Best ways to cope with loss of mother

Hi all.

Think I have found something of interest on youtube concerning an NDE that happened to an atheist.

In Youtube type ‘Atheist died, saw the future, says we need to change one thing’

Takes half an hour, well worth watching, like to know what you think of it please.

Timx

Well guys I put the no parking sign up on my gates and guess what she completely ignored it! I also so her driving on the wrong side of the road to get to my drive and she turned her car around on the back street and parked the closest she has ever been behind my gate absolutely no room for anyone to get past now. She even drove fully onto the payment to reverse into it😳 she had a chuckle to herself when she got out as well, she is deranged! I no longer feel safe living here with her antics! Hopefully people will notice we put the sign up and know it isn’t us causing the obstruction!

I went to the police station today and they pretty much told me there’s nothing much I can do about her harassing us because we are both home owners and I’m better off ignoring her unless things escalate but we have been ignoring her for years!

They then got the neighbourhood police officer to speak to me and she gave me her mobile number and told me to contact her if she does it again and she will pretend she was patrolling the area and noticed her car and did an address check and it brought her to her address, I text her but she didn’t come, hoping she didn’t say that with no intention of actually coming.

I have also reported her to the highway, everyone who has seen how she has parked have said she is parking illegally.

I was really hoping the sign was enough to get her to stop but obviously I was wrong, I just want to be left in peace to grieve, absolute joke of a woman!

I’ve seen a lot of these stories and never know whether to believe them or not lol but interesting that a lot have similar experiences I don’t know really

Jess, regarding her parking and obstructing the pavement CAUSING people to walk in the road IS a criminal offence, get photographic evidence and take it to the nearest magistrates court in your area and address it to the Justices clark (my dads old job)
You should be able to send it to the courts via email, also send copy of same to your MP.
The police just do not want to know about parking matters between neighbours, but if her behaviour is impacting on members of the public and causing not only inconvenience but danger then they should be dealing with that, and that is there job because it is a public road and pavement.

If that man with children the other day had complained to the police then it would be a police matter, but because you are her neighbours and ‘both house owners’ they regard it as a neighbour dispute matter, that is mad, if it was private land it would be a different matter, but its not.

New powers are presently going through parliament ware repeat parking offenders such as your neighbor can have there cars seized.

You say she was chuckling?, she wouldn’t be chuckoling if I was her nabour I can promise you, I would immobilise her vehicle for one!!, I would have also be having some very intimidating words with her, but I am NOT suggesting you do that, follow the lines I have suggested for now.

Are you in England or scotland Jess, they have different laws(I know in Scotland you can be fine on the spot for riding on the pavement on a bicycle) and Amy will be able to tell you more about that, I think they are much stricter then we are.

Blessings to all, do what I have suggested for know, if the justices clark refers the matter to the police they will have to deal with it, he/she has that authority. :slightly_smiling_face:

Tim xx

@jess she sounds a complete nightmare, I’m still here just trying to get through this Crappy week ! X

Hello Laura, how did you and your mum get on with the laser surgery.?.

You sound fedup and pissed off and I don’t blame you, you have had more then your fair share of adversity and loss.

Anything anyone can do for you? :slightly_smiling_face:

Try to keep your chin up, life is hard I know, I am not well today and going back to bed, I think I have the flu, miner compared to your and everyone else’s troubles I know and I am lucky not to have bad nabours, I hope your neighbours are good, but I think jess is between a rock and a hard place just at the moment.

Hope things improve for all of us, I am fed up with the weather and really feel down.

Blessings to all

Tim x

HI , No Tim just being on here and reading all your messages helps enough but Thanks , Sorry you are feeling down too, do you have Ruby back? x

Hi, No Laura, no Ruby this week, (I am feeling ordinary or simple grief!) but on the other hand I am not up to coping at this moment with her, have just had 3 hours sleep but still feel like the flu so more hot tea and paracetamol I think along with a toasted sandwich and back to bed.

