Best ways to cope with loss of mother

Do you know what you could do?

Order or make a sign and hang it outside your garden saying: ‘please keep our driveway clear, thank you’

Then, anyone else who passes by, will know it is not those living in the house who are blocking the drive? X

You could also invest in a security camera, you can get decent ones for a not bad price on Amazon. You could point it toward your drive: if you do this, you need to pop a sign up also saying recording is in operation. You’re allowed to film your own property and just outside it for security purposes. It might help make your neighbour think twice about parking outside your house x

Since we are sharing photos thought I’d share some of my favourites I’ve taken a few years ago on my camera :slight_smile: still love looking at these

2 Likes

Thanks Laura :white_heart: it’s nice to pop back on and see all the messages. Hope you are doing as well as you can right now.
Amy xx

Omg these are awesome! You’d be great doing photography to!
I already have security cameras up, I’ve been saving videos and pictures off that. Going to order a no parking sign also! Ideally I just want me and my partner to be left alone in peace, she is old enough to be our mum and she is bullying us, hopefully she will learn her lesson one day.

Good advise as always Amy, nice pics by the way, Gray squirrel feeding on nuts in winter, how close were youto take these pictures?.

I have a digital camera, must learn to use it and download the pictures onto pc, make that a job for the weekend.

Timx

Thanks Jess! I have a canon camera we got it in a pawn shop of all places and got it quite cheap, I love it. It’s not one of the big fancy ones either it’s quite small and plain looking camera but it is incredible.

Brilliant idea get the no parking sign this one is off Etsy and would be ideal

It’s sad isn’t it. Some people are just angry, it’s nothing to do with you personally.

Amy x

1 Like

Hi Laura and how is everyone tonight?.
Hopefully your mum ok, is son playing rugby again on wednesday?.
Had baken keach and Onion tonight, keach was from sis-in-law for looking after Ruby.

Tim x

Thanks Tim! These were taken at least 3 years ago in my dad’s back garden. Well my back garden now too! I have a canon camera and believe it or not these were all taken from within the house and a window between me and the squirrel! So it is a high quality camera.

What I do to get them on my phone is I downloaded the canon app (maybe get your niece to help you if there is an app for yours) then I put Bluetooth on and after a while they connected and I was able to transfer all the photos across to my phone! The other way would be to check what port your camera has, like it will hopefully have a part you can put a cable in. You’d want one part to be able to fit the camera port of course then the other side of the cable to fit into your computer usb port. Then you would be able to transfer the photos from camera to computer. Hope this makes sense! Amy x

Also when you write to the council next, advise how many times you’ve written them (for example 6 times) ‘this is the sixth time I’m writing to advise of this issue, and I have a record of all of the times I have communicated this issue to you. I do not feel you are taking this matter seriously at all, and would like the name and contact information to take this matter further now’

That will hopefully wake them up to help you x

Thanks Amy, that camera must have a grate zoom on it!!, (Japanese of course) I have a system ware I remove the chip from my camera and put it into a card reader that I connect to my pc, its a cumbersome way of doing it and may be youtube can give me a better way of doing it, I did not grow up with the technology so I am a bit rusty at using it, I am trying to get into the 20th century before the end of the 21st century :crazy_face:, as I said once, I belong in the 1950’s before the world went mad and became a wicked place. :persevere:

Just out of interest I have only ever taken one selfy, I was in Aviemore and I was 7, I held my cheep 35mm camera directly in front of me and snapped it, the result was a perfect picture of my face and you would not know I had taken it my self (it was black and white, this was 1967 and I was just a kid only 5 years older then Romy and for some reason I never did it again and the term ‘selfie’ had not been invented, it was a different age!!. non of you guys were even on the drawing board.

Tim x

That sounds like a decent way to transfer your photos! Whatever works for you and does the job!
True, my mum had barely any photos of herself growing up either. It’s crazy to think that none of us would have even been born yet!
Hope everyone slept well, I’ve been woken up at 7am by my daughter - not ideal but it is what it is!
Amy x

Bless you Amy and thanks for that, enjoy your day.

