Best ways to cope with loss of mother

Wow I can’t believe my work, there’s no compassion what so ever, they’re brutal, cause I rang in they’ve put it down as emergency leave unpaid and wrote down ‘partners Grandma passed away’ but unpaid seriously? And they call themselves the kind company, I was going to go back today but after that stunt I’m going to have today off as well because like I’m not going through enough without their nonsense!

This sounds grossly unfair Jess, and you would have been treated better if you had just rung in sick, and the sooner you find something else or work for yourself at something the better.

A fresh start is what you need, it will give you a new interest and that will help you recover, but I think your primary concern is for yourself and your family, life has taken a wrecking ball to you, and sometimes life does and no one has any answers for that.

Be strong Jess, we are all hear for you :heart:

Tim xx

The guilt took over and I’m here unfortunately but that’s gave me the final push to concentrate more on finding something else!

That’s the problem with employers these days they lack compassion and just see you as a number and don’t care about any of their staff so long as the job is done, the working world has never sat right with me, it’s about time things changed but I doubt they ever will :woman_shrugging:

I’ve also been told to stop being so miserable by a collegue, maybe I should have told them why I’m like I am today, people need to butt out when they don’t know peoples circumstances!

Jess, you have nothing to feel guilty about, you cannot control what has happened either to your family or to yourself.

The world of work is often not a good place for many of us, and I know what it is to be exploited, and frankly sometimes the best thing about that situation is the door out of it, and I have been ill because of work related circumstances.

Pity about your colleague isn’t it? (sarcasm) would not surprise me if she is not another moaning mimeo(war time slang for air raid siren) certain people in a certain country would be sacred.

Photography appears to be what you are good at, find something for yourself doing that, you can probably get books from Amazon about developing a hobby into a business.

Laugh at this idea if you wish (lol), if you can do hair dressing you can do dog grooming, there is a women near to me who collects peoples dogs, takes them to her home in Fluckburough , grooms them and brings them back.

Give it some thought and discuss it with your partner.

Blessings to all :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Tim xx

Lol funny you should mention grooming as that’s something else I was interested in exploring but there’s not any courses near me sadly and the person who told me to stop being so miserable was a bloke! But i don’t think many people know the situation I’m in, I’ve just turned bitter towards other but sadly that’s part of grieving apparently!

Just feel like too much is happening at once and wondering when something good will actually happen for once.

Still having trouble with my neighbour parking across my drive, yesterday she parked that close she was preventing pedestrians from crossing as my drive is in front of a crossing, but i so a man hit her car out of rage lol because he had his children with him and had to walk in the road to cross and I know I shouldn’t have found it funny but I did!

No Jess, that was NOT funny, I deplore the actions of thoughtless drivers who put others, pedestrians, and particularly children at whisk(they are smaller and harder to see) and I hope he reports her to the police and she gets done for obstruction, and that should be the case.
I
It is an offence under the highway code to wilfully obstruct a pedestrian crossing and to park within the zone of the zigzag lines, she is liable to be up before the beaks, a fine, points on her licence, and if the police were to give her an eye test and she fail it they have to power to cancel her licence ON THE SPOT without referring to the courts, so make sure you can read a car number plate at MORE then 67 feet, that is the test they use, and if you are driving and unable to do that then you (or any other driver) are committing an offence.(sorry, I know this sounds like a lecture on road safety and law and order, but that’s the way it is)

The fact that a bloke criticised you for being miserable is worse then ever and is borderline harassment, I would not have done that, this appears to be the nature of the workplace, it brings out the worst in people and it starts from the top, and if the boss causes a bad atmosphere then it percolates downwards rather like inside a coffee percolator (NOT TALKING ABOUT FLATULANCE, BUT THAT CAN BE AN ISSUE AS WELL)

You DO NOT need formal qualifications to be a dog groomer, just make sure you use the correct shampoos that are ph. neutral and created for dogs and cats and will not sting there eyes, there is probably stuff on YouTube that will help you get started and not much equipment is required, you could offer a grooming service at home ware you work with the client in there own home and that way is probably easier because the dog is in its usual environment with its owner and will be much less stressed, you will no dough make a lot of friends as well along the way, both upright and Quadro pod (2 legged and 4 legged)

How is your partner and his mum coping?, his mum is probably in a worse state and has had a particularly bad experience, and how are you?, keep each other close and don’t forget your gran, she may be greaving too.

Blessings to all Jess, you and your family are having a very hard time, sorry I can only offer sympathy and people can be so thoughtless and life can be so cruel, and while we all have our cross to bear yours is a particularly heavy one, but you must remain strong for the sake of your family.