Sorry you have had a rotten day, life is like that at times and one way or another we are all ‘under the weather’ at the moment and Spring cannot come soon enough.

Hope you and your mum are ok.keep your chin up. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Tim xx

Wow guys I’ve had an eventful day, my neighbour parked across my drive again and came hammering on my door, and when I answered she said “that’s my car parked there” and I said “I know” and she asked me why I had put the no parking sign up, the absolute cheek, I then lost it with her and said “it’s my property i can do want and you are blocking pedestrians from crossing” and she made out she wasn’t doing anything wrong so I stated the highway code and then the insults came, she told me to get a job and I said I have one and then she said I’m never out of my pjs and I said I can do what ever the hell I want in my own home and I told her the police and council are involved and she laughed at me and said they won’t do anything and actually told me to grow up, I said that’s rich coming from you when it’s you who’s bullying people old enough to be your children, I then had it up to here with her and i flew out of my door and told her to get the f off my property, and she goes arh you a bit stressed love and I got right in her face and said get the f off my property, she then backed off and left the garden and locked the gate like a good little girl! Little does she know the police have told me they’re paying her a visit.

Also my friend who’s a community nurse was in the area which I didn’t know and so my neighbour parking across our drive and said she shouldn’t be doing that and there’s a keep clear sign, apparently she said “they’re my neighbours” and she replied saying “so they don’t want you parking there” and my neighbout called me and my partner retards and called my friend fat, that has really angered me how dare they call my friend. Sure there’s something in place for abuse towards nurses, if not there should be!

I just could do without all this stress, looks like I’m spending the night with anxiety!

Jess, In confronting you, on your territory, and she being in the wrong she is ASKING FOR IT. and while we have not met, I get the impression that I would not want to confront you.

After all this did she move her car?, as for harassing your nursing friend and calling you and your partner retards that is harassment and from what you say I recommend you, your partner, along with your nursing friend go to the police station together and make a joint complaint.

DO NOT FELL ANXIETY OVER THIS, go quietly into the night, and sleep the sleep of angels and wake not until the brake off day, go forth,be not afraid, for you will rule the day, and may it come to pass your enemies come last, and are swallowed up by space and time, and diminished until they river on the vine.

Take care Jess, :innocent:

Tim xx

Nope the police was meant to pay her a visit but of course they haven’t showed up and she is still parked there blocking the crossing. I have told the police what she called us all.

My fella was shocked at how I reacted he has never seen the real anger in me, he couldn’t even get a word out although he wanted to when she insulted me!

We’ve been offered a lifeline, my partners grandparents house has been given to his mum and she had told us we can move in there for the time being and told us to get the hour valued and also someone gave me the idea of renting our house out for extra income :thinking:

We don’t know how to feel about this because it feels slightly wrong but the house isn’t going anywhere, and it will give us breathing space and time to save x

House valued was meant to say x

Hopefully Jess you have put the fear of God into her and she will never bother you again, I would not have blamed you had you hit her.

Renting your own house out and moving into your partners mothers does sound a good way forward, and if you can get around £800 per colander month that should more then pay the mortgage as well as giving you a second income and at the same time keeps both houses in your family and if you can find good tenants they are worth there wait in rubies, an alternative (and a lot of land lords are doing this) they are running them as air B&B’s instead, the plus side is you get the profiles of prospective tenants first, another option is a luxury holiday let and if you live in a good tourist area then £800 a week during summer time should not be difficult and your neighbour will not have time to get to know them.

Lot to think off there Jess, might become a land lady, certainly an opportunity you should consider, do it so it benefits your partners mum as well.

Tim xx

Yes a lot to think about but need to attend his grans funeral before we make any decisions!

I was just getting myself off to bed and I heard my mums voice saying “now get to bed Jessica” was half way up the stairs and came to a halt when I heard it lol of course I’m wondering if I’m losing the plot and making it up but it was weird none the less!

Not weird at all Jess, she is with you always, and I think the gob full you gave your neighbor will have done you the world of good and she had it coming lol!! :laughing:

I should think your partner will see you in a different light and come to appreciate the steely side to you, he, would NOT have stood up to her like you did, I think YOU are the strong one of your family when the chips are down and more then make up for your dominium size, just you don’t always show it, but I think you will come to realise that yesterday was a turning point in your development, and that will make you more assertive.and you are finally throwing off that subconscious belief that you cannot amount to anything, a way that you had been conditioned to think off yourself through your school day experiences, and your experiences in early life.

As I have said, your grief journey will ultimately make you mentally stronger and more resilient and you will be able to cope with life better, and it is having that effect on all of us and that is good, and will help us move forward with our lives.

But remember, take each day as it comes, deal with what has to be dealt with, hold your loved ones close and work quietly on what you want to achieve, set yourself one task for each day that concerns just you and what you want to do, you are at a crossroads in your life,keep an open mind as to opportunities, both for you and your partner, and NEVER let anyone make you feel inadequate.

You probably left school with no qualifications other then to read,write, the queens English(then) and basic arithmetic, as I did, I am dyslexic and in the 70’s they had no idea about this, and public school was NOT the place for me, and when you are young if teachers tell you you are incapable then you believe it BECAUSE YOU KNOW NO BETTER and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy, but even my dad admitted I knew something about geometry,

So many of us were damaged by an education system, who’s purpose was as much to subjugate and control as to empower, that certainly applied to public schools, and I look back on those days with bitterness and hatred.

OK, enough about me, concentrate on you, deal with the funeral first then let the dust settle, hopefully your neighbor will leave you alone for know if she has any sense, she is really asking for what ever you do to her if she doesn’t but well done for standing up to her and I would have loved to have seen you do it!!! :star_struck:

Blessings to all, may peace be with you and your family.

Tim xx

I have reported her for harrassment and the police officer I spoke to took me very seriously and gave me a log number and has also put a marker on my address and if she knocks on again I’ve to dial 999!

I told the police officer about all the insults she threw and she called her cheeky and I said funny thing is I’m at work right now whilst speaking to you and she said some people :joy:

I am really not well today at all because of her and it just isn’t on, I will get her for it don’t you worry. I am also considering ringing the job centre she works at and sharing what their employee is like pretty sure she shouldn’t be telling people to get a job in that manor!

I am also waiting for the council to go and check her parking, really got my fingers crossed they end up towing her car, ha that would give me satisfaction.

I also told the police that she said the police won’t care or bother coming out and she replied saying oh believe me we will get it sorted.

I ended up in a deep depression last night though and missing my Mum loads again. I just long to have a cuddle from her, after all she’d have been there for me if she was still here!

Hello Jess and how are you today?, ok,forgive me for sounding old fashioned.
I am putting on my legal hat.

Regarding your neighbour, you need just 2 things from her.

For her to park her car with CONSIDERATION for others.

And the second is to leave yourself, and your family alone.

Those 2 things would make a grate improvement to your quality of life.

Just remember, if she is taken to court, you will probably be called to give evidence, and have to take an oath, you will be expected to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.should it reach crown court not only will you have to take an oath but it is highly likely that you will be cross examined by council for the defence, and believe me, anything they can find to rake up they will, and they will probably target Dobby for barking, or her claim of your house causing her damp, the defence will clutch at anything they possibly can to make there client look good, and you look bad.

Our legal system is adversarial, that’s just the way it is, so be careful what you wish for and be prepared for what might happen, I am just for warning you of what may come, harassment is both a very series offence and a very series allegation, and I am sorry to say THE BURDEN OF PROOF LIES WITH THE PLAINTIFF, the plaintiff is yourself.

Make sure the events of the past 48 hours have been properly recorded, and I recommend you write down EVERTHING properly in detail, it is the best prepared case that wins, and contrary to what most people think, some 95% of legal work takes place out of court.