Timx

Lovely pics , I’m having a dip in mood again i’m afraid , Got to take my mum for laser eye surgery tomorrow and i have another funeral friday - My dad’s friend this time , I am ok but I have to go with my Mum , Everything just feels so sad and depressing ! I will keep popping on here to keep up to date with you all
xxx

Hello Laura and so sorry about this, it never rains but it pours (sorry, that sounds frivalas, not meaning to be) and there were many times I had to take my mother to and from hospital for various reasons before she became house bound.

Laser eye surgery these days is excellent and from what you say I am thinking retina detachment, Mrs T was one of the first to have this treatment more then 30 years ago and it was a very big deal then but common place know, your mum will probably see a grate improvement (literally).

Pics were not mine by the way, I am still struggling to connect my camera to my laptop to download the pictures, the pictures I have sent were from a friends phone.

Sorry you have yet another funeral to go to, plenty of them this time of year, but your dad passed in the summer.

Blessings to all

Tim xx

Blessings to all,

I wasn’t meaning an expensive one, just a decent one with good zoom really. And goodness so sorry to hear this @Laura8 I’m just wondering when we will all catch a break and actually have something good happening it’s about bloody time!

I am still contemplating cutting my half a day, I’m due at work in half an hour and to think if I decided sooner I’d have been off today lol

Just coming up to our fixed rate mortgage ending so it’s scary to take a pay cut at the moment! We are also considering moving and starting fresh again but of course that comes with a lot of expenses to x

1 Like

Jess, take your time, you need to consult your partner and you need each others support.
May I suggest you quietly start working as a photographer on your days off, consider advertising in a local mag or paper (I use a local mag) and consider chrisenings, weddings, special events, peoples pets, wild life pictures in there garden , stag, hen nights(be careful with the last two, usually people have had plenty of alcohol, plan your escape root!, recently Laura was at a Hen party but decided to get out of it (probably her dad telling her to go home) there was an almighty bust up just after she left, when girls go on the rampage only two things to do, run or duck!! :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

So just see if you can quietly start it, and offer photo print and framing services as well because that integrates well with the service you are offering and will make you look more professional and improve your profits.DON’T TELL ANYONE AT WORK JUST YET, keep your own council, others will be gelas, we will support and encourage your endeavors, but people in the work place might not and try to undermine your self belief.

Blessings to all. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Tim xx

Hi Laura, found something I think that is relevant to you.

When you feel down get out onto the allotment when ever you can.

Physical activity produces a brain chemical called BDNF or Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor and apparently this is really good for the brain and makes the neurons happier and healthier.

So getting out into the elements and working the allotment REALLY IS GOOD FOR YOU and will help you cope when you feel down.

Hope this helps.

Blessings to all :crazy_face:

Tim x

Thanks Tim , I will definitely do that . I went on Sunday and definitely felt better . I just have to get the next few days out the way then hopefully get back out there . It’s gone very cold again ! Luckily all out seeds are in mums conservatory!
How’s things with you ? X

Hello Laura, I am ok I suppose, sometimes I too feel a bit down but when I come upon what appears to be useful and relevant information I share it, that’s what grief academy is all about.
Good thing the seeds are all in your mums conservatory, when you plant them put them down at least 6 inches to protect from frost, best antidepressant is natures, get out as much as you can and particularly so if the sun is shining.(hope thats not medicle advise :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:!!!)

Have finally learnt how to download the memory card in my camera onto my laptop and its the long winded method of removing the card, placing it in a card reader and connecting in to a port on the laptop, I suspect you wirelessly send them from your phone to your modem, its like comparing muzzle loading cannon that went out not long after trafalga to a 20mm air cannon on a Spitfire (there is a Gatling gun of formidable power on the new A35 Lightening) but there we go and one day I will invest in a smart phone and learn to use it.

I am sick of this freezing weather and it is probably colder with me then you and Amy will be colder then both of us, I just want it to end and some warmer weather that will lift all our moods and blow away the winter blues, at least the day light hours are lengthening.

Blessings to all.

Tim xx