I hope your mood lifts as winter turns to spring, it gets warmer and the days lengthen, but its cold tonight and going colder at the end of the month, lets hope this is winters last fling. :smiley:

Tim xx

No no no you misunderstood, I found it funny that the man hit my neighbours car because he was mad at it being in the way, my neighbour was causing obstruction just to get at us.

She has been parking across our drive for weeks now and since we have been trying to ignore her she started parking even more closer to our gate on the drive, it’s hard to explain but our drive is between a crossing so people need to walk past our drive to cross the road but she had parked it that close the other day no one could get past and it ended up angering someone, the reason it made me laugh was cause it was karma.

The thing is we are worried people will think we are the ones causing the obstruction seen as it’s parked across OUR drive, honestly we are so sick of her pettiness now. Have enough going on without silly little people playing childish games.

I assumed I needed qualifications to become a dog groomer as in my understanding it’s not as simple as washing and cutting them as I’m guessing you may need to learn about dogs temperaments and how to handle different personalities ect I think I’d feel better myself taking Dobby to someone who’s actually qualified in all honesty.

My partner is trying to be okay he keeps telling me when I ask how he is, his mum been talking to me a lot, probably because I’ve been through it, I’ve told her I’m there if he needs any advice ect.

I think it’s hit the family harder this time because they didn’t expect it, they got a warning with my partners Grandad! Well he ended up being diagnosed with alziames and one day went into hospital but never returned home, he didn’t pass with that though, it was copd that took him in the end and I think they had time to prepare for it then. His Grandma passed out of the blue but personally I think she may have been suffering from a broken heart. She had lost her husband just a year ago! It’s so sad yet being me comfort knowing they’re together again x

Hi Jess, the spirits tell me you are really a lovely person and just doing your best in a very difficult situation, and offering support to your partners mum is a good move and perhaps the one good thing out of this situation is relationships between you and your partners mum can only improve.

Your nabour for her thoughtless action should be reported, there is an anonymous number you can use to report these things and from what you say she is infantile and childish and deserves to forfeit her licence, the fly in the ointment to that is she will always be at home to harass you, and this comes back to the ‘sease and desist’ order I suggested to you.

Some people are just antisocial and like Baddyboy Putin,are not happy unless they are causing trouble for others, probably no one has ever said ‘no’ to her and she
may well have a personality disorder of a medical nature(I am being kind here) I just hope her behaviour does not cause people to blame you, the world is full of danger as simpletons and education is skin deep and sometimes frankly not even that.

You are probably correct when you say she died from a broken heart, and certain types of grief in old people really can do that, they just give up, and if old people live alone this is more likely after the death of a close loved one, grief can be a very dangeras thing, it kills thousands of old people every year, and sometimes even younger people have there health seriously affected by it (like most of us on this site) and its clinical implications should not be under estimated.

So grooming’s not for you, ok, it was just a thought, I have got my add in offering domestic cleaning and home care and looking to start making candles, I have got my first shipment of soy wax and hope to start production in the not to distant future, be good to make them in winter in the snug(nice warm job for winter) and considering an air B&B for the summer.

Blessings to all Jess, take care and all the best, keep your head what ever happens, you need to be strong know.

Tim xx :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hello Laura, and how are you today?.
I hope you and your family are having a restful weekend and you have a bit of sun like hear.

It is still very cold, your allotment ground may be frozen hard.
Might or might not be having Ruby next week, will find out tonight.

Had a pancake for lunch, cannot remember what I had before that.(unhealthy?)

Having chicken casserole tonight with all the vedge.(healthy)

Working on the door frame of my snug today, the end while a bit off is in site, will be lovely to have it finished. Will send pictures when it is.

Look after yourself and your mum Laura, stay strong :heart:

Tim xx

Hi Tim ,
The sun is out today and I got
To the allotment and did some digging and weeding . Took Mum too and it did us good. .
I’m making a chicken dinner now .
It’s cold here too .
Yes please send pics when finished .

@Jess1 how are you and you partner doing ?
Love to all x

Hello, not that great to be honest, got my mums passing anniversary coming up next week and I just feel so sad for my partner and his family. It was only just over a year ago they were moaning his Grandad it seems so unfair!

I feel kind of hopeless because I’m still down about losing my Mum, and I feel so strange, like I’m living one big nightmare, I just want to wake up :pensive:

How are you and your mum doing?

How are you today Tim?

Hi Laura.

Glad you and your mum are getting on with it and enjoying some late Feb sun and fresh air, just what the doctor ordered.

Making chicken dinner too?, just had my slow cooked chicken casserole with all the vedge, followed by a banana.

No Ruby tonight, sis in law back at home.

Pics will be sent when snug finished.

Blessings to all, enjoy your dinner and your evening.