If I were representing you my advise would be to ask the police to issue an injunction against your neighbor requiring her to park her car in a considerate manner so it does not cause obstruction, inconvenience or distress, either to yourself or any one else, and also prevent her from causing harassment to you, members of your family, or friends of your self or your family, what so ever, ware so ever, how so ever, or when so ever, in any shape or form.

In other words, she will have to comprehensively leave and your family alone, and if she does not she is potentially facing a spell as guest of his majesty.

That is my legal advise to you on the matter, and I do have some knowledge of the law, you will find it quite an ordeal having to give evidence in court, and council for the defence would love to either make you loose your temper, or brake you, and so diminish your standing in the eyes of a jury, that might destroy you in your present state of mind, I strongly advise you not to take that road for among other things the sake of your health.

In view of the ‘broad side’ you gave her last night(I am being your friend know NOT your legal adviser) in my experience it is highly unlikely she will ever bother you again, but ask for the injunction anyway just to ‘stay her hand’ in the future, and nip this in the bud so it does not come back to you.

I am very sorry, we all miss our mums and there is nothing I can do for you about that, perhaps find a medium who does channelling, I know she cannot give you a hug, but hearing her voice is certainly the next best thing and we all long for yesterday, much wisdom in the Beatles song ‘yesterday came suddenly’ they understood the grittiness of life for ordinary people as it is in any grate city, loss is a cross we all have to bear sooner or later, and it is a permanent, and sometimes almost unbearable change that non of us wanted.

Blessings to you, take care, and I hope that person who would be sacred in a certain country leaves you alone.

Tim xx :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

God Jess! I’d have keyed her car a long time ago!
Been having another lowsy week tbh not enjoying work again at the moment. I’m off soon for 2 weeks though then off again most of May due to the public holidays and the annual leave I’ve put in around it. Usually I just laugh things off when people in work annoy me but I guess being in a bad place already lets things get to you easier!
Hope yous have all been well. I’ve been watching this show called The Traitors every night on bbc iplayer my mum loved it and spoke about it alot but I never checked it out til now. Hoping she’s here watching it with us!
Amy x

Hi Amy and how are you?, you sound a bit ‘pissed off’ and its understandable.

I would have more then keyed her car, I did ask if anyone had a cocktail to throw under it(one that burns :crazy_face:!!!) and I would gladly stand there and warm my mitts on it, they were freezing last night and freezing know.

Sorry that people at work are annoying you, easier said then done I know, but try to remain calm, I know its so easy to lash out, and I know what it is to have to work with idiots and people with no consideration for others.

I am NOT going to church tomorrow, I don’t want to be involved at all with mothering Sunday and will spend the day with my books.

I cannot understand why I mist your last PM, the alert did not come up in my inbox for some reason, and I found your posting to me by chance when checking my sent PM’s, for something else, I apologize again for that.

Hope Romy has recovered, they have probably moved the table.

Blessings to all :innocent:

Tim xx

Hi Tim
Her eye has healed thankfully :slight_smile:
I am ok. I had a chat with my work last week though and let them know I have had thoughts of leaving due to what’s going on. I doubt I will but it’s how I am feeling and I am struggling a bit with the way a certain person speaks to me sometimes. I’ve been told it will be fed back to them. All I can do is try to just get on with my job and not let it get to me, things like that usually don’t bother me too much. I enjoy the work overall and hope I don’t let anyone ruin it for me, it’s a shame though as colleague issues is a reason many people do leave a decent job.
Feeling better this weekend, went to visit my mums sister which was nice. I had actually forgot it’s Mother’s Day soon :frowning: I thought it was next week but I could be wrong.
Going to get up early and get outdoors for a walk tomorrow. Weather is still freezing here too.
Yes the private messaging does seem a bit random at times, I don’t always see them either

Amy xx