy, thanks for that,just a point, children have been found to be the most reliable witnesses, they don’t embellish what they see, they just tell it as they see it, I think you can take it as read she has seen your mother post passing, hopefully one day soon science will be brought to bare on this subject and clairvoyance will receive the series scientific study it deserves and not be regarded as some cracary, a lot of foreign police forces(most in Europe) use clairvoyants regulerly to assist investigations and usually to good effect, it is not publicly spoken about, but they do use them, why the secrecy?. hope you have had a better day, it is just this week I have started to move towards acceptance since my mothers passing, but I was not just greaving, I was physically exhausted and was suffering a form of ptsd, my health was not good but is know improving, I go for two walks a day with a heavy haversack and that seems to have helped and my over all fitness has improved, get out into the fresh air with your dad and go for walks together, it will do you the power of good.

love and blessings to you.

Tim

1 Like

Hi Jess, I can not over emphasise the importance of using a genurin medium or clairvoyant, unless they have an international reputation GIVE THEM A WIDE BERTH, those who have such a reputation have been in the industry for many years and have built there reputation ON RESALTS, if people come from all over the world to see them then you know you are in good hands, my clairvoyant is international, people come to her from Japan and all over, she has worked in the industry for 35 years, and knows what she is doing, take care, I know I talk a lot about clairvoyants, but I only use the best and there is as yet no regulatory body to my knowledge that oversees there practice or reviews there work like the general medical council for doctors, or the law society for solicitors, it is basically unregulated which I think is wrong because it can be cracery in the hands of some people,. I suggest a good test is to ask them about a living relative and see what comes up, if they come out with a load of gibberish you know is untrue then you know you are dealing with a charlatan at best and at worst a tinker, Harry Houdini went to a so called clairvoyant after his mother past, and quickly realised he was dealing with a charlatan,
I am a 100% believer that we go on after this world, I am also aware that not all mediums are genurin, stick to those with a long established reputation who are and you are in safe hands.
Tim

I have been to the best mediums in my area but beforehand I did a lot of research and I’m so glad that I did because I wasn’t disappointed but I know of people who have been to ones who haven’t been great!

You mentioned something about me asking my tutor about something but I’m not sure what you wanted to ask? You may have mentioned it so I do apologise if you did!

I once ordered something called a letter from heaven from a good medium and that didn’t disappoint! It was just like my mum had written it.

I think with me sometimes is that I expect too much like before I go to see a medium I’ll speak with my mum beforehand and hope that she’ll mention something I spoke to her about but it never seems to happen. But they’ll talk to me about things they shouldn’t know anyway.

They’ve already said that energy can’t be destroyed and that’s exactly what we are energy :woman_shrugging:

Thanks Tim I am so glad to read you are feeling better this week! That’s brilliant news. We got out today together which was nice it’s very cold here in Scotland now but still dry at least. My daughter likes going out even in the rain so I am always dragged out the door everyday rain or shine. Which is good for me as if it were up to me I doubt I’d go out half as much. Today in the living room when we were home my daughter started saying the same thing over and over out of nowhere, Babby gone. I think you’re right children see more than we do and she has an understanding that her gran is ‘gone’ from this life at least. There’s no way she’d know… one of my cousins told me when her grandad died, she kept his ashes in her daughters wardrobe (sorry if I’ve wrote this before) her kid was 3 and kept saying grandad was hiding in her wardrobe! She hadn’t spoke to her daughter much about his passing and she had no idea the ashes were in her wardrobe. It gives me a lot of comfort that kids can see these things, there’s definitely hope that our mums are still around somewhere :white_heart:
Even though you’re feeling better know I always appreciate your messages and pop in any time when you want to. Although I understand coming into these forums can sometimes bring thoughts and feelings back to your mind and if you’re wanting to step back a bit from that I completely understand. Always here if you fancy a chat. Take care of yourself you’ve helped me more than you know!
Amy x

Thanks Jess I will make sure I try and find someone with a good reputation. I think my cousin is more looking into this and she might choose where we go. But if it’s not a great one I can always pick another next time as I don’t think I’d just go once I might go back every so often.
Hope you’re okay today x
Amy

I’ll warn you it can get very addictive it just seems to help me so much when I’ve been able to speak to my mum. Just annoying not being able to do it myself.

I’ve struggled today I went to do a bit of shopping in town and I ended up going in costa and found myself reflecting and just felt so so alone :frowning: and since then I’ve just felt so sad again.

The truth is, none of my friend have really reached out to me since and it makes me feel worse. I just wish they’d think about what I’m going through and would reach out to me.

I get that they probably don’t know what to do or say but it would be nice if they included me on their outings or simply messaged me from time to time.

I know I have my partner but I can’t keep going on at him. I struggle the most when he’s on his 2 till 10 shift though!

Sorry to be so morbid! Hope you’re feeling okay!

2 Likes