Tim xx :crazy_face:

Jess you poor thing, I suggest you all stay together and have a meal out some ware on the anniversary, if you take a day off you take a day off, just throw a sicky, in a certain country your boss would be sacred lol!! :roll_eyes:

I am sorry I have no words for what has happened to your family, keep an eye on everyone and watch your partner and his mum, she has had the worst of it, and her mum passing in her arms is probably the most traumatic event of her life.

Also take care of you, give yourself time, you might be better taking the next week of anyway, you and your family are far more important then your job, and you are in shock and probably need a rest.

No Ruby tonight, sis-in-law back, worked on snug most of day.

Blessings to all. :slightly_smiling_face:

Tim xx

Hey Tim unfortunately I can’t afford to take more time off but I am going to ask to cut my half a day so I’m there less, I’m just at my Grandmas, took more photos of the robin, thought you’d like to see as these are my best yet

2 Likes

Hi Jess, you should exabit your work, nature mags would pay good money for pictures like this.

Build a photo portfolio for yourself, not joking Jess, these are of national Geographic quality.

Going to use the third on my screen saver, love the way you have caught the picture, something has got his interest.

Sorry you cannot afford more time off, but cutting your half day sounds sensible to me, seriously consider photography as a way out for you, its outstanding, was this just on your phone?.

Hope your gran is well, thanks for the pictures and blessings to all :star_struck:

Tim xx

Thank you, yes I took them off my phone, imagine how good they’d be with a proper good camera! Not to blow my own trumpet but I am quite proud I managed to capture it. I was throwing mealworms to get it’s attention lol maybe one day they’ll be a photo of it on my hand lol :laughing:

My Gran seems to be doing okay, but is sad for me and my partner!

Told me the robin appeared on the patio as soon as I text her with the sad news, really am starting to believe robins are definitely signs from the spirit realm!

Maybe I’ll send the photos I took today somewhere, I think they’d make lovely christmas cards or I could see them in a wildlife calendar of some sort!

Lovely pics Jess ! Xx

1 Like

Hi Jess
I’m so sorry to hear about your partners grandmothers passing. It can feel that way thinking ‘who’s next’ :frowning: can only say I’m so sorry. I wish your work was more understanding. It’s affecting you more right now because you’ve been through your own loss too. You’ll find the people in charge just don’t understand, one day they will.

With regards to the car, you can take photographs and report them. I’m not sure to who, I think your local council or perhaps the police. Parking should never obstruct driveways or force pedestrians onto the road. It also obstructs people in wheelchairs from using the pavement safely. So even if not for your sake, for others I’d look into reporting their parking.

So much is going on isn’t it and sometimes it’s a wonder how we’re still going on. I’ve been crying today just missing my mum. Sometimes it just hits me out of nowhere.

Love
Amy xxx

1 Like

Lovely to hear from you Amy! I’ve been taking photos and have reported her to the council, they don’t seem to be doing anything about it as of yet, but I keep hounding them. The thing is, it makes it look like it’s us being inconsiderate to pedestrians with it being across our drive! I don’t like the thought of children and elderly having to walk in the road in order to get past! A wheelchair or pram certainly woulsnt get through! The next plan is to go to the council office to show them the photos!

I am sorry you have been down today, but you are right it does hit you out of the blue doesn’t it.

I feel like I’ve hit my threshold and feel completely numb, just too much going on for me to think straight and it’s like I’ve switched off completely at the minute!

I am going to look into photography I think, even if it just turns into a hobby, I do enjoy taking photos of things!

Jess, its not how expensive the camera is, its how good the person is using it, do not make the mistake of thinking you need to invest in expensive equipment, you DO NOT, the quality of your work is a reflection of YOUR ability, and I bet you could teach your dad a thing or two when it comes to photography, you are turning out to be what I said you would be, a natural with animals and children, clearly Mr Robin was very much at ease with you, you obviously have that carming effect when you are in your element, put those pictures towards your portfolior so you can show them to clients, or even turn them into prints using a descent quality colour printer and put them in picture frames, people would pay money for that, you could sell them via ETCY or INSTAGRAM and get yourself a good reputation, you want people to ask you to come and photograph there pets, children, christenings, weddings, special events etc.

There is something special about robins, they do seem to be a link between this world and the next, and there is so much out there that we do not yet know.

Your pictures would look grate in a wildlife calendar, send them to BBC Countryfile, they just might be used in the colander.

Amy is going to a medium in June, I have asked does she do channelling?.

Blessings to all Jess, keep up the photography, it is pretentially your ticket out of bad bosses, bad colleagues, and into a new, and better life, and if you love what you do, you never work a day. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Tim